Thu, Jan. 8, 8:03 AM
- Apollo Group (NASDAQ:APOL) reports University of Phoenix degreed enrollment fell 13.5% to 227.4K in FQ1.
- New degreed enrollment was 5.0% lower than a year ago at 39,600.
- Segment revenue: University of Phoenix: $592.85M (-20.41%); Apollo Global: $114.14M (26.31%); Other: $11.06M (-8.80%).
- Segment operating income: University of Phoenix: $93.51M (-49.03%); Apollo Global: -$4.84M; Other: -$28.18M.
- FQ2 Guidance: Net revenue: $580M to $595M; Operating loss: $25M to $35M.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net revenue: $2.74B to $2.80B; Operating income: $250M to $290M.
- APOL -5.84% premarket.
Thu, Jan. 8, 7:37 AM
Wed, Jan. 7, 5:30 PM
Oct. 21, 2014, 8:34 AM
Oct. 21, 2014, 7:33 AM
Oct. 20, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jun. 25, 2014, 8:25 AM
- Apollo Education (APOL) +1.7% premarket after FQ3 earnings beat expectation, although revenues fell 15.5% Y/Y to $799.9M.
- University of Phoenix enrollment totaled 241,900, a 16% decline but ahead of the company's forecast of 230K by August; new enrollment fell 13% Y/Y to 33,900.
- APOL narrows its outlook range for the year, now expecting revenue of $3.04B-$3.06B and operating income of $420M-$435M; it had previously forecast revenue of $3B-$3.1B and operating income of $400M-$450M.
- Today could be a stomach-churning ride for investors, if history is a guide: The average move for shares in either direction on earnings day during the last five years has been 10.7%.
Jun. 25, 2014, 7:32 AM
Jun. 24, 2014, 5:30 PM
Apr. 1, 2014, 4:04 PM
Apr. 1, 2014, 12:10 AM
Mar. 31, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jan. 7, 2014, 4:09 PM
Jan. 7, 2014, 12:10 AM
Jan. 6, 2014, 5:35 PM
Oct. 22, 2013, 4:39 PM
- FQ4 revenue of $845M is off 15% Y/Y with University of Phoenix enrollemtn down 18.1% to 269K. Operating income of $34.7M is off 61%.
- FY2014 revenue guidance of $2.95B-$3.05B and operating income of $375M-$450M. Fixed operating costs are expected to be cut by a minimum $300M, bringing the cost base to $650M or 18% lower than FY2012.
- Conference call at 5 ET.
- FQ3 results, press release.
- APOL +13% AH.
APOL vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR