Ascent Solar: Very Expensive Play On Consumer Solar Products Growth
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
There are no Transcripts on ASTI.
Tue, Oct. 21, 1:14 PM
- Microcap research firm SeeThruEquity has launched coverage on Ascent Solar (NASDAQ:ASTI) with a $3 target.
- SeeThruEquity's Ajay Tandon: "What intrigues us most about Ascent Solar is the potential for the company to leverage the differentiating aspects of its proprietary technology – high power-to-weight and voltage-to-area ratios built on tough, flexible materials – to new solar markets that have strong potential for attractive economics, such as consumer electronics, portable power, and specialized aerospace and defense applications."
- The firm also notes the presence of Ascent's EnerPlex accessories on Walmart and Amazon's sites, and the company's JV with the Suqian, China municipal government.
Thu, Oct. 9, 11:38 AM
Tue, Sep. 23, 12:45 PM
Mon, Sep. 22, 1:45 PM
- High-beta tech stocks are selling off hard as the Nasdaq registers a 1.3% decline. The selling is broad-based, with Internet, solar, and enterprise tech stocks all well-represented among the ranks of major decliners.
- Major Internet decliners: BIDU -4.7%. ANGI -7%. YELP -5.9%. AWAY -5.1%. CHGG -5.9%. GRUB -5.8%. P -5.2%. Z -4.6%. TRLA -4.8%. ATHM -7.9%. BITA -7%. DANG -5.9%. WB -5.3%.
- Solar: FSLR -4.5%. SCTY -7.5%. SPWR -4.5%. DQ -7.6%. JKS -5.5%. ASTI -6.3%. ENPH -5.5%. CSIQ -4.8%.
- Enterprise: WDAY -5.4%. GIMO -6.7%. VMEM -7.7%. IMPV -4.8%. MKTO -4.9%. SPRT -5.1%. CSOD -5.5%.
- Others: HIMX -4.6%. SIGM -5.6%. WATT -9.7%. CYNI -5.3%. ADNC -5.7%. PXLW -5%. SWIR -5.8%. MITK -6%. OCLR -6%.
Fri, Sep. 12, 9:12 AM
Fri, Sep. 12, 8:33 AM| Comment!
Fri, Sep. 5, 5:30 PM
- Investment firm Ironridge Global currently owns 1.06M Ascent (NASDAQ:ASTI) shares, thanks to preferred stock deals made in 2013 and 2014. The firm is offering to sell up to 1M of its shares. (prospectus)
- Ascent has 11.7M shares outstanding. The company recently announced a deal to sell $8M worth of shares to two existing shareholders.
Thu, Sep. 4, 1:51 PM
- Making good on an August Bloomberg report, China's National Energy Administration (NEA) has called on local governments to identify and support distributed solar projects in their realms.
- As previously reported, extra subsidies will be encouraged for rural and government projects, public infrastructure installations will be promoted, and financial firms have been told to offer discounted loans.
- The NEA is trying to hit an 8GW 2014 distributed solar installation target in spite of a slow start to the year. Its target for utility-scale projects stands at 6GW.
- Several Chinese solar stocks are rallying, as are a few non-Chinese names. YGE +5.1%. CSIQ +3.6%. JASO +3.8%. TSL +2.3%. SOL +2.1%. HSOL +5.2%. DQ +4.7%. ENPH +6.6%. ASTI +6.1%. RGSE +2.8%. SolarCity (SCTY +5.1%) is up after announcing plans to open 20 new operations centers.
- Solar ETFs: KWT, TAN
Wed, Sep. 3, 12:46 PM
Tue, Sep. 2, 12:45 PM
Tue, Sep. 2, 9:40 AM
- Ascent Solar (NASDAQ:ASTI) is selling $8M worth of shares to existing shareholders TFG Radiant (previous) and Seng Wei Seow.
- The first tranche (already closed) involved issuing 845.3K shares apiece to TFG and Seow at a price of $2.366. The second tranche involves issuing 1.425M shares to TFG at $2.80. Ascent expects to hold a special investor meeting to vote on the second tranche.
- TFG's stake in Ascent is up to 18.3% following the closing of the first tranche, and will reach 26.2% after the closing of the second.
- Was the news leaked? Ascent skyrocketed on Friday ahead of the announcement. Shares have more than doubled over the last two trading days, leaving them well above the tranche prices.
Tue, Sep. 2, 9:11 AM
Fri, Aug. 29, 2:07 PM
- Beaten-down Ascent Solar (ASTI +53.8%) has skyrocketed on volume that's over 10x its daily average of 119K.
- No news has hit the wires to explain the move. The solar-powered accessory maker is just two days removed from carrying out a 1:10 reverse split to meet the Nasdaq's $1.00 minimum bid requirement.
Fri, Aug. 29, 12:45 PM
Thu, Aug. 28, 12:46 PM
Mon, Aug. 25, 4:54 PM
ASTI vs. ETF Alternatives
Ascent Solar Technologies, Inc., is a development stage company to commercialize flexible photovoltaic modules using proprietary technology. Its proprietary manufacturing process deposits multiple layers of materials.
Other News & PR