5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are 4 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Business Wire (Feb 26, 2014)
Business Wire (Feb 25, 2014)
Business Wire (Feb 19, 2014)
Business Wire (Feb 10, 2014)
Business Wire (Feb 6, 2014)
Business Wire (Jan 30, 2014)
Business Wire (Dec 30, 2013)
Business Wire (Dec 23, 2013)
Business Wire (Dec 16, 2013)
at MarketWatch.com (Aug 26, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Oct 11, 2012)
ANFI vs. ETF Alternatives
Tuesday, Feb 255:37 PM
Tuesday, Feb 255:37 PM| Comment!
- Amira Nature Foods (ANFI): FQ3 EPS of $0.22 misses by $0.06.
- Revenue of $142.5M (+25.1% Y/Y) beats by $16.08M.
Tuesday, Feb 257:42 AM|Tuesday, Feb 257:42 AM| Comment!
Tuesday, Jan 76:38 AM
Tuesday, Jan 76:38 AM| 2 Comments
- Despite lagging the S&P 500, food stocks had a strong year in 2013. We believe investors should remain selective in their allocation of capital by placing a greater emphasis on stock picking.
- Overall, in terms of themes for our packaged food/beverage coverage universe in 2014, we expect sluggish but gradually improving food volume trends, increased promotional intensity (funded by easing commodity costs and retailers fighting for traffic share) and a relatively active M&A environment.
- Accordingly, we prefer companies with solid organic growth prospects [Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR); Amira Nature Foods (ANFI); J & J Snack Foods Corp. (JJSF)], exposure to declining commodity costs [GMCR; Hormel Foods (HRL); The J.M. Smucker Company (SJM); Flowers Foods, Inc. (FLO)], exposure to company specific margin enhancing opportunities [FLO; GMCR, ConAgra Foods (CAG)] and ability to benefit from accretive M&A (SJM, JJSF and CAG).
- On the non-branded part of our coverage universe, Ingredion (INGR) is our top pick followed by Tyson Foods (TSN) and Dean Foods (DF).
Tuesday, Nov 122013, 2:48 PM
Tuesday, Nov 122013, 2:48 PM| Comment!
- Amira Nature Foods (ANFI +2%) has given up yesterday's AH gains (+13% at one point), which came on the back of its FQ2 report. The company posted EPS of $0.18, beating expectations by $0.01, and revenue of $108M (+31% Y/Y). (PR)
- Management reiterates FY2014 guidance for revenue of $480M-$507M (vs. consensus of $504.2M) and EBITDA of $62M-$66M.
- Jefferies, which reiterated a Buy rating and raised its PT a dollar to $22, notes, "The geographic expansion, Indian distribution center build-out and organic ready meal launch all appear to be on track and should continue to drive strong growth."
- The "one slight damper ... was the apparently delayed status of the debt refinancing until early CY14 (we had expected late CY13) but it is offset by strong fundamentals."
Monday, Nov 112013, 5:19 PM
Monday, Aug 262013, 5:21 PM
Monday, Aug 262013, 4:32 PM
Monday, Aug 262013, 4:32 PM| Comment!
- Amira Nature Foods (ANFI) soars 11% AH following an upbeat FQ1 report.
- Revenue and EBITDA rise 37.6% and 42.4% respectively.
- After tax profit jumps 124.5%.
- The quarterly results reflect "the continued strong demand for ANFI's products and successful execution of [the company's] business strategy," CEO Karan Chanana says.
- FY14 outlook affirmed: Revenue of $480-507M, EBITDA of $62-66M. (PR)
Monday, Aug 262013, 4:13 PM|Monday, Aug 262013, 4:13 PM| Comment!
Tuesday, Jul 22013, 9:11 AM
Monday, Jun 102013, 2:42 PMAmira Nature Foods (ANFI -8.9%) falls hard after reporting FQ4 and FY13 results that were essentially in line with expectations. In the report, the company says it expects FY14 revenue of $480-507M and EBITDA of $62-66M. Analysts are looking for sales of $491.04M in the coming year. (PR) |Monday, Jun 102013, 2:42 PM| Comment!
Monday, Jun 102013, 7:05 AM
Friday, May 312013, 10:36 AMThe list of concerns on Amira Nature Foods (ANFI -3.3%) is long and varied, according to SA contributor Howie Man. A public listing under the reduced terms of the JOBS Act doesn't change the fact that the company shouldn't be grouped into the natural/organic mix of stocks along with Hain's Celestial and Annie's - but should be considered a "low quality, commodity business." warns Man. |Friday, May 312013, 10:36 AM| Comment!
Monday, Feb 252013, 7:06 AM
Tuesday, Nov 202012, 5:39 PM
Tuesday, Nov 202012, 4:12 PM
Thursday, Sep 272012, 1:29 PMAmira Nature Foods sets its 9M share IPO price range at $13-$15 per share, and will trade under the symbol ANFI. The company sells packaged Indian specialty rice in over 40 countries, generating a majority of its revenue from the sale of basmati rice. It expects to raise around $113M from the offering. |Thursday, Sep 272012, 1:29 PM| Comment!
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.