Feb. 3, 2014, 7:44 AM
Jan. 27, 2014, 10:52 AM
- A little bit more air comes out of the previously scorching small-cap biotech names today. Among them: CytRx (CYTR -4.8%), Dyax (DYAX -5.2%), Galena (GALE -9.6%), Novavax (NVAX -9%), Arena (ARNA -6.3%), Synta (SNTA -10.8%), Zogenix (ZGNX -3.5%), Tonix (TNXP -8.4%).
- Biotech ETFs: IBB, XBI, BIB, BBH, FBT, PBE, BIS
Dec. 26, 2013, 10:57 AM
- Shares of Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA +5.7%) are notably higher in morning trading.
- Perhaps helping the cause is SA contributor EnhydrisPECorp, who thinks "the tide is starting to turn" for the company and says the Street's generally bearish take on the shares may be the result of analysts "drinking too much egg nog."
- Also mentioned in the article (and also sharply higher) are shares of Inovio Pharmaceuticals (INO +13.4%) which the author says may "double from current levels." The piece cites insider and institutional buying.
Nov. 27, 2013, 1:08 PM
- JPMorgan maintains an Overweight rating and $12 price target on Orexigen (OREX +4.1%) following the company's positive Contrave announcement earlier in the week.
- In a note dated November 25th, analyst Cory Kasimov commented, "While details are expectedly sparse at this point, the press release notes that the interim analysis 'clearly achieved' its goal in ruling out excessive CV risk associated with the product. With an imminent NDA resubmission anticipated, we believe Contrave is well on its way to being approved in the US by mid 2014 and potentially in Europe later that year. In our opinion, [this] development should finally trigger a substantial narrowing of the still meaningful valuation gap that exists between OREX and the other two pure play obesity companies, Arena (ARNA +0.6%) and Vivus (VVUS -0.4%)."
- For good measure, some color on Empatic: This Phase 3 ready product also includes buproprion as one of its two components, similar to Contrave. By demonstrating a lack of CV risk in LIGHT, we believe that the value and future probability of success of Empatic ... also increases.
Nov. 15, 2013, 8:38 AM| 4 Comments
Nov. 11, 2013, 9:15 AM
Nov. 8, 2013, 12:27 PM
Nov. 8, 2013, 9:01 AM
Nov. 7, 2013, 4:29 PM
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA) expands its Belviq marketing agreement with Eisai (ESALF).
- Eisai now has commercialization rights "for all countries worldwide, except for South Korea, Taiwan, Australia, Israel, and New Zealand."
- ARNA gets $60M upfront and is eligible for up to $176.5M in milestone payments and up to $1.56B in one-time purchase price adjustment payments.
- ARNA will still recognize 31.5% of North American sales and 30.75% of sales in South America. Rates under new agreement: Europe, China, and Japan, 27.5%; 30.75% elsewhere. Rates may rise as high as 35% in Europe, China, and Asia on sales over $500M.
- The companies also say they plan to "investigate the potential of Belviq in new areas, such as smoking cessation, a once-daily formulation, a fixed-dose combination with phentermine, as well as explore Belviq's impact on diabetes and cardiovascular outcomes." (PR)
- See also: ARNA Q3 results
Nov. 7, 2013, 4:20 PM| 4 Comments
Nov. 7, 2013, 12:10 AM
- ADES, ADUS, AIRM, AL, ALJ, ANAC, ARAY, AREX, ARNA, ATLS, ATW, AUQ, AVG, BCEI, BEBE, BIO, BNNY, BPZ, CFN, CLNE, CUBE, DAR, DIS, DMD, EAC,EBS, ECPG, ELON, ENOC, EZPW, FEYE, FF, FUEL, FXEN, GERN, GRPN, GXP, HTGC, IL, KRO, KTOS, LCI, LFVN, MCP, MDRX, MITK, MNST, MNTX, MSCC, NES,NFG, NKTR, NOG, NVDA, OCLR, OLED, PCLN, PEGA, PODD, RNDY, SF, SGMS, SLXP, SNTS, SQNM, SWIR, TSRO, TUMI, UBNT, UNXL, VVC, WIFI, WR, WTR, XNPT, XTEX, YRCW
Nov. 6, 2013, 5:35 PM
- ADES, ADUS, AIRM, AL, ALJ, ANAC, ARAY, AREX, ARNA, ATLS, ATW, AUQ, AVG, BCEI, BEBE, BIO, BNNY, BPZ, CFN, CLNE, CUBE, DAR, DIS, DMD, EAC,EBS, ECPG, ELON, ENOC, EZPW, FEYE, FF, FUEL, FXEN, GERN, GRPN, GXP, HTGC, IL, KRO, KTOS, LCI, LFVN, MCP, MDRX, MITK, MNST, MNTX, MSCC, NES,NFG, NKTR, NOG, NVDA, OCLR, OLED, PCLN, PEGA, PODD, RNDY, SF, SGMS, SLXP, SNTS, SQNM, SWIR, TSRO, TUMI, UBNT, UNXL, VVC, WIFI, WR, WTR, XNPT,XTEX, YRCW
Nov. 1, 2013, 9:13 AM
Nov. 1, 2013, 8:17 AM
- Shares of Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA) are down 4.5% in premarket trading on the heels of Belviq partner Eisai's H1 results.
- Belviq sales for the six months ended September 30 were just $9M.
- Backing out the $4.13M in sales the weight-loss drug saw during Eisai's FQ1 means quarterly sales were somewhere around $4.8-4.9M.
- ARNA recognizes 31.5% of Belviq sales, equating to ~$1.53M for the quarter — consensus is $5.45M.
Oct. 25, 2013, 1:35 PM
Oct. 16, 2013, 9:08 AM
- "Based on the ratio of NRx/TRx, refill rates appear to be low," Needham's Alan Carr says, referring to Arena's (ARNA) Belviq.
- The shares rallied sharply Tuesday, after marketing partner Eisai (ESALF.PK) said it will double its sales force for the weight-loss drug.
- Nevertheless, Carr says "Belviq patient awareness [is] low." The analyst also calls single-agent efficacy "modest."
- Hold rating reiterated.
- ARNA +1.3% premarket.
ARNA vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR