5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
PR Newswire (Thu, 10:18AM)
PR Newswire (Apr 9, 2014)
PR Newswire (Apr 3, 2014)
PR Newswire (Apr 1, 2014)
PR Newswire (Mar 27, 2014)
PR Newswire (Mar 17, 2014)
PR Newswire (Mar 6, 2014)
AuRico Gold Announces Tender Offer for Any and All of its Outstanding 3.50% Convertible Notes Due 2016PR Newswire (Mar 6, 2014)
PR Newswire (Mar 3, 2014)
PR Newswire (Feb 10, 2014)
PR Newswire (Feb 6, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Jul 17, 2012)
at MarketWatch.com (Jul 17, 2012)
at CNBC.com (Apr 12, 2012)
AUQ vs. ETF Alternatives
Tuesday, Mar 44:41 AM
Monday, Mar 39:55 AM
Monday, Mar 39:55 AM| 10 Comments
- Gold futures are surging in the wake of the crisis in Ukraine, and that's giving precious metals miners a big boost in early trading.
- AU +5.2%, GOLD +5%, GFI +4.6%, MUX +4.1%, BVN +3.9%, MVG +3.6%, SSRI +3.3%, IAG +3.2%, BTG +3.1%, HMY +3.1%, EXK +3.1%, ABX +2.8%, AUY +2.8%, SA +2.8%, SLW +2.7%, GG +2.7%, NEM +2.6%, HL +2.6%, KGC +2.3%, AGI +2.2%, AG +1.9%, NG +1.9%, PPP +1.8%, AUQ +1.6%, PAAS +1.2%, NGD +1%.
- ETFs: GDX, GDXJ, NUGT, DUST, SIL, GLDX, JNUG, SLVP, RING, SILJ, GGGG, JDST, PSAU
Monday, Mar 312:10 AM
Sunday, Mar 25:35 PM
Friday, Feb 2110:19 AM
Friday, Feb 2110:19 AM| 8 Comments
- Gold miners already have recouped YTD more than a third of what they lost last year, and basic materials investor Malcolm Gissen thinks the rally may have a lot more room to run.
- The co-manager of the Encompass Fund says it’s a great time to invest in gold miners; there’s a jump in merger activities in the sector as well as hostile takeover attempts, which be a sign that higher gold prices are ahead.
- Adam Koos of Libertas Wealth Management prefers to wait to see a base creation and then breakout above bearish resistance lines and moving averages; when that happens, he likes AuRico Gold (AUQ) and Franco-Nevada (FNV).
- Gissen suggests investors dip a toe in the water by buying some of the growing intermediate producers such as Primero Mining (PPP); among the larger producers, Goldcorp (GG) looks most attractive because of the projects it has and the cash flow it will generate this year.
- ETFs: GDX, GDXJ, NUGT, DUST, GLDX, JNUG, RING, GGGG, JDST, PSAU
Friday, Feb 73:26 PM
Friday, Feb 73:26 PM| Comment!
- In its 2014 operational update, AuRico Gold (AUQ +4.5%) says it forecasts total production of 210K-240K gold oz., a Y/Y increase of as much as 25%, primarily driven by strong growth from the Young-Davidson mine as the operation enters its first full year of a three-year underground ramp-up.
- Planned 2014 capital spending of $125M-$135M represents a decline of as much as 40% Y/Y, reflecting the completion of construction activities at Young-Davidson; capex requirements and all-in sustaining costs/oz. are expected to continue to decline in the coming years.
- BMO raises its price target on AUQ shares to C$5.50 from C$4.75.
Wednesday, Jan 1511:49 AM
Wednesday, Jan 1511:49 AM| Comment!
- AuRico Gold (AUQ +0.7%) reports its sixth consecutive quarter of production growth, and says the Young-Davidson and El Chanate operations continue to post in-line results.
- Young-Davidson averaged 2,590 tons/day from the underground mine in Q4, exceeding the year-end targeted level of 2K tons/day; underground productivity for Q1 2014 is seen remaining in-line with Q4 levels and increasing steadily to reach a target of 4K tons/day by year-end.
- AUQ says overall FY 2013 gold production totaled 192.6K oz., at the low end of its 190K-220K guidance.
Friday, Jan 311:19 AM
Thursday, Nov 72013, 5:12 PM
Thursday, Nov 72013, 12:10 AM
Thursday, Nov 72013, 12:10 AM| Comment!
- ADES, ADUS, AIRM, AL, ALJ, ANAC, ARAY, AREX, ARNA, ATLS, ATW, AUQ, AVG, BCEI, BEBE, BIO, BNNY, BPZ, CFN, CLNE, CUBE, DAR, DIS, DMD, EAC,EBS, ECPG, ELON, ENOC, EZPW, FEYE, FF, FUEL, FXEN, GERN, GRPN, GXP, HTGC, IL, KRO, KTOS, LCI, LFVN, MCP, MDRX, MITK, MNST, MNTX, MSCC, NES,NFG, NKTR, NOG, NVDA, OCLR, OLED, PCLN, PEGA, PODD, RNDY, SF, SGMS, SLXP, SNTS, SQNM, SWIR, TSRO, TUMI, UBNT, UNXL, VVC, WIFI, WR, WTR, XNPT, XTEX, YRCW
Wednesday, Nov 62013, 5:35 PM
Wednesday, Nov 62013, 5:35 PM| 2 Comments
- ADES, ADUS, AIRM, AL, ALJ, ANAC, ARAY, AREX, ARNA, ATLS, ATW, AUQ, AVG, BCEI, BEBE, BIO, BNNY, BPZ, CFN, CLNE, CUBE, DAR, DIS, DMD, EAC,EBS, ECPG, ELON, ENOC, EZPW, FEYE, FF, FUEL, FXEN, GERN, GRPN, GXP, HTGC, IL, KRO, KTOS, LCI, LFVN, MCP, MDRX, MITK, MNST, MNTX, MSCC, NES,NFG, NKTR, NOG, NVDA, OCLR, OLED, PCLN, PEGA, PODD, RNDY, SF, SGMS, SLXP, SNTS, SQNM, SWIR, TSRO, TUMI, UBNT, UNXL, VVC, WIFI, WR, WTR, XNPT,XTEX, YRCW
Tuesday, Oct 152013, 9:47 AM
Tuesday, Oct 152013, 9:47 AM| Comment!
- AuRico Gold (AUQ +1.8%) releases preliminary Q3 production results, which puts gold output for the quarter at 48,902 oz. and cash costs at $626/oz.
- AUQ says it remains on target to meet its production and cash costs guidance for the year of 190K-220K oz. at cash costs of $565-$645/oz.
- Commissioning of the shaft hoisting system at the Young-Davidson underground mine is on schedule toward a Oct. 31 declaration of commercial production.
Friday, Oct 112013, 2:59 PM
Friday, Oct 112013, 2:59 PM| 20 Comments
- Miners trade notably lower, with the Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX -2.2%) down sharply, as gold futures slid $28.70/oz. to $1268.20 after dropping nearly $25 in about a minute earlier this morning.
- ABX -3.5%, FNV -3.6%, GG -3.1%, GFI -3.1%, EGO -3.5%, NGD -3.5%, AUQ -3.3%, AUY -2.8%, RGLD -2.9%, NEM -2.1%.
- ETFs: GDXJ, GLDX, PSAU, NUGT, DUST, GGGG, RING.
Monday, Oct 72013, 11:57 AM
Monday, Oct 72013, 11:57 AM| Comment!
- AuRico Gold (AUQ +3.2%) and Osisko Mining (OSKFF.PK +6.2%) are upgraded to Outperform from Neutral by Credit Suisse.
- The firm notes that AUQ has changed management, transformed its asset base divesting higher cost mines to lower costs mines, revised expectations, and has delivered against targets; market hesitation remains, providing an attractive entry point.
- Osisko's Malartic project is progressing to full production, costs are improving to levels in line with the sector average, liquidity is no longer an immediate concern, and its valuation remains attractive.
- Despite the upgrade, the firm cuts its price target for AUQ to $5 from $5.50; it raises its target for Osisko to $7 from $6.
Tuesday, Oct 12013, 12:58 PM
Tuesday, Oct 12013, 12:58 PM| 79 Comments
- Fitch is calling a gold rebound unlikely and saying that it no longer believes in a $1,200 gold price floor, and as a result expects gold producers to reassess their dividend policies.
- Fitch thinks gold at $1,000/oz. would put the ratings of some gold miners under significant pressure if no serious cost cutting and cash conservation measures are taken.
- Recall that Barrick Gold (ABX -3.2%) cut its last dividend to $0.05 from $0.20, Kinross Gold (KGC -2.5%) suspended its dividend over the summer, and Gold Fields (GFI -3.2%) said in August it would not declare an interim dividend.
- Also: NEM -3.7%, SLW -3.4%, GG -3%, AU -3% AUY -2.9%, CDE -2.4%, IAG -2.3%, AUQ -2.1%, HMY -1.7%, NGD -1.5%.
- ETFs: GDX, GDXJ, GLDX, PSAU, NUGT, DUST, GGGG, RING, GLD, IAU, SGOL, PHYS, AGOL, DGL, UBG, DGP, UGL, DZZ, GLL, DGZ, UGLD, DGLD, GLDI.
Tuesday, Sep 242013, 3:04 PM
Tuesday, Sep 242013, 3:04 PM| 17 Comments
- Not surprisingly, a focus on cost controls and cash flow are familiar pledges from the gold miners at this year's Denver Gold Forum (webcasts here).
- Speaking a couple of hours ago, Agnico-Eagle Mines (AEM -0.4%) laid out plans to cut costs by $50M this year and $200M in 2014, while limiting exploration costs to just $50M. AuRico Gold (AUQ -0.1%) and IAMGOLD (IAG +0.5%) offered similar outlines yesterday, as did Barrick Gold earlier today.
- The question now, writes Ben Levisohn in Barron's, is whether they can deliver.
- Gold miner ETFs: GDX, GDXJ, GLDX, PSAU, NUGT, DUST, GGGG, RING.