Fri, May. 1, 7:55 AM
- B. Riley keeps a Neutral rating on Avon Products after sizing up the company's Q1 report and outlook for 2015.
- The F/X overhang on Avon prompts the investment firm to cut its price target on Avon Products (NYSE:AVP) by almost a third to $6.50 from $9.50.
- Previously: Avon Products misses by $0.03, misses on revenue (Apr. 30 2015)
- Previously: Avon Products stung by F/X conversions (Apr. 30 2015)
Thu, Apr. 30, 7:56 AM
Thu, Apr. 30, 7:23 AM
- Avon Products (NYSE:AVP) reports sales rose 1% in Q1 before currency swings whacked off 19% from growth.
- Total units fell 2% during the period.
- Price/mix added three percentage points to growth.
- Beauty sales -17% (+3% ex-currency).
- Fashion & Home sales -19% (-3% ex-currency).
- Gross margin +440 bps to 60.6% as lower supply chain costs contributed.
- Operating margin +20 bps to -2.1% with higher advertising costs in Brazil a drag.
- Guidance: Avon expects a negative seventeen point impact from F/X in 2015. Adjusted operating income seen falling 50 bps Y/Y.
Thu, Apr. 30, 7:07 AM
Wed, Apr. 29, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, AB, ABC, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, AMT, ANR, APD, ARG, ARW, AVP, AWI, BCE, BDC, BG, BKCC, BLL, BWA, BZH, CAH, CCE, CDK, CELG, CI, CL, CME, COMM, COP, CRR, CRS, CSH, CTCM, CVI, CVRR, CWEI, CY, DBD, DIN, DLPH, EME, EPD, ERJ, EXLS, FCN, FIS, FMS, FSS, GEO, GG, GLOP, GNC, GNRC, GOV, GTI, GTLS, HAR, HEES, HST, HUN, I, IDA, IMAX, INCY, INGR, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVZ, LBY, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, MD, MGLN, MINI, MLM, MMC, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTRN, MVIS, NBIX, NI, NOK, NTCT, NVO, NYT, OAK, ODFL, OMG, PBI, PCRX, PES, PF, POT, PSX, PSXP, PWE, PWR, RDS.A, RDWR, RGLD, RGS, ROK, RYL, SCG, SEE, SHPG, SMP, SNAK, SNE, SNMX, STM, STRZA, TASR, TDY, TEVA, TFX, THRM, TKR, TWC, TWI, UAN, UFS, UPL, VA, VAC, VGR, VIAB, VLY, VNTV, WRLD, WST, WWE, XEL, XOM, XYL, ZMH
Tue, Apr. 14, 1:05 PM
- Avon Products (NYSE:AVP) is considering a sale of its North American operations, according to a WSJ report.
- The review of strategic options is one of the reasons the company cut out an appearance at an analyst meeting in May (Avon said it was to get the new CFO up to speed).
- Shares of AVP have spiked 14.6% off the news on heavy volume.
- Previously: Avon Products delays investor day event
Tue, Apr. 14, 6:45 AM| Comment!
Tue, Apr. 7, 10:38 AM
- Avon Products (AVP -2.4%) trades lower after shares hit the $8.50 mark for the first time in four weeks yesterday.
- There's also a downgrade from Vetr Inc. to Hold from Buy on the books, although the skittish investment firm has swapped ratings three times in the last month.
- The bigger story on Avon is the +20% decline in revenue since 2011 on lower volume and F/X pressure.
Mon, Mar. 23, 10:36 AM
- Personal care stocks are in favor in early action.
- The sector has been one of the hardest hit this year from the impact of the strong U.S. dollar.
- Beauty product companies on the move today include Nu Skin (NUS +5.1%), Coty (COTY +3.3%), Avon Products (AVP +2.8%), Revlon (REV +1.4%), Estee Lauder (EL +0.3%), and Elizabeth Arden (RDEN +2.6%).
Fri, Mar. 20, 12:54 PM
- The beauty industry saw a 4% drop in shoppers last year, according to data from NPD Group.
- The research firm found that half of all beauty product shoppers focus on items on sale when making their purchasing decisions.
- Makeup and fragrance products are the categories most likely to benefit from extra discretionary income, notes NDP.
- Related stocks: RDEN, REV, IPAR, AVP, EL, SBH, ULTA, OTCPK:LRLCY.
Fri, Mar. 13, 6:05 PM
- Data center owner Equinix (NASDAQ:EQIX), real estate trust SL Green (NYSE:SLG), and apparel maker Hanesbrands (NYSE:HBI) will be joining the S&P 500 after the March 20 close. Medical distributor Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC) will be joining after the March 17 close.
- Leaving the index are oil/gas producer Denbury Resources (NYSE:DNR), energy services provider Nabors (NYSE:NBR), beauty product maker Avon (NYSE:AVP), and medical device maker CareFusion (about to be acquired). Denbury, Nabors, and Avon will be joining the S&P MidCap 400, taking Equinix, SL Green, and Hanesbrands' spots.
- Also: Buffalo Wild Wings (NASDAQ:BWLD) is taking Henry Schein's place in the S&P 400 on March 17, and Talmer Bancorp (NASDAQ:TLMR) Buffalo Wild Wings' spot in the S&P SmallCap 600.
- EQIX +2.1% AH. SLG +2%. HBI +3.7%. TLMR +3.6%. NBR -1.8%.
Fri, Feb. 13, 12:03 PM
- Select luxury stocks are out-performing market averages.
- A couple of analyst upgrades this week and some volume gains for global sellers against F/X headwinds have helped to lift sentiment.
- Gainers: Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS) +2.2%, Coach (NYSE:COH) +1.1%, Estee Lauder (NYSE:EL) +1.5%, Tumi Holdings (NYSE:TUMI) +1.8%, Avond Products (NYSE:AVP) +3.7%, Revlon (NYSE:REV) +1.1%,
Thu, Feb. 12, 8:41 AM
- Avon Products (NYSE:AVP) reports total units sold fell 3% in Q4.
- Price/mix was up 8% during the period.
- Average order increased 9%.
- Geographic revenue breakdown: Latin America -15% to $1.052B, Europe/Middle East/Africa -11% to $772.9M, North America -12% to $326.9M, Asia-Pacific -2% to $189.4M.
- Category sales: Total Beauty -14% to $1.631B; Total Fashion & Home -13% to $644.7M; Other +56% to $65.6M.
- Adjusted gross margin rate -40 bps to 60.8% due to currency fluctuations.
- Adjusted operating margin rate +110 bps to 9.3%.
- Total global expenses -67% Y/Y to $123.3M.
- AVP -4.20% premarket.
Thu, Feb. 12, 7:46 AM
Thu, Feb. 12, 7:06 AM
Wed, Feb. 11, 5:30 PM
- AAP, AAWW, AB, ACOR, ANR, APA, AVP, BG, BWA, CAB, CCE, COR, CPLA, CS, CVE, DBD, DPS, FAF, FLO, GNC, HE, HERO, HIMX, HSP, IFF, INCY, JAH, K, LMNS, LNCE, LPNT, MANU, MDWD, MFA, MFC, MHFI, MINI, MPEL, MPW, NCI, NLSN, NNN, NRP, NWE, PDS, PNK, Q, RDN, RTIX, RWLK, RYN, SCOR, SHPG, SKYW, SNI, SON, SPW, STC, THS, TIME, TU, VG, VNTV, WD, WSO, WWAV, WWE
AVP vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR