Tue, May 26, 3:27 PM
- Morningstar analyst Adam Fleck points to a reduced share count and slashing of expenses as the main drivers behind the improved bottom line at the company.
- Fleck forecasts flat operating margin growth over the next five years for AutoZone (AZO +0.2%).
- Citigroup was impressed enough with the report to back its Buy rating and $755 price target on AZO.
- Previously: More on AutoZone's FQ3
- Previously: AutoZone beats by $0.05, misses on revenue
Tue, May 26, 7:21 AM
- AutoZone (NYSE:AZO) reports same-store sales rose 2.3% in FQ3.
- Total auto parts sales increased 6.5% to $2.40B.
- Gross profit rate +30 bps to 52.3% attributable to higher merchandise margins.
- Operating expense rate +12 bps to 31.64%.
- Inventory +10.7% Y/Y to $3.47B driven by increased product placement, new stores, and the acquisition of IMC.
- Store count +233 Y/Y to 5,512.
- AZO +0.08% premarket.
Tue, May 26, 7:02 AM
Mon, May 25, 5:30 PM
Thu, May 21, 9:30 AM
- Alongside Goldman's list of 50 stocks appearing most as top holdings at hedge funds is its list of the 50 top shorts.
- New additions this quarter: Baxter Intl (NYSE:BAX), UPS, Marriott (NASDAQ:MAR), NextEra (NYSE:NEE), Ford (NYSE:F), National Oilwell Varco (NYSE:NOV), McDonald's (NYSE:MCD), M&T Bank (NYSE:MTB), CenturyLink (NYSE:CTL), Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN), Pioneer Natural (NYSE:PXD), Duke Energy (NYSE:DUK), Seagate (NASDAQ:STX), AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO).
- The full list (in order of $ value of short interest): AT&T (NYSE:T), Disney (NYSE:DIS), IBM, Verizon (NYSE:VZ), Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), Kinder Morgan (NYSE:KMI), Exxon (NYSE:XOM), Pfizer (NYSE:PFE), J&J (NYSE:JNJ), Deere (NYSE:DE), Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT), Exelon (NYSE:EXC), GE, Boeing (NYSE:BA), Halliburton (NYSE:HAL), Fox (NASDAQ:FOXA), Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA), UTX, Regeneron (NASDAQ:REGN), Merck (NYSE:MRK), salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM), AbbVie (ABBV), Conoco (NYSE:COP), Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), Eli Lilly (NYSE:LLY), Celgene (NASDAQ:CELG), Schlumberger (NYSE:SLB), AutoZone (NYSE:AZO), Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC), Emerson (NYSE:EMR), McDonald's (MCD), Reynolds (NYSE:RAI), Target (NYSE:TGT), Accenture (NYSE:ACN), Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO).
Tue, Mar. 24, 5:30 PM
- Continuing a buyback program that has seen $15.7B worth of authorizations since 1998 (compares with a current market cap of $21.2B), AutoZone (NYSE:AZO) has added a fresh $750M to its buyback authorization.
- The auto parts retailer also added $750M last June, and before that in Dec. 2013. It spent $326M on buybacks over the first half of FY15 (ends in August).
Tue, Mar. 3, 7:18 AM
- AutoZone (NYSE:AZO) reports domestic same-store sales rose 3.6% in FQ2.
- The company's gross profit rate increased 10 bps to 52.1% on higher merchandise margins.
- Operating EBIT +7.1% to $361.269<
- Operating expenses rate +20 bps to 35.4%.
- Inventory +11% Y/Y.
- Domestic store count +171 Y/Y to 5,042.
- Total store count +387 to 5,458.
- Previously: AutoZone beats by $0.13, beats on revenue
- AZO +3.92% premarket
Tue, Mar. 3, 7:05 AM
Mon, Mar. 2, 5:30 PM
Dec. 11, 2014, 9:30 AM
- Retail sales struck their biggest gain since March on broad strength.
- What's working: Strong growth was seen in auto parts (PBY, ORLY, AZO, AAP, MNRO) with the broad parts category showing year-over-year sale growth of over 8% in November. Sales were up 6.8% Y/Y for health and personal care stores (ULTA, SBH, CVS, WAG, RAD) during the month.
- What's not working: Department stores (DDS, M, SSI, BONT, SHLD, JCP, KSS, JWN) went backwards with sales off 1.1% from a year ago. No surprise, but sales at gas stations (CASY, KR, PTRY) also fell off from a year ago.
- Retail ETFs: XLY, XRT, VCR, RTH, RETL, IYK, FXD, IYC, FDIS, SCC, UCC, PMR, UGE, RCD, SZK.
Dec. 10, 2014, 8:15 AM
Dec. 9, 2014, 7:44 AM
- AutoZone (NYSE:AZO) reports same-store sales rose 4.5% in FQ1.
- Total auto parts sales increased 8.02% to $2.18B.
- Gross profit rate +20 bps to 52.06% attributable to higher merchandise margins and lower shrink expense.
- Operating expense rate +45 bps to 33.98%.
- Inventory +11.29% Y/Y to $3.28B driven by increased product placement, new stores, and the recent acquisition of IMC .
- Store count +224 Y/Y to 5,434.
- AZO +2.32% premarket.
Dec. 9, 2014, 7:02 AM
Dec. 8, 2014, 5:30 PM
Sep. 26, 2014, 8:26 AM
Sep. 25, 2014, 7:46 AM
AZO vs. ETF Alternatives
AutoZone Inc is a retailer and distributor of automotive replacement parts and accessories in the United States. The Company operates stores which carries an extensive product line for cars, sport utility vehicles, vans and light trucks and among others.
Other News & PR