There are 6 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Mon, Sep. 15, 10:48 AM
- Hedge funds Red Alder and Engine Capital think Ann (ANN -0.4%) could land as much as $60 to $65 per share in a sale to a retailer to top the $50 to $55 a share P-E firms would be likely to pony up.
- Ascena Retail (ASNA -0.7%), Chico's FAS (CHS -0.5%), and Fast Retailing (OTCPK:FRCOY) have been tapped as potential acquirers.
Mon, Jun. 30, 5:35 PM
Tue, Jun. 3, 4:04 PM| Comment!
Mon, Jun. 2, 5:35 PM
Mon, Mar. 3, 5:37 PM
Mon, Mar. 3, 4:16 PM| Comment!
Mon, Mar. 3, 12:10 AM
Sun, Mar. 2, 5:35 PM
Mon, Jan. 13, 9:12 AM
Mon, Jan. 6, 8:58 AM
- Winter storms which dumped over ten inches of snow in a large number of U.S. cities (Boston, Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, NYC region) has wreaked havoc on mall traffic, according to retail watchers.
- In some major cities, malls were completely closed down due to the extreme snow.
- The extended bout of wintry weather hit right as the sector was looking for a bounce from post-holiday deal shoppers and gift card conversions.
- Analysts think most of the anticipated sales will be recouped, although a lag factor could in play. Apparel sellers could be the hardest hit as inventory starts to look stale.
- On watch: AEO, ANF, ARO, JCP, JWN, KSS, URBN, APP, TLYS, GES, BKE, CHS, ASNA, CWTR, ANN, CBK, NWY, CACH, BODY, WTSL, CATO, BEBE, DDS, LB, PSUN, EXPR, DDS, M, GPS, SHLD.
- Related ETFs: XLY, VCR, FXD, FDIS, RCD, PEZ, PSCD
Thu, Jan. 2, 1:59 PM
Dec. 23, 2013, 9:03 AM
- Warnings on slow store traffic at retailers are being heard far and wide from analysts as more channel checks disappoint.
- Ground zero for promotional activity in the sector appears to be mall-based apparel sellers which are throwing "shocking" deals at consumers to stoke sales and clear inventory.
- Weather has been a factor, but forward-looking insiders also see a paradigm shift. Consumers enabled with mobile devices have taken a hatchet to the amount of their holiday season impulse buying which typically helps retailers drive margins higher on select items at stores.
- On watch: AEO, ANF, ARO, JCP, JWN, KSS, URBN, APP, TLYS, GES, BKE, CHS, ASNA, CWTR, ANN, CBK, NWY, CACH, BODY, WTSL, CATO, BEBE, DDS, LB, PSUN, EXPR.
Dec. 4, 2013, 7:12 AM
- The inventory levels of apparel retailers in the U.S. stand at alarming levels, according to Nomura Equity Research.
- By most accounts, the group didn't perform well over the Black Friday weekend after entering the holiday shopping season at high inventory levels.
- Retailers such as Macy's (M) and Gap (GPS) may have an edge with their strong online fulfillment programs, but the early starts to the shopping season exacerbate inventory issues. Some retail chains will start selling spring lines in late December forcing a more promotional stance on older items.
- On watch: AEO, ANF, ARO, JCP, JWN, KSS, URBN, LTD, APP, TLYS, GES, BKE, CHS, ASNA, CWTR, ANN, CBK, NWY, CACH, BODY, WTSL, CATO, BEBE, DDS.
Dec. 2, 2013, 5:44 PM
Dec. 2, 2013, 4:05 PM| Comment!
Dec. 2, 2013, 12:10 AM
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.
ASNA vs. ETF Alternatives
Ascena Retail Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries operates as a specialty retailer of apparel for women and tween girls. The company offers apparel, accessories, footwear, and lifestyle products, such as bedroom furnishings and electronics.
Other News & PR