AstraZeneca Has 30% Upside As A Takeover Candidate
- Pfizer's last bid for AstraZeneca is a 27% premium over the current stock price.
- Talks may resume as early as this month if AstraZeneca is interested, but are more likely to resume in November.
- This deal is beneficial to AstraZeneca's shareholders over the short-term, but is likely to hinder innovation at the combined company over the long-term.
- AstraZeneca has an attractive drug pipeline and is expecting to grow revenues 7.5% annually as a result of this pipeline.
- Pfizer has been slashing R&D spending and is in desperate need of a drug pipeline to carry its company into future success.