Tue, Apr. 28, 9:12 AM
Tue, Mar. 31, 5:36 PM
Tue, Mar. 17, 12:45 PM
Mon, Mar. 16, 9:14 AM
Mon, Mar. 16, 8:41 AM| 4 Comments
Fri, Mar. 13, 12:45 PM
Thu, Mar. 12, 12:45 PM
Thu, Mar. 12, 9:14 AM
Thu, Mar. 12, 8:27 AM
- Amarin (NASDAQ:AMRN) is up 16% premarket on increased volume. H.C. Wainwright analyst Andrew Fein upgraded the stock to "Buy" with a $10 price target. The consensus analyst rating on the stock is "Hold" with a $6 target.
- Maybe Mr. Fein sees something that others don't. According to TipRanks.com, he is a top 100 analyst with an average return of 36.5% and a 69.2% success rate.
- In Q4, Amarin posted a 64% increase in revenue. Vascepa revenue was $16.5M. Consensus view for Q1 is a loss per share of ($0.12) on revenues of $18.7M.
Wed, Mar. 11, 5:36 PM
Wed, Mar. 4, 9:13 AM
- Gainers: IFON +44%. NVGN +44%. EFUT +36%. CNDO +27%. W +22%. ATOS +16%. PHMD +20%. ATHM +13%. NURO +12%. SWHC +10%. AMRN +9%. AEO +8%. AMBA +8%. CRMD +8%. SOL +7%. OREX +7%. TIVO +6%. EXAS +5%.
- Losers: CYCC -22%. BOBE -19%. TNET -16%. BV -16%. VEEV -15%. CYTX -8%. ANF -8%. ONCY -6%. ACHN -5%. FAST -5%.
Thu, Feb. 26, 10:44 AM
- Long-suffering bulls are finally getting some encouraging action from Amarin (AMRN +15.1%). Shares are up 60% in three weeks.
- This morning, the company announced an exclusive agreement with Eddingpharm to commercialize Vascepa (icosapent ethyl) in China, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan. Under the terms of the contract, Amarin will receive an upfront cash payment of $15M, up to $154M in development, regulatory and sales-based milestones and tiered double-digit royalties on net sales that could reach the high teens.
Wed, Feb. 18, 10:38 AM
- Long-suffering bulls are finally getting some positive action from Amarin (AMRN +13.6%) after SunTrust Bank upgrades it to Buy from Neutral with a $6 price target.
- The stock sank as low as $0.78 (November 11) which was 96% below its late May 2011 peak of $19.87. Shares cratered in October 2013 after the FDA withdrew its Special Protocol Assessment (SPA) for Vascepa and a negative Ad Comm vote against an expanded label.
- Previously: Panel votes against label expansion for Amarin's Vascepa (Oct. 16, 2013)
- Previously: Amarin tumbles as FDA pulls SPA (Oct. 29, 2013)
Wed, Feb. 18, 9:15 AM
Nov. 18, 2014, 12:49 PM
Nov. 18, 2014, 11:41 AM
- Amarin (AMRN +22.4%) is up again today on a 50% increase in volume as money flows into the stock in response to a presentation of new data and analyses from the Marine and Anchor Phase 3 Vascepa (icosapent ethyl) trials. Shares are now up 54% from the low of $0.78 on November 11.
- In a poster session at this week's American Heart Association meeting in Chicago, investigators, Dr. Christie M. Ballantyne presented data that showed the use of Vascepa significantly reduced remnant-like particle cholesterol (RLP-C) levels in patients with triglyceride levels between 200 mg/dL and 500 mg/dL compared to placebo, including patients on statin therapy.
- Vascepa reduced median RLP-C levels 29.8% (p=0.0041) in the Marine study and 25.8% (p=0.0001) in Anchor, both compared to placebo.
- RLP-C is an emerging risk factor for cardiovascular disease. It represents the cholesterol content of a subset of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins called remnants.
- Even with the recent rally, shares are down over 80% from October 2013.
AMRN vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR