- Ares Capital is an externally managed BDC, the largest in America in terms of assets. Its managers, Ares Management, oversees $74 billion in leveraged finance portfolios.
- Management has an average of 22 years of experience in the leveraged finance industry.
- Competitive advantages include: special relationship with GE Capital for the senior secured lending program and largest staff in the industry to oversee due diligence in loan origination.
- Management hires specialists from specific industries to help Ares Capital become a one stop shop for growing businesses. Ares, as the largest bdc, is capable of $400 million loans.
- Ares has the largest and most diversified loan portfolio in the industry, consisting of $7.6 billion in loans to 193 companies. Its dividend coverage ratio is 110%.