- AthenaHealth's business is completely misunderstood by analysts, and this is evident based on recent interviews conducted with the CEO and the struggle with setting projected earnings estimates.
- David Einhorn has made some very bad short selling calls in the past, and ATHN will likely be another one to add to his list.
- Short interest in AthenaHealth's stock has grown to 35% of the total outstanding shares to 8.345 million shares shorted.
- The stock has recovered from the initial sell-off that ensued from the Einhorn short announcement, and is poised to trade much higher.
- Gross margins continue to range in the 55% range and above, which is a very healthy sign of continued fast growth.