Sep. 9, 2013, 6:29 PM
- Time Warner (TWX) subsidiary Time Inc. is in late-stage talks to acquire five magazines including "Travel + Leisure" and "Food & Wine" from American Express Publishing Group.
- Other titles in the sale include three titles distributed to American Express cardholders: "Departures," "Executive Travel" and "Black Ink."
- A price tag on the sale wasn't disclosed.
- For years, American Express (AXP) has had a partnership under which Time handles functions like subscription fulfillment and other back-office services on behalf of American Express.
- The sales talks come as TWX plans to spin off the magazine company Time Inc. as a standalone entity.
Aug. 23, 2011, 1:28 PMNetSpend (NTSP +6.9%) shares burst higher with M&A speculation making the rounds, as a Reuters story describes its depressed stock price and cutthroat competition in the prepaid debit card market making it a potential takeover target. Green Dot (GDOT +1.6%) is seen as the likeliest buyer, with potential interest also coming from Capital One (COF +2.3%). | Aug. 23, 2011, 1:28 PM | Comment!
AXP vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR