Yesterday, 5:59 PM| Comment!
Tue, May. 5, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, ALB, ALDW, AMTG, ANAC, AREX, ATML, ATO, ATVI, AUQ, AWK, BEAT, BGC, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, BWC, CCRN, CECO, CF, CHEF, CHGG, CJES, CKP, CLR, CLVS, CODI, CPA, CPE, CSLT, CSOD, CUZ, CXW, CZR, DMD, DPM, ECR, EFC, EGN, ENSG, EPAM, EPM, EQC, ESS, ETE, ETP, EXTR, EXXI, FLTX, FNGN, FNV, FOXA, FRSH, GBDC, GMCR, GUID, HIVE, HR, HUBS, IL, IO, IVR, JKHY, JONE, KIM, KND, KW, LCI, LGCY, LHCG, MASI, MCHX, MELI, MET, MITT, MRIN, MRO, MTDR, NEWP, NLY, NP, NSIT, NSTG, NUS, OAS, ORA, OSUR, PAYC, PDLI, PEGA, PFMT, PGTI, PHH, PMT, PNNT, PRAA, PRI, PRU, PSEC, PTLA, QLTY, QTM, REG, RIG, RIGP, RST, RYN, SBY, SD, SGM, SLH, SN, SQNM, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TCAP, THRX, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TTPH, TUMI, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, VVC, WBMD, WFM, WGL, WTI, XNPT
Tue, Apr. 28, 10:33 AM
Fri, Mar. 20, 3:58 PM
- A rising rate environment is a positive for American Water Works (AWK +1.2%) and other water utility stocks, Boenning & Scattergood analyst Ryan Connors argues, adding that the group delivered some of its best relative performance during past Fed tightening cycles.
- Utility commissions use benchmark interest rates as a key factor in their return on equity formulas, resulting in a positive correlation between ROEs and interest rates that has driven downward pressure on returns in recent years, Connors says.
- Also, water is a basic necessity and utilities are more averse to raising prices when the middle class is struggling; the analyst says that with job growth accelerating, public utility commissions are likely to become more accommodating.
- Connors expects AWK to hit the high end of its targeted 7%-10% EPS growth rate in a rising rate environment; he rates the shares Outperform with a $58 price target.
Tue, Feb. 24, 4:34 PM| Comment!
Mon, Feb. 23, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, AMRS, ARC, AWAY, AWK, BBRG, BGFV, BNFT, BOOM, CBI, CENX, CLGX, CLR, CPRT, DPM, DWA, DY, DYN, EIX, EPR, EXEL, FLTX, FMI, FSLR, GB, GNMK, HEI, HEP, HLS, HPQ, HURN, HWAY, INFI, JAZZ, KONA, KRA, LC, MATX, MMSI, NDSN, NFX, NKTR, NLY, NSTG, NUVA, NYMT, ORA, PZZA, QEP, RJET, RLYP, RRC, RUBI, SAM, SGY, SLCA, SM, TNDM, TRNX, TXTR, VRSK, VVUS, WBMD, XCO, Y, ZAGG
Fri, Jan. 16, 2:44 PM
- South Jersey Industries (NYSE:SJI) boasts the most upside of any gas and electric utility stock, Brean Capital analysts say, believing many aspects of SJI’s operations - including its roles in the PennEast pipeline project, CNG refueling stations, liquefaction operations and its solar investment are not fully priced into the stock.
- Among water utilities, Brean sees improving fundamentals at American Water Works (NYSE:AWK) while noting that the stock is undervalued compared to its closest peer, Aqua America.
- In flow technology, Brean believes Xylem (NYSE:XYL) will continue to use its free cash flow to make strategic water technology acquisitions that will contribute to strong future growth.
- In clean energy, the firm thinks First Solar (NASDAQ:FSLR) is well positioned for long-term growth but its stock is extremely undervalued at current levels.
Dec. 12, 2014, 1:44 PM
Nov. 7, 2014, 10:44 AM
- American Water Works (AWK +0.3%) is downgraded to Accumulate from Buy at Global Hunter due to valuation, which is above the water utility group average of 9.5x, but the firm raises its stock price target to $56 from $52, calling AWK an "efficiency improvement story."
- Hunter says it is lowering its Q4 revenue forecast by $3M to account for reduced capex, while raising its Q4 EPS outlook by $0.03 to $0.49 due to better O&M expense management.
- The firm lowers its FY 2015 sales estimate to $3.22B from $3.26B, and 2015 EPS outlook to $2.60 from $2.61, reflecting weather related uncertainties.
Nov. 5, 2014, 5:03 PM| Comment!
Nov. 4, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABTL, ACAS, ACLS, ALNY, ALSK, ANDE, AR, AREX, ASH, ATO, ATSG, AVG, AWK, BALT, BCOR, BIOS, BKD, BREW, BWC, CBS, CDE, CF, CLR, CODI, CPE, CSOD, CTL, CVG, CXO, DATA, DEPO, DK, DPM, DRYS, DVR, DYN, ECOL, ECYT, EFC, ENS, ENSG, ETE, ETP, EXAR, EXXI, FMI, FNV, G, GNW, GPOR, GSM, HOLX, HTCH, IL, INWK, IO, JCOM, KGC, KW, LBTYA, LHCG, LPSN, MBI, MCHX, MCP, MDR, MDWD, MED, MHLD, MIDD, MRIN, MTDR, MTRX, MUSA, MWE, NDLS, NLY, NVAX, NWSA, OILT, ORA, ORIG, OSUR, PAA, PLNR, PMT, PODD, POWR, PPO, PRGN, PRU, PTC, QCOM, QEP, QUAD, RGP, RNDY, RUTH, SB, SBY, SCTY, SD, SKUL, SLF, SSNI, SSRI, STMP, SUSP, SWIR, SWM, SXL, SYMC, SZYM, TCAP, TEAR, TEG, TERP, THOR, TNGO, TPC, TRAK, TROX, TRUE, TS, TSLA, TSRO, TTEC, TXTR, UHAL, VVUS, WBMD, WFM, WMC, WMGI, WR, WTI, WWWW, XPO, Z
Sep. 19, 2014, 11:48 AM| Comment!
Aug. 6, 2014, 4:18 PM| Comment!
Aug. 5, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, AGU, ALDW, ANAD, ANDE, AR, ATML, ATO, AWK, BIOS, BIRT, BKD, BREW, BWC, CDE, CDXS, CF, CLDX, CNVR, CODI, COUP, CPA, CPE, CRL, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CXO, CXW, DCTH, DEPO, DK, DNB, DXCM, DYN, ECOL, EFC, ELON, ENS, ENV, ERII, ESS, ETE, ETP, EVC, EXAR, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FTK, GEOS, GMCR, GPOR, GTY, HI, HIL, IL, INN, INWK, IO, ITMN, IXYS, JACK, KEG, KND, KW, LGP, LHCG, LNT, MBI, MCP, MG, MHLD, MNTX, MRIN, MTDR, MUSA, MWE, NBIX, NLY, NPSP, NRP, NVAX, NVTL, OILT, OSUR, PAA, PACD, PKT, PMT, PPO, PRI, PRU, PRXL, PTLA, QEP, RAIL, REG, RGP, RIG, RJET, RLOC, RNDY, RXN, SAAS, SAPE, SD, SGI, SLF, SN, SSNI, SSRI, SWM, SXL, SYMC, TCAP, TEG, TEP, THOR, THRX, TNGO, TRMR, TROX, TWO, TXTR, UHAL, UIL, WGL, WR, WTI, XNPT, YY, ZU
Jul. 30, 2014, 9:34 AM
May. 7, 2014, 4:28 PM| Comment!
AWK vs. ETF Alternatives
American Water Works Co Inc provides water and wastewater services to residential, commercial and industrial customers in the United States and Canada. It operates in two segments; Regulated Businesses and Market-Based Operations.
Other News & PR