Tue, Apr. 7, 11:15 AM
- A number of air transport stocks are on the rise after FedEx ponies up $4.8B for TNT Express.
- There's some confidence from analysts that more sector consolidation could be on tap.
- Gainers include Air Transport Services (NASDAQ:ATSG) +3.8%, Air T (NASDAQ:AIRT) +3.7%, Deutsche Post (OTCPK:DPSGY, OTCPK:DPSTF) +1.4% , Atlas Air Worldwide (NASDAQ:AAWW) +1.5%, and PostNL (OTCPK:PNLYY, OTC:TNTFF) +11.7%.
- Even UPS (NYSE:UPS) is out ahead of the broad market with a +0.6% gain.
- Previously: FedEx to buy TNT Express for €4.4B
- Previously: Investors and analysts applaud FedEx-TNT deal
Aug. 6, 2014, 12:45 PM
May 7, 2014, 12:48 PM
Feb. 28, 2013, 12:53 PM
Aug. 4, 2011, 3:14 PMAir Transport Services (ATSG +19%) jumps after beating Q2 expectations, as an increase in aircraft deployment contributed to improved cash flow and profitability for the quarter. However, much of today's strength is likely due to short covering. The stock is off 46% this year, and was heavily shorted going into yesterday's earnings report. | Aug. 4, 2011, 3:14 PM | Comment!
Jul. 22, 2011, 11:41 AM
ATSG vs. ETF Alternatives
Air Transport Services Group Inc, through its subsidiaries,provides airline operations, aircraft leases, aircraft maintenance and other support services mainlyto the air cargo transportation and package delivery industries.
Other News & PR