Mon, Jan. 5, 4:58 PM
- Gastar Exploration (NYSEMKT:GST) -8.4% in today's trade even as a state judge in West Virginia rejected the second of a pair of lawsuits by an Axiall (NYSE:AXLL) unit seeking to halt GST's fracking operations in the Marcellus Shale.
- GST said the judge agreed with it that the plaintiffs were legally precluded from retrying its claims in West Virginia after losing a nearly identical lawsuit in Pennsylvania in October.
- GST also said it recently completed 10 new wells in Marshall County that are now producing a combined gross rate of 28.7B cf of unprocessed natural gas and 3,300 bbl/day of condensate on a restricted basis.
- Topeka Capital cut its price target on GST to $6 from $8 even while saying the company is in good shape to land within its Q4 2014 production guidance of 66M-72M cfe/day and that the new wells should contribute to strong momentum in Q1 2015 (Briefing.com).
Nov. 18, 2014, 3:05 PM
Nov. 5, 2014, 12:04 AM
Nov. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ADEP, AMRS, ATVI, AWAY, AXLL, BIO, BIOL, BIRT, CALD, CBSO, CDXS, CERS, CHUY, CKEC, COHR, CORT, COUP, CRTO, CSU, DOX, DVN, ENPH, EXAM, EXEL, FANG, FEYE, FOXA, FRGI, GAS, GHDX, HR, ITRI, IVR, JAZZ, JIVE, JKHY, JMBA, KAR, MITT, MOSY, MPO, MYGN, NP, NRP, NSTG, NYMT, OAS, OCLR, OKE, OKS, PACD, PAYC, PBPB, PCYC, PEGA, PHH, PRI, PXD, PZZA, REGI, REXX, RLOC, RNR, RP, SBAC, SN, SPA, SQNM, TMH, TNET, TRIP, TTGT, TWO, TWOU, TX, UIL, WPX, XEC, XNPT, ZAGG, ZU
Sep. 25, 2014, 2:08 PM
- Dow Chemical (DOW -0.4%) has begun the process of selling its epoxy and chlorine businesses, and has hired Goldman Sachs and Barclays to manage the sale, Reuters reports.
- The combined epoxy and chlorine businesses have annual EBITDA of close to $500M, and initial estimates place their combined value at $3.5B-$4B.
- Logical buyers, according to the report, could include companies in the sector such as Axiall (AXLL -2.3%) and Westlake Chemical (WLK -2.2%), as well as P-E firms experienced in chemicals such as Apollo Global (APO -1.5%).
Aug. 13, 2014, 5:40 PM
Aug. 5, 2014, 5:58 PM
Aug. 5, 2014, 12:45 PM
- Cautious overall on small caps (NYSEARCA:IWM) due to valuation concerns, Goldman's David Kostin nevertheless has a list of 25 names with market caps less than $4B which could offer at least 25% upside to his firm's price target over the next year.
- The list skews towards Consumer Discretionary - Lumber Lidquidators (LL +2.1%), Office Depot (ODP -2.4%), RetailMeNot (SALE -26.1%), Ryland (RYL +0.5%), Steven Madden (SHOO +2.7%), Vitamin Shoppe (VSI -8.2%) - and Tech - Universal Display (OLED -0.2%), Qlik Technologies (QLIK -1.6%), Proofpoint (PFPT -1.5%), Polycom (PLCM +0.2%), Nimble Storage (NMBL -0.3%), Marketo (MKTO +1.1%), Infinera (INFN +1.1%), Cornerstone Ondemand (CSOD -0.9%), GT Advanced Technology (GTAT +5.7%).
- Also included are Health Care names: Agios Pharmaceuticals (AGIO -1.1%), NPS Pharma (NPSP +0.7%), NuVasive (NUVA -1.8%), Synageva (GEVA -1.6%); Consumer Staples: Darling Ingredients (DAR -0.8%); Materials: Axiall (AXLL -1%), Boise Cascade (BCC -0.9%); Industrials: Granite Construction (GVA +0.7%), Financials: MGIC Investment (MTG +1.2%), Radian (RDN +1.7%).
Aug. 4, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AMTG, APEI, ARC, ATSG, ATVI, AVNR, AWR, AXLL, BIO, BKH, BMR, CHUY, CLR, CRTO, CSU, DAVE, DIS, DPM, DRYS, ENPH, EOG, FANG, FEYE, FRGI, FSLR, FTR, FUEL, GMED, GRPN, HCI, HGR, HT, ITRI, JAZZ, JCOM, KAR, LBTYA, MCHX, MITT, MODN, MPO, MRCY, NSTG, NYMT, OAS, OKE, OKS, ORA, ORIG, PBPB, PEGA, PNNT, PRAA, PZZA, QUAD, REXX, RLD, RST, RSYS, SGMS, SGY, SKT, SMCI, TDW, TMHC, TPC, TRMB, TTWO, UNTD, WBMD, WES, WGP, WMGI, WTR, XEC, Z, ZAGG, ZGNX
Jul. 10, 2014, 11:24 AM
- After Axiall's (AXLL -3.1%) second straight negative earnings pre-announcement, Citigroup says investor patience is running thin and that an activist or an acquirer could take a look at the company.
- Citi thinks LyondellBasell (LYB) “could afford” to take a look at AXLL, but notes that LYB has stated its preference for returning cash to shareholders over acquisitions; the firm cuts its AXLL price target to $48 from $49 and keeps a Neutral rating on the stock.
- Cowen analysts say they would use any weakness in AXLL following the pre-announcement as a buying opportunity, seeing stronger PVC prices heading into Q3, due in part to competitor ethylene outages that could constrain PVC production.
Jul. 9, 2014, 5:23 PM
- Axiall (AXLL) -3.8% AH after reporting that its PHH vinyl chloride monomer manufacturing facility in Lake Charles, La., has returned to full operating rates, but the slow ramp up will result in lower than expected sales volumes and higher operating and maintenance costs during Q2.
- Also, AXLL says it saw normal seasonal increases in U.S. building products sales volumes during Q2 along with weaker Canadian sales and the impact of a weaker Canadian dollar; operating income results in the aromatics segment will come in ~$12M lower than the year-ago Q2 due to lower operating rates and lower margins.
May. 20, 2014, 3:01 PM
May. 5, 2014, 5:28 PM
May. 4, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AEIS, AIG, APC, APL, ARE, AXLL, BDE, BNFT, CATM, CFN, CKEC, CKP, CRK, DATA, ECOL, ECOM, EGOV, ELNK, ENH, EOG, EOX, FLDM, FN, G, HCLP, HGR, HI, IDTI, ININ, KAR, LF, MCEP, MED, MR, NLS, OAS, OTTR, PIKE, PRI, PSMI, QLYS, RBC, RGR, ROSE, RWT, SALE, SKH, SMG, SNHY, STAG, SZYM, THC, TXRH, UAM, VECO, VNO, VVUS, WG, YY, ZIPR.
Apr. 14, 2014, 6:38 PM
- Axiall (AXLL) -1.9% AH after saying it expects Q1 will be hit by three significant headwinds: repairs at its Lake Charles, La., chemicals facility; severe winter weather; and a Q/Q increase to normal maintenance spending.
- Damage from the December 2013 fire at the PHH vinyl chloride monomer manufacturing facility at the Lake Charles chemicals complex has been repaired and the facility has resumed operations, but the facility is not expected to reach full operating rates until May.
- AXLL expects to report Q1 EBITDA of $65M-$70M.
Apr. 14, 2014, 5:53 PM
AXLL vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR