Fri, Feb. 6, 6:28 AM
Oct. 30, 2014, 6:23 AM
Jul. 30, 2014, 6:23 AM
Jul. 24, 2014, 9:45 AM
- Akamai (AKAM +1.9%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Macquarie. Q2 results are due on July 30.
- Unisys (UIS +7.9%) has been upgraded to Positive by Susquehanna. Shares crashed yesterday following a Q2 miss.
- Chip assembly/test firms ASX (ASX -4.6%) and Siliconware Precision (SPIL -1.7%) have respectively been cut to Neutral and Underweight by JPMorgan.
- As part of a coverage launch for Chinese Internet stocks, Citi has started Dangdang (DANG +6.3%), Weibo (WB +1.4%), Jumei (JMEI +2.5%), and Cheetah Mobile (CMCM +2.1%) at Buy.
Apr. 21, 2014, 1:13 PM
- Taiwan's Economic Daily News reports foundry giant TSMC (TSM -1.3%) aims to grow its chip packaging revenue to $1B in 2015, and $2B in 2016. The paper notes that if TSMC achieves its goal, it would become Taiwan's #3 packaging firm, behind only ASE (ASX -0.7%) and Siliconware Precision (SPIL +0.3%).
- TSMC, which on Thursday posted a Q1 beat and strong Q2 guidance, plans to rapidly grow its packaging sales in part by expanding its service lineup to include cheaper offerings.
- For reference, TSMC's 2014 revenue consensus is currently at $23.2B.
Jan. 7, 2014, 10:42 AM| Comment!
Dec. 9, 2013, 12:40 PM| Comment!
Oct. 29, 2013, 9:25 AM
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASX) is likely to acquire Panasonic's (PCRFY) IC packaging/testing sites overseas, DigiTimes writes citing a local report. The Nikkei reported last week that Panasonic intended to sell of chipmaking plants and halve its workforce.
- Although the report identified ASX as the most likely buyer, a different Nikkei article reported that Panasonic had been in talks with Israeli TowerJazz.
Oct. 25, 2013, 9:44 AM
- Constant Contact (CTCT +24.9%) has been upgraded to Buy by Needham after issuing mixed Q3 results and strong 2014 revenue guidance (13% growth vs. 11.9% consensus).
- Sony (SNE +0.6%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Credit Suisse. FQ2 results arrive on Oct. 31.
- Monolithic Power (MPWR +15.8%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Oppenheimer after beating Q3 estimates and issuing in-line Q4 guidance.
- ASX (ASX +2%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Bernstein.
- NCR (NCR -5.7%) has been cut to Neutral by Compass Point after posting mixed Q3 results and reiterating its full-year guidance.
- Rogers (RCI -0.9%) has been cut to Hold by Canaccord a day after posting Q3 results. Macquarie downgraded shares yesterday.
- STMicroelectronics (STM -0.6%) has been cut to Neutral by Goldman three days after missing Q3 estimates and providing weaker-than-expected Q4 guidance.
- WageWorks (WAGE +3.1%) has been started at Buy by SunTrust.
Apr. 26, 2013, 5:59 AM
Apr. 9, 2013, 6:41 AM
Jan. 9, 2013, 5:44 AM
Feb. 27, 2012, 11:21 AMThe entire Taiwanese banking sector is cut to sell at CLSA as the country faces the bursting of housing and tech bubbles. A decade of easy credit has led to oversupply in Dram, panels, LED, solar, and property, writes Dexter Hsu, but now credit is tightening, which "should accelerate the seasoning process." EWT +12.8% YTD. | Comment!
Dec. 28, 2011, 7:57 AMA day after reporting Apple (AAPL) will release a TV set in Q2 or Q3, a different set of sources tell Digitimes Apple will "finalize hardware standards" for its sets by the end of Q2, and may enlist chip foundry TSM and chip testing/packaging firms ASX and SPIL in its efforts. However, in a sign of how Digitimes' sources can have conflicting information, the ones behind today's report suggest the TV sets will be released near the end of 2012. | 5 Comments
Nov. 22, 2011, 1:18 PMThe bad times seen by Taiwanese chip foundries TSMC (TSM) and UMC (I, II) may extend into 2012: DigiTimes' sources claim the companies could see double-digit Q/Q revenue drops in Q1, worse than typical seasonality. In-line with a Gartner forecast, the sources don't expect orders to pick up until Q2. Foundries TSEM and SMI, and chip packaging firms ASX, SPIL, and AMKR, could also be at risk. | Comment!
Aug. 11, 2011, 9:25 AMPremarket gainers: AONE +20%. CSCO +12%. EAT +11%. NWS +8%. AKS +5%. CLWR +5%. MPEL +5%. KSS +5%. NVDA +5%. BX +4%. BAC +4%. ALU +4%. ETFC +4%. DRYS +4%. PBR +4%. CAJ +4%. ARMH +4%. SID +4%. ASX +4%. RF +4%. VALE +3%. MGM +4%. LYG +3%. MOS +3%. CREE +3%. ASML +3%. BRFS +3%. GS +3%. SINA +3%. BHP +3%. ITUB +3%. POT +3%. ERIC +3%.
Losers: SODA -10%. SLE -8%. AMSC -7%. ALLY -5%. NVS -4%. LOGI -4%. CRH -3%. | Comment!
ASX vs. ETF Alternatives
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering Inc provides semiconductor packaging and testing services. Its services include semiconductor packaging, production of interconnect materials, engineering testing & wafer probing.
Other News & PR