Fri, Apr. 24, 7:21 AM
- Net earnings of $58.4M, or $0.65 per share vs. $46.7M or $0.51 per share in the same period a year ago.
- North America sales: +10% to $429.2M; World: +13% to $195.9M.
- During the quarter, A. O. Smith (NYSE:AOS) repurchased 333K shares of common stock at a total cost of $20.7M.
- The company also increased its full-year earnings estimate to $2.72-$2.82 per share vs. a previous range of $2.65-$2.80, with expectations of increased commercial boiler and Chinese sales growth.
- AOS +0.8% premarket
- Q1 results
Tue, Jan. 27, 5:35 PM
Tue, Jan. 27, 10:55 AM
- A. O. Smith (AOS +4.7%) has announced Q4 adjusted earnings of $57.5M, or $0.64 per share vs. $48M or $0.52 per share in the same period a year ago.
- North America sales: +12.7% to 430.7M; World: +10% to $203.4M.
- During the quarter, the company repurchased 343.3K shares of common stock at a total cost of $17.2M. For 2014, repurchases totaled approximately 2.2M shares at a cost of $103.8M.
- The company expects 2015 sales to increase approximately 10% from 2014 and 2015 earnings to be between a range of $2.65-$2.80 per share.
- Q4 results
Jul. 19, 2012, 11:05 AMShares of A.O. Smith (AOS -2.2%) slip on a bout of profit taking after a number of Wall Street firms cut the shares on valuation following its solid Q2 earnings beat yesterday. The stock has been on a tear over the past few months, gaining nearly 20% since early June. Wedbush and Sterne Agee both downgrade the stock to Neutral, while KeyBanc reduces its rating to hold. | Comment!
Apr. 20, 2012, 11:59 AMA.O. Smith (AOS +6.8%) gains after easily beating Q1 expectations. Net profit increased by 16% Y/Y, on strong sales from its recently acquired water-heater firm Lochinvar and continued growth in China. The company also lifts its FY12 forecast, now projecting earnings between $2.75 - $2.90 per share, versus its previous per share forecast of $2.65 - $2.85. | Comment!
Jan. 27, 2012, 3:32 PM
Oct. 21, 2011, 10:37 AMA.O. Smith (AOS +3.9%) rises after reporting Q3 earnings of $0.58 vs. $0.48 expected. After stripping out a one-time gain from an asset sale, earnings were just $0.39. Of particular interest is a comment on the conference call noting a deceleration in hot water heater sales in China: "The main place we're seeing weakness is the very large cities." | Comment!
Jul. 19, 2011, 9:35 AM
AOS vs. ETF Alternatives
A O Smith Corp manufactures and sells water heaters and boilers, for residential and commercial end markets principally in the USA. The Company has two reporting segments; North America and Rest of World.
Other News & PR