Dec. 3, 2014, 9:08 AM| Comment!
Oct. 29, 2014, 6:12 AM
- AutoNation (NYSE:AN) has stopped selling cars containing Takata (OTCPK:TKTDY) air bags involved in the massive global recall of 16M vehicles.
- "We as a company have made the decision not to retail any vehicle that is involved in this recall until it is repaired," says Chief Executive Mike Jackson.
- While AutoNation is the largest U.S. automotive dealer group, it currently has fewer than 400 used cars equipped with the faulty air bags at its 277 vehicle franchises.
Oct. 28, 2014, 9:10 AM
- Bulls will like...
- That AutoNation (NYSE:AN) didn't go down the path of early results of competitors like Lithia (NYSE:LAD), Asbury (NYSE:ABG) or Sonic (NYSE:SAH).
- That AN didn't repeat it's own Q2.
- That AN seems to be returning to its share repurchase program.
- Bears will say...
- "That there was little to get excited about at the operating level especially with lower margins across the board."
- Source: Morgan Stanely analyst Ravi Shanker
- Previously: AutoNation beats by $0.04, beats on revenue
- Previously: More on AutoNation's Q3
- Previously: Sonic EPS in-line, beats on revenue
- Previously: Asbury Automotive beats by $0.01, revenue in-line
- Previously: Preliminary results in for Lithia Motors' Q3
Oct. 28, 2014, 7:31 AM| Comment!
Oct. 28, 2014, 7:10 AM
Oct. 27, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACI, AET, AGCO, AIXG, ALR, AME, AMTD, AN, AXE, BP, CAS, CIT, CMI, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, CVLT, CYNO, DD, DIN, ECL, ENTG, FCX, FDP, FLWS, FMER, GLPI, GLW, HCA, HMC, HOT, HRS, ICON, IIVI, IPGP, LH, MDSO, MLM, MMC, MSM, MSO, MWV, NBL, NCI, NVS, PCAR, PCG, PES, PFE, PH, POR, RDWR, SAIA, SAVE, SCHN, SCOR, SHW, SIRI, SNCR, ST, SYRG, TECH, TKR, TRW, TTS, TWI, UBS, UTHR, VDSI, VRTS, VSH, WAB, WHR, XYL
Oct. 2, 2014, 9:40 AM
- There's more than passing interest in the auto retailer/dealership group over Warren Buffett's acquisition of Van Tuyl Group.
- Analysts have already tapped the sector as ripe for M&A opportunities before Buffett skipped into the fray.
- AutoNation (AN +2.2%), CarMax (KMX +1.5%), Sonic Automotive (SAH +3.5%), Lithia Motors (LAD +7.1%), Penske Automotive (PAG +3.4%), Group 1 Automotive (GPI +3.5%), Asbury Automotive (ABG +5.5%), Rush Enterprises (RUSHA) are all higher in early action.
- Related: Strong comps at AutoNation.
Oct. 2, 2014, 7:22 AM| Comment!
Sep. 4, 2014, 7:27 AM
Aug. 18, 2014, 2:47 AM
- Russia may impose restrictions or a ban on vehicle imports from Western countries, if the U.S. and EU impose additional sanctions on Moscow, Reuters reports quoting the Vedomosti.
- The paper says that the proposals have already been sent to Putin for consideration but no decision has been made yet.
- The new ban, however, would not apply to foreign automakers' production inside Russia. Ford (NYSE:F), Volkswagen (OTCQX:VLKAY), Renault (OTC:RNSDF), Toyota (NYSE:TM) and Hyundai (OTC:HYMLF) all have production facilities inside the country.
- Related stocks: AN, KMX, CRMT, GM, OTCPK:FIATY, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCPK:MMTOF, OTC:PEUGF, TTM, OTCPK:FUJHY.
Aug. 13, 2014, 1:09 PM
- A fall in used car prices in the U.S. could put some pressure on automakers to offer higher incentives to lure in buyers for new vehicles, according to analysts.
- Truecar.com estimates that new-car incentives will push up 11% to $3K per vehicle in the next two years to counterbalance a drop in used car pricing.
- The long-term forecast for the automobile industry is still favorable with most research firms calling for a return to a pre-recession level of volume.
- Related stocks: AN, KMX, CRMT, GM, F, TM, OTCPK:FIATY, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCPK:MMTOF, OTC:PEUGF, OTC:RNSDF, TTM, OTCPK:FUJHY.
Aug. 4, 2014, 7:39 AM
- AutoNation (NYSE:AN) reports sales of 27,484 new vehicles in July, up 8% from a year ago.
- Same-store sales rose 7% during the period.
- Growth by segment: Domestic +6% to 8,450; Import +7% to 13,921; Premium Luxury +17% to 5,113.
- AN -5.0% premarket as the pace of sales growth trailed the rate of the overall auto industry for the month.
Jul. 18, 2014, 2:43 PM
- Buried inside an economic report from the Richmond Federal Reserve this week is an interesting tidbit on the auto industry.
- As part of its scan of the economic horizon for the Beige Book, the bank noted the massive wave of automobile industry recalls has only had a "slight adverse" impact on sales. Customer traffic was still up and new car sales strong on solid pricing.
- The read from Richmond is consistent with recent U.S. sales reports from major automakers, although with a slight disconnect existing between a "sale" and a "delivery" in the industry the confirmation is noteworthy.
- Chaos theory: Some industry analysts think recalls can actually spur sales as safety is teed up as a consumer issue and older cars replaced.
- Related auto stocks: GM, F, TM, OTCPK:FIATY, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, TTM, TSLA, AN, KMX, SONC.
Jul. 17, 2014, 9:16 AM
Jul. 17, 2014, 7:47 AM| Comment!
Jul. 17, 2014, 7:34 AM
AN vs. ETF Alternatives
AutoNation Inc is an automotive retailer in the United States. The Company offers an automotive products and services, including new vehicles, used vehicles, parts and accessories, automotive services, automotive finance and insurance products.
Other News & PR