Apr. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM| Comment!
Jan. 29, 2014, 2:21 PM
- Investors take a slightly soft 2014 outlook from Boeing (BA -6.3%) as an excuse to cash in some chips on the Dow's best performer last year.
- “We view BA’s 2014 EPS/cash-flow guidance to be initially conservative given the year is just commencing and coupled with BA’s typical cadence of increasing mileposts as the year progresses,” says Sterne Agee's Peter Arment, capturing the flavor of sell-side reaction.
- Boeing's 6%-plus decline is responsible for nearly half of the Dow's 170 point drop.
- CC transcript, presentation slides
- Earlier earnings coverage
Jan. 29, 2014, 8:07 AM
- Boeing (BA) net profit $1.23B vs $978M
- Commercial airplanes op profit +19% to $1.51B, revenues +4% to $14.68B, deliveries +4% to 172, margin +1.4 points to 10.3%.
- Defense, Space & Security op profit +27% to $954M, revenues +6% to $8.855B, margin +1.8 points to 10.8%.
- 2014 guidance: core EPS of $7-7.20 vs consensus of $7.57; revenue of $87.5-90.5B vs $92.72B; commercial deliveries of 715-725.
- Shares -1.3%.
- Previous (PR)
Jan. 29, 2014, 7:30 AM| Comment!
Jan. 29, 2014, 12:05 AM
Jan. 28, 2014, 5:30 PM
Oct. 23, 2013, 7:46 AM
- Boeing (BA) rises 1.9% premarket as the company's Q3 beats on both lines.
- Q3 orders: $27B. Backlog is now $415B, up from a previous record of $410B.
- Core operating margin rises 70 bps.
- Q3 commercial airplane deliveries: 170.
- BDS revenue growth by segment: Military Aircraft, -5%; Network & Space Systems, +9%; Global Services & Support, +10%.
- Outlook: Core EPS of $6.50-6.65 (up from previous guidance of $6.20-6.40/share) on sales of $83-86B. Commercial deliveries of 635-645 (unchanged). (PR)
Oct. 23, 2013, 7:32 AM
Oct. 23, 2013, 12:05 AM
Oct. 22, 2013, 5:30 PM
Jul. 24, 2013, 7:59 AMMore on Boeing's (BA) Q2: Higher 787 and 737 deliveries drive a 9% Y/Y increase in revenue. Backlog grows to a record $410B on the strength of $40B in new orders. Operating cash flow ex-pension contributions doubles and then some to $3.5B. Commercial airplanes: Revenue +15%, operating margin +50 basis points, deliveries +13%. Defense: Revenue flat, operating margin +40 basis points. FY13 guidance: $6.20-6.40 on revenue of $83-86B. Shares +1.68% premarket. (PR) | 1 Comment
Jul. 24, 2013, 7:31 AM
Jul. 24, 2013, 12:05 AMNotable earnings before Wednesday’s open: ABC, AOS, ARMH, ARW, ATI, BA, CAT, CFR, CKSW, CP, CVE, DAL, DPS, ECA, ELN, EMC, EVR, F, GD, GNTX, ICON, LAD, LCC, LL, LLY, MCO, MDCO, MSA, MSI, MTH, NDAQ, NOC, NOR, NYCB, OC, OCR, PCH, PEP, PLD, PVR, PX, RAI, RCI, RDN, RES, RLGY, SAVE, STX, TEL, TMO, TROW, TUP, WLP, WYN | Comment!
Jul. 23, 2013, 5:30 PMNotable earnings before Wednesday’s open: ABC, AOS, ARMH, ARW, ATI, BA, CAT, CFR, CKSW, CP, CVE, DAL, DPS, ECA, ELN, EMC, EVR, F, GD, GNTX, ICON, LAD, LCC, LL, LLY, MCO, MDCO, MSA, MSI, MTH, NDAQ, NOC, NOR, NYCB, OC, OCR, PCH, PEP, PLD, PVR, PX, RAI, RCI, RDN, RES, RLGY, SAVE, STX, TEL, TMO, TROW, TUP, WLP, WYN | Comment!
Apr. 24, 2013, 7:46 AMMore on Boeing (BA) Q1 earnings: Core operating earnings of $1.9B, up 14% Y/Y. Core operating margin of 9.9%, up 80 bps from a year ago. Backlog of $392B, up $2B from end of 2012. Net orders of $20B during Q1. FY2013 outlook of $82B-$85B in revenue and core EPS of $6.10-$6.30 is reaffirmed. Conference call 10:30 ET (presentation slides). Shares +3.3% premarket. (PR) | 3 Comments
Apr. 24, 2013, 7:32 AM
BA vs. ETF Alternatives
Boeing Co, together with its subsidiariesdesigns, develops, manufactures, sells and supports commercial jetliners, military aircraft, satellites, missile defense, human space flight and launch systems and services.
Other News & PR