Apr. 2, 2014, 5:38 PM
Apr. 1, 2014, 3:59 PM
- An effort to sell wiring parts maker Anixter International (AXE -5.1%) has stalled as potential buyers reject the company’s price expectations, Bloomberg reports.
- French electrical-equipment distributor Rexel (RXEEY), earlier considered one of the more likely buyers, apparently decided to pass, and P-E funds Advent and CVC Capital also chose not to bid.
- AXE reportedly was seeking offers of more than $115/share, while Rexel wasn’t willing to pay more than $110.
Feb. 20, 2014, 4:36 PM
- Sam Zell-backed Anixter International (AXE) is working with Goldman Sachs to find a buyer for the company, Bloomberg reports.
- French electrical equipment distributor Rexel is said to be one of the bidders; Carlyle Group and U.K. engineering firm Melrose Industries are among firms that supposedly have looked and passed.
- Shares popped 2% in late trading and are up another 1.7% AH.
Jul. 23, 2013, 2:53 PMAnixter International (AXE -2.2%) slips after Q2 results miss estimates. Organic sales growth was negative for the quarter and operating income fell 4.6% Y/Y. Operating margin fell 30 bps Y/Y and was flat sequentially. CEO Bob Eck says H1 was "muted by the global macroeconomic climate" and while he believes conditions and trends are improving, he notes that the business environment "will be characterized by low growth." Management is "cautiously optimistic" about H2. (PR) | Comment!
Sep. 25, 2012, 3:48 PM
Jan. 31, 2012, 3:15 PMAnixter International (AXE -3%) trades lower on profit-taking, despite beating Q4 estimates on an 8% Y/Y increase in revenue. Operating margins were healthy given the weak economic environment in many parts of the world, as the company capitalized on its diverse product line to offset isolated pockets of weakness. | Comment!
Jun. 28, 2011, 11:21 AM
AXE vs. ETF Alternatives
Anixter International Incis a supplier of communications and security products, fasteners and other small components.Its segment includesEnterprise Cabling and Security Solutions, Electrical and Electronic Wire and Cable and OEM Supply.
Other News & PR