Jul. 17, 2014, 4:04 PM
May. 6, 2014, 12:45 PM
May. 6, 2014, 9:11 AM
May. 5, 2014, 5:40 PM
May. 5, 2014, 5:17 PM
- Athenahealth (ATHN) is a well-meaning stock caught up in a bubble, says David Einhorn, pitching it as a top short at Ira Sohn. The stock could "easily fall 80% or more" from its recent high.
- Earnings estimates, notes Einhorn, are plunging - a sign of bubble stocks.
- Shares -7.3% AH
- Earlier Sohn conference coverage
- Live blog
Mar. 28, 2014, 5:37 PM
Feb. 18, 2014, 10:53 AM
Feb. 7, 2014, 12:46 PM
Feb. 7, 2014, 8:37 AM
- Athenahealth (ATHN) +17.1% premarket, approaching an all-time high near $162, after reporting Q4 earnings that more that doubled from the same period last year, reflecting improved margins and a 48% rise in revenue.
- Results were well ahead of analyst expectations on all key financial metrics; the revenue beat was primarily driven by better performance within the Epocrates business, while a lower tax rate and higher gross margins explain the EPS upside.
- Q4 adjusted operating margin expanded 300 bps to 19.9% from last year, as adjusted gross margin improved 280 bps to 66.2% from a year ago.
- Reaffirms FY 2014 guidance, seeing EPS of $0.98-$1.15 vs. $1.04 analyst consensus estimate and revenue of $725M-$750M vs. $744M consensus.
Feb. 6, 2014, 5:44 PM
Dec. 13, 2013, 11:24 AM
- Raymond James and Leerink Swann have respectively upgraded athenahealth (ATHN +4.3%) to Strong Buy and Outperform following the company's investor day. Shares have fully recouped the losses they saw yesterday in response to the company's disappointing 2014 guidance.
- Morgan Stanley's Ricky Goldwasser is also out with an upbeat note on ATHN. He's a fan of the company's efforts to "embed itself in the workflow of hospitals by performing pre-certification and pre-registration work for patient referral orders," and to build coordinator referral capabilities into its Epocrates app.
Dec. 12, 2013, 9:11 AM
Dec. 11, 2013, 5:38 PM
Dec. 11, 2013, 4:58 PM
- athenahealth (ATHN) reaffirms its FY13 outlook and provides guidance for FY14.
- FY13: Adjusted EPS of $1.05-1.15 on revenue of $580-615M.
- FY14: Adjusted EPS of $0.98-1.10 on revenue of $725-755M.
- Consensus for 2014 is $1.38/share on sales of $765.28M.
- CFO Tim Adams is "very excited about growth opportunities and [is] pleased to present an ambitious financial plan for fiscal year 2014." (PR)
- Investors don't seem so excited: ATHN -12% AH.
Oct. 18, 2013, 4:15 PM
- athenahealth (ATHN) enjoyed a banner session, rising nearly 24% after posting Q3 results Thursday evening.
- "Based on what we believe will be acceleration in ATHN's core revenue growth as well as moderation in selling and marketing expense growth, we see EBITDA growth accelerating in FY14/15," Sterne Agee's Greg Bolan says, upgrading the shares to Buy and hiking his price target to $132 from $116.
- Elsewhere, Wells Fargo maintained an Outperform rating and raised the stock's price target to $150-160 (from $135-140) as analyst Jamie Stockton says that despite the "messy" quarter, Wells "continues to see ATHN as a major share gainer in physician practice software, driven by its web-based architecture, heavy level of automated service, and percent of collections business model that completely aligns it with clients."
Oct. 18, 2013, 12:48 PM
ATHN vs. ETF Alternatives
AthenaHealth Inc is a provider of cloud-based services and mobile applications for medical groups and health systems. Its services include athenaCollector, athenaClinicals, athenaCommunicator, and athenaCoordinator.
Other News & PR