- Bank of America recently settled major housing and credit card related investigations.
- Revenue is in decline. The consensus estimate is for $22.3 billion for the quarter, compared to $23.5 billion a year ago.
- There have been some job cuts in the Global Trading and Investment Banking Division. Cost cutting is necessary to maintain earnings in a declining revenue environment.
- Consensus is for 27 cents a share in earnings, compared with 20 cents a share a year ago.
- CEO Brian Moynihan has showed crisis management skills and brought back a dividend. Can he transition into profit making?