Oct. 24, 2014, 8:02 AM
Oct. 17, 2014, 9:48 AM
- A warning from Urban Outfitters (URBN -15%) on Q3 sales and margin rates is impacting peers in the teen-oriented specialty retail sector.
- A number of investment firms are readjusting estimates and ratings based on the development at the retailer.
- Decliners: American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE:AEO) -3.5%, Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE:ANF) -4.4%, Guess (NYSE:GES) -1.7%, Express (NYSE:EXPR) -2.1%, Aeropostale (NYSE:ARO) -1.0%.
Oct. 15, 2014, 2:35 PM
Oct. 7, 2014, 8:05 AM
- The National Retail Forecast forecasts holiday sales will increase by 4.1% this season.
- The mark doesn't includes sales from the auto, gas, and restaurant categories.
- Holiday sales haven't risen at a +4% clip since 2011.
- Online sales are pegged for a 8% to 11% rise this holiday season to top last year's 8.6% gain.
- Related stocks: AMZN, TGT, WMT, BBY, M, GPS, JWN, KSS, LULU, ANF, AEO, URBN, DKS, CAB, NKE, LB.
- Related ETFs: XLY, XRT, VCR, RTH, RETL, IYK, IYC, FXD, FDIS, SCC, UCC, PMR, UGE, RCD, SZK
Oct. 6, 2014, 7:03 AM
- Mizuho Securities ups its rating on Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE:ANF) to Buy from Neutral.
- Piper Jaffray downgrades the retailer to a Neutral rating from Overweight and assigns a $45 price target.
- Last week, A&F shook off its lone Sell rating on the Street when Barclays went to an Equal Weight stance.
- ANF +0.1% premarket
Sep. 24, 2014, 8:13 AM
- Retail sales could increase by 4.5% to $986B this holiday season on an improved macroeconomic backdrop, forecasts Deloitte Touche.
- The mark would easily top last year's 2.8% rise.
- Online sales are tipped to rise by 14%.
- Promotional activity across broad retail has been dialed back a touch during the back-to-school season, but is still a risk to margins heading into the crucial shopping period.
- What to watch: This holiday season could be an operational pressure cooker for UPS (NYSE:UPS) and FedEx (NYSE:FDX) with demand expected to be high.
- Related stocks: AAP, AEO, ANF, BBBY, BBY, BJ, CHS, COH, COST, DG, FDO, FL, GPS, JCP, JNY, JWN, KSS, LB, LULU, M, NDN, PIR, RL, TGT, TIF, TJX, UA, URBN, VFC, WMT, ZLC, PERY, SQBG, VNCE, KORS, GIII, KATE, GIL, VRA, ICON, PSMT, AMZN.
- Related ETFs: XLY, XRT, VCR, RTH, RETL, IYK, FXD, FDIS, PMR, UGE, RCD, SZK
Sep. 24, 2014, 6:49 AM
Sep. 18, 2014, 10:44 AM
- Uniqlo (OTCPK:FRCOY) aims to have 39 stores up and running in the U.S. by the middle of November as it builds out its fast-fashion brand with consumers.
- The company has a goal to have 200 stores in the U.S. by 2020.
- What to watch Though traditional rivals for Uniqlo include Zara (OTCPK:IDEXY), Hennes & Mauritz (OTCPK:HMRZF), and Gap (NYSE:GPS) - an explosive growth run by Uniqlo could threaten clothing chains (AEO, ARO, ANF, PSUN, ZUMZ, EXPR, BKE, URBN, WTSL, JNY, CACH, CATO, BEBE, TLYS) up and down the retail sector over the longer term.
Sep. 17, 2014, 9:30 AM| 2 Comments
Sep. 3, 2014, 7:01 AM
- Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE:ANF) reaches a settlement with shareholders over its compensation policy.
- The company will appoint a chief ethics and compliance officer to monitor its new tighter policies on executive pay.
- CEO Michael Jeffries has raked in more than $140M in compensation over the last 7 years.
Aug. 28, 2014, 2:14 PM
- Execs with Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF -5.1%) tipped off a new approach at the retailer during the firm's earnings call today.
- A faster-to-market approach will be utilized to try to take advantage of fickle teenager preferences, while the struggling logo business will be phased out.
- "We're looking to take the North American logo business to practically nothing," said CEO Mike Jeffries.
- Earnings call webcast
Aug. 28, 2014, 9:25 AM
Aug. 28, 2014, 8:09 AM
- Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE:ANF) managed to top Q2 earnings estimate by keeping a tight lid on costs.
- The retailer cut marketing, general and administrative expenses by 6%, while expenses for stores and distribution expense were trimmed by 10%.
- Comp sales by brand: Abercrombie & Fitch -1%; Abercrombie Kids -6%; Hollister -10%.
- Guidance for comp sales for the full year is for a decline at a mid-single-digit rate, although a "modest" improvement has been seen at stores since the back-to-school season started.
- ANF -5.3% premarket
Aug. 28, 2014, 8:01 AM
- Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE:ANF) reports comparable-store sales fell 7% in Q2.
- International comps were down 9%, while the U.S. comp fell 5% during the period.
- Direct-to-consumer sales +11%.
- Gross profit rate -180 bps to 62.1%.
- Guidance: Full-year EPS outlook of $2.15-$2.25 vs. consensus $2.37.
- ANF -5.4% premarket
Aug. 28, 2014, 7:55 AM| Comment!
Aug. 27, 2014, 5:30 PM
ANF vs. ETF Alternatives
Abercrombie & Fitch Co is a specialty retailer, which operates stores and direct-to-consumer operations. The Company sells products, including casual sportswear apparel, including knit and woven shirts, and graphic t-shirts.
Other News & PR