5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Business Wire (Dec 10, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Apr 3, 2012)
at CNBC.com (Dec 30, 2010)
at CNBC.com (Sep 21, 2010)
ARLP vs. ETF Alternatives
Alliance Resources Partners, L.P. is a diversified producer and marketer of coal to United States utilities and industrial users. It operates ten underground mining complexes in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland and West Virginia.
Tuesday, Apr 152:26 PM
Tuesday, Apr 152:26 PM| 34 Comments
- The D.C. Court of Appeals upholds EPA regulations requiring power plants to limit emissions hazardous air pollutants, siding with the EPA's determination that its regulations were appropriate and necessary.
- The 2-1 court majority rejects arguments the agency should have considered the costs of its regulations before moving forward, while the dissenting judge warns the costs of the EPA regulations would amount to more than $9B/year.
- Related tickers: KOL, BTU, WLT, CNX, ACI, ANR, JRCC, YZC, PCXCQ, ARLP, NRP, PVR, PVA, OXF, CLD, WLB
Tuesday, Jan 287:07 AM|Tuesday, Jan 287:07 AM| Comment!
Tuesday, Jan 2812:05 AM
Monday, Jan 275:30 PM
Monday, Jan 272:31 PM
Monday, Jan 272:31 PM| 20 Comments
- The price for met coal used to make steel has dropped to $125/ton from an already-low $132/ton, and Citigroup’s Brian Yu thinks Alpha Natural Resources (ANR) and Walter Energy (WLT) stand to get hurt most among coal producers while Alliance Resource Partners (ARLP) and Peabody Energy (BTU) can best withstand the slide.
- Citi retains its Sell rating on ANR because of several marginal mines that risk closure in a low commodity price environment and from over-aggressive consensus estimates; the firm cuts its WLT 12-month target price to $14 from $17.50 given the multiple compression impact from met pricing.
- Meanwhile, Nomura prefers Consol Energy (CNX) and raises its 2014 EPS estimate to account for high gas production growth and upside from improved unit costs and gas price upside.
Thursday, Jan 98:29 AM
Thursday, Jan 98:29 AM| 12 Comments
- Cowen downgrades Alpha Natural Resources (ANR), Teck Resources (TCK) and Walter Energy (WLT) to Market Perform from Outperform, believing improved sentiment in the coal markets (particularly thermal) has led stocks significantly ahead of fundamental improvement.
- The firm thinks investors may migrate to Peabody Energy (BTU) based on favorable exposure to international met operations and an improving PRB market, but see it also near fair value; it favors thermal-focused names Cloud Peak (CLD) and Alliance Resource Partners (ARLP).
- ANR -1.5%, TCK -0.8%, WLT -1.5% premarket.
Tuesday, Dec 102013, 6:50 PM
Tuesday, Dec 102013, 6:50 PM| 19 Comments
- Supreme Court justices today expressed sympathy for the EPA’s approach to air pollution that crosses state lines.
- The rule that would curb emissions from coal-fired power plants in 28 states - struck down by the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals and being tested by power companies, states and miners - has never taken effect, but it would force companies to either shutter old plants or invest billions of dollars in pollution-control technology.
- The court’s four Democrat appointees, at times joined by Chief Justice Roberts and Justice Kennedy, suggested the EPA had adhered to the language of the Clean Air Act; only Justice Scalia seemed convinced the rule could be unfair to some states.
- ETFs: KOL, XLU, IDU, VPU, RYU, PUI, UPW, FXU, SDP, PSCU, FUTY, UTLT.
- Coal names: PCXCQ, BTU, WLT, CNX, ACI, ANR, JRCC, YZC, ARLP, AHGP, NRP, PVR, PVG, PVA, OXF, CLD, WLB, RNO.
Monday, Dec 22013, 3:52 PM
Monday, Dec 22013, 3:52 PM| 5 Comments
- The late-day rise in coal stocks (KOL) is attributed to comments by the EPA's Gina McCarthy that the agency would give states "significant flexibility" in meeting carbon emission requirements from power plants; the EPA will propose the standards next June, McCarthy says.
- Analysts say such flexibility would be especially positive for James River Coal (JRCC +9.7%), whose shares momentarily popped 25% before calming down a bit.
- Also: ACI +3%, ANR +1.4%, BTU +0.6%, WLT +1.3%, CNX +1.6%, CLD +0.8%, ARLP -0.2%.
Monday, Oct 282013, 7:04 AM|Monday, Oct 282013, 7:04 AM| Comment!
Monday, Oct 282013, 12:05 AM
Sunday, Oct 272013, 5:30 PM
Friday, Sep 272013, 3:49 PM
Friday, Sep 272013, 3:49 PM| 1 Comment
- Alliance Resource Partners (ARLP -2.4%) says its Pontiki mine in Kentucky is expected to close by year end, and its Excel Mining subsidiary issued Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification notices to all employees at the complex.
- ARLP does not expect the mine closure to have a material impact on 2013 financial results.
Friday, Jul 262013, 7:54 AMMore on Alliance Resource's (ARLP) Q2 results: Issues in-line guidance for FY 2013, raises FY revenues to $2.165B-$2.225B ex-transportation revs from prior guidance of $2.1B-$2.2B vs. $2.2B consensus. Tunnel Ridge production rose 54% Q/Q. Expects strong H1 performance of Illinois Basin operations to continue. Secured new coal sales commitments for delivery of ~2.6M tons through 2015. |Friday, Jul 262013, 7:54 AM| Comment!
Friday, Jul 262013, 7:15 AM
Friday, Jul 262013, 12:05 AM
Thursday, Jul 252013, 5:30 PM