Jul. 30, 2014, 7:12 AM
Jul. 29, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AB, ACCO, ADT, AMED, AMT, ATRO, AUO, BAH, BDC, BEN, CFR, CVE, D, DHX, DORM, DX, ENR, EVER, GIB, GRMN, GT, HAE, HES, HSP, HUM, HUN, IACI, ICLR, INGR, LFUS, LL, LO, LPLA, MGAM, MINI, MMYT, MRGE, MWV, NICE, NVMI, PAG, PBI, PEG, PSX, PSXP, PTRY, ROK, RRD, S, SAIA, SEE, SGNT, SMP, SO, SODA, SONS, SPB, SPW, TASR, TFX, TRI, VLO, VLY, WEC, WLP
Jun. 16, 2014, 6:58 AM
- BR Towers S.A. owns about 2,530 towers and the exclusive rights to another 2,110, and American Towers (AMT) is buying for about $978M.
- The towers are expected to generate about $131M in annual revenue and roughly $81M in annual gross margin. The deal is expected to be immediately accretive to adjusted FFO upon closing (anticipated in Q4).
- Source: Press Release
Jun. 13, 2014, 7:03 PM
- "The tower industry has several favorable characteristics ... such as recurring revenue streams with long-term contracts, high operating leverage and a benign competitive environment," writes Credit Suisse's Joseph Mastrogiovanni. 4G upgrades, data traffic growth, and pending spectrum auctions are all seen as catalysts.
- At the same time, Mastrogiovanni sees U.S. M&A activity - particularly a potential Sprint/T-Mobile deal - as a risk.
- American Tower (AMT), just started at Outperform, is his top pick in the space. He likes the company's international exposure (1/3 of revenue), and is the most insulated from M&A.
- Crown Castle (CCI) and SBA (SBAC) have been started at Neutral. Mastrogiovanni likes CCI's long-term potential, but also notes it has "the highest exposure to U.S. consolidation risk." He sees SBA benefiting from a lack of master lease agreements with AT&T/Verizon, but thinks it's also exposed to industry M&A.
- Worth noting: M&A only becomes a major issue if regulators approve a Sprint/T-Mobile deal. All signs suggest they still have their concerns.
- Crown Castle CEO Ben Moreland has argued a pending auction for the high-frequency AWS band will lead to "thousands" of new cell sites. A larger auction involving low-frequency spectrum is set for mid-2015.
May. 5, 2014, 3:10 PM
- Globes reports American Tower (AMT +1.6%) is talking with Israel's Cellcom (CEL -0.9%) and Pelephone Communications about buying their mobile sites and leasing them back.
- AMT, which posted a Q1 beat on Thursday, has been on an acquisition binge in recent years. The company agreed to buy giant U.S. cell tower owner Global Tower for $4.8B last year, and also paid $811M to buy and lease back Brazilian/Mexican towers from NII Holdings.
- Thanks to its acquisitions, AMT ended Q1 with $14.3B in debt, a sum offset by just $333M in cash/equivalents.
- Globes notes antitrust regulators have objected to Cellcom and Pelephone's plans to jointly build a 4G network, and that the carriers are looking for other ways to cut costs. The paper reported last month Cellcom is getting set to launch a pay-TV service in August.
May. 1, 2014, 7:07 AM| Comment!
Apr. 30, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ABMD, ACIW, AFSI, AIT, AMT, ANR, ANSS, ARG, AVP, BBW, BDC, BDX, BG, BGCP, BKCC, BLL, BWA, BZH, CAH, CHD, CI, CIE, CLX, CME, CNP, CNSL, COP, CPN, CRCM, CROX, CVI, CVRR, DIN, DPZ, ENDP, EPD, EXAS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, FSS, FUR, GG, GNRC, GWR, HAR, HEP, HSNI, HST, I, IART, IDA, IDCC, IIVI, INCY, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, IT, ITC, ITT, IVZ, JAH, K, KMT, LAZ, LINE, LLL, LM, MA, MD, MDC, MFA, MFC, MPC, MPLX, MSI, MTOR, MWW, MYL, NGLS, NILE, NNN, NVO, O, OAK, OCN, OGE, PCG, PCRX, PEG, PMC, PPL, PRLB, PTRY, PWE, PWR, Q, RFP, RGLD, RRD, SBH, SFY, SHOO, SHPG, SMP, SNMX, STRZA, SWC, TEVA, THRM, TMUS, TXT, UAN, UPL, VG, VIAB, VICL, WLT, WWE, XEL, XOM, YRCW.
Feb. 25, 2014, 4:01 PM
- Thanks partly to acquisitions, American Tower (AMT -3.4%) expects its 2014 rental/management revenue of $3.82B-$3.91B, up from a 2013 level of $3.29B. AFFO is expected to grow to $1.68B-$1.74B from 2013's $1.47B, and capex is expected to be in a range of $850M-$950M.
- While total revenue rose 22.6% Y/Y in Q4, organic core revenue rose 11.2% - 8.7% domestic, 13.5% international. Total domestic revenue +24.6% Y/Y to $622.7M, total international revenue +25.6% to $301.2M.
- Op. margin was flat Y/Y at 68%. AMT ended 2013 with 67K+ sites, and expects to construct 2,250-2,750 new sites in 2014.
- The company ended the year with $14.5B in debt, and $294M in cash/equivalents.
- Q4 results, PR
Feb. 25, 2014, 7:03 AM
Feb. 25, 2014, 12:05 AM
Feb. 24, 2014, 5:30 PM
Nov. 27, 2013, 1:27 PM
- Bloomberg reports Telecom Italia's (TI +0.2%) Brazilian unit (TSU -0.5%) is partnering with Morgan Stanley to find potential buyers for its 7K mobile towers, and that TI proper is "analyzing internally" how to unload its 12K Italian towers.
- American Tower (AMT -0.2%) is named as a potential bidder for the Brazilian assets, which one source thinks could fetch €700M ($951M).
- The report comes as expectations grow TI will eventually sell TSU, in which it owns a 67% stake, altogether. Major TI shareholder Telefonica wants to see a Brazilian sale, but TI has said there's currently no sales process underway.
- AMT is only two months removed from announcing a $4.8B deal to acquire major U.S. tower owner Global Tower Partners. Before that, the company struck an $811M tower purchase/lease-back agreement with NII Holdings for over 4,400 Brazilian and Mexican towers.
- Muddy Waters has been quite critical of an older Brazilian tower purchase deal carried out by AMT.
Nov. 11, 2013, 8:41 AM
- Twitter (TWTR) has been started at Neutral by Sterne Agee. Shares -1.4% premarket after dropping 7% on Friday in the wake of neutral/bearish coverage launches. Shares still +58% from their $26 IPO price.
- Veeva Systems (VEEV) has received four bullish ratings and two neutral ones on underwriter coverage day. Shares +0.6%.
- American Tower (AMT) has been upgraded to Buy by Citi.
- Youku (YOKU) has been upgraded to Buy by Brean ahead of Thursday's Q3 report. Shares +3.1%.
- BT has been upgraded to Overweight by JPMorgan after outbidding Sky for the U.K. TV rights to Champions League games.
- Netgear (NTGR) has been upgraded to Sector Perform by RBC.
- Deutsche Telekom (DTEGY, DTEGF) has been cut to Sell by Goldman after striking a $729M deal to buy wireline carrier GTS Central Europe.
- Lam Research (LRCX) has been cut to Neutral by Susquehanna.
- Diodes (DIOD) has been cut to Outperform from Strong Buy by Raymond James ahead of tomorrow's Q3 report.
Oct. 30, 2013, 7:08 AM
Oct. 30, 2013, 12:05 AM| Comment!
Oct. 29, 2013, 5:30 PM| 1 Comment
AMT vs. ETF Alternatives
American Tower Corp is an owner, operator and developer of wireless and broadcast communications real estate. The Company's main business is leasing antenna space on multi-tenant communications sites to different providers.
Other News & PR