Wed, Apr. 15, 1:32 PM
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH -2.5%) upgraded to Buy with a $141 (21% upside) price target by Jefferies.
- AbbVie (ABBV +1.1%) upgraded to Outperform with a $68 (9% upside) price target by BMO Capital Markets. Analyst Alex Arfaei cites improved prospects for Imbruvica and increased confidence that the company can defend Humira against biosimilars.
- Clovis Oncology (CLVS +7.3%) upgraded to Buy with a $117 (27% upside) price target by Goldman Sachs.
- NuVasive (NUVA -4%) downgraded to Hold with a $49 (14% upside from today's down move) price target by Cannaccord Genuity.
- Arrowhead Research (ARWR -3.3%) downgraded to Hold with a $9 (28% upside from today's down move) price target by Jefferies.
- Cellular Dynamics (ICEL +0.1%) downgraded to Market Perform with a $16.50 price target by Leerink Swann (unsurprising since the company is being acquired by Fujifilm for $16.50).
Tue, Apr. 14, 12:45 PM
Tue, Apr. 14, 9:12 AM
Mon, Apr. 13, 9:15 AM
Mon, Apr. 13, 7:53 AM
- The FDA gives the green light to Arrowhead Research (NASDAQ:ARWR) to initiate a Phase 2b study of ARC-520 for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B infection. The study, called Heparc-2004, will involved 12 patients, eight will receive 1 mg/kg of ARC-520 and four will receive placebo.
- The trial is designed to assess multiple doses of ARC-520 (2 mg/kg and 4 mg/kg) but FDA has a partial clinical hold in place until it reviews data from the 1 mg/kg arm.
- The company expects to begin patient enrollment in ~1 month.
- Previously: Arrowhead drops after FDA partial clinical hold on hep B candidate (Jan. 12)
Thu, Mar. 5, 9:15 AM
Thu, Mar. 5, 8:06 AM
- Arrowhead Research (NASDAQ:ARWR) acquires Novartis' (NYSE:NVS) RNA interference (RNAi) R&D portfolio and associated assets, including certain patents and patent applications, an exclusive license to other patents and patent applications owned or controlled by Novartis, the assignment of a third party license and three preclinical product candidates.
- Specific assets include multiple patent families covering RNAi-trigger design rules and modifications that fall outside of competitors' patents which provides Arrowhead freedom to operate for any target or indication, the assignment of Novartis' license from Alnylam (NASDAQ:ALNY) that gives Arrowhead access to Alnylam IP, excluding delivery, covering 30 gene targets and three product candidates with varying amounts of preclinical data.
- Under the terms of the agreement, Arrowhead will pay $10M in cash (includes $7M paid previously) and $25M in ARWR stock within 30 days. Novartis is eligible to receive milestones and single-digit royalties on net sales.
- Arrowhead will host a conference call this morning at 8:30 am to discuss the deal.
Mon, Feb. 9, 4:03 PM
Mon, Feb. 2, 4:15 PM
Thu, Jan. 22, 9:15 AM
Mon, Jan. 12, 1:27 PM
- Arrowhead Research (ARWR -25.5%) plummets on more than double normal volume after the company disclosed that the FDA has placed a partial clinical hold on the multiple-dose study evaluating ARC-520 in patients with chronic hepatitis B infection. The company will be able to proceed with the 1 mg/kg dose but not the planned 2 mg/kg and 4 mg/kg parallel doses.
- The FDA also requested additional information including a final report from the single-dose Phase 2a study in patients who received 1-4 mg/kg ARC-520 and a final report from an ongoing multiple-dose non-clinical study. The agency committed to sending a letter to the firm detailing the issues within 30 days.
- The company intends to start additional Phase 2b trials in Asia and Europe in the coming weeks.
Mon, Jan. 12, 12:46 PM
Mon, Jan. 12, 9:14 AM
Fri, Jan. 2, 8:33 AM
Dec. 31, 2014, 9:15 AM
Dec. 30, 2014, 12:48 PM
ARWR vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR