Quote & Headlines
5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
To learn more about Seeking Alpha PRO, click here.
There are no News articles on BAMXY.
BAMXY vs. ETF Alternatives
Thursday, Aug 297:57 AMAugust U.S. auto sales forecast to be strong
Thursday, Aug 297:57 AM| 1 Comment
- A joint forecast from J.D. Power and Associates and LMC Automotive sees a selling pace of 16M units in August which would mark the first time since sales reached that level since 2007.
- The impact of the Labor Day weekend being rolled into August sale tallies will have an impact, although a strong sales trend is still expected to be confirmed even without the calendar effect.
- Close-out deals and strong replacement demand underpinned August auto sales, according to analysts.
- Related stocks: GM, F, TM, FIATY.PK, HMC, NSANY.OB, TSLA, VLKAY.PK, DDAIF.PK, HYMLF.PK, BAMXY.PK, KIMTF.PK, VOLVY.PK.
Saturday, Aug 244:09 PMAuto sales preview: The outlook looks strong for August and beyond
Saturday, Aug 244:09 PM| 4 Comments
- A calendar quirk works in the favor of automobile sales for August as the Labor Day weekend marks the 5th weekend of the month. The timing effect could be enough to lift the annual selling rate to over 16M units, according to forecasts from LMC Automotive and J.D. Power. Kelley Blue Book is a tad more conservative with an estimate of 15.6M.
- Though an aging U.S. fleet and macroeconomic factors are often cited as the major demand boosts for the industry, analysts think a higher percentage of loans over five years has helped ease pricing.
- It's not just the U.S. that is showing stronger automobile industry fundamentals. China continues to blaze ahead, while Europe and India are expected to start a slow recovery.
- Light-duty diesel vehicles and EVs catch their share of headlines, but it's new gas models from Detroit and Tokyo automakers which could spark sales.
- Related stocks: GM ,F, VLKAY.PK, TM, FIATY.PK, HMC, NSANY.OB, TSLA, DDAIF.PK, HYMLF.PK, BAMXY.PK, KIMTF.PK, VOLVY.PK, DAN, BWA, MTOR, TRW, GT, CTB, FDML, DLPH.
Tuesday, Aug 137:55 AMBMW sales strong in China
Tuesday, Aug 137:55 AM| Comment!
- BMW's (BAMXY.PK) local JV partner in China reported a large jump in revenue and profit for the first half of the year on strong demand for new models.
- Brilliance China Automotive saw deliveries increase 31% to 105,962 for the first six months of the year.
- BMW thinks China will top the U.S. as its biggest market this year.
Thursday, Aug 812:10 PMAudi putting heat on BMW in luxury segment|Thursday, Aug 812:10 PM| Comment!
Monday, Aug 59:00 AMBMW recalls 140K vehicles in China|Monday, Aug 59:00 AM| 1 Comment
Thursday, Aug 12:05 PMBMW July U.S. sales|Thursday, Aug 12:05 PM| Comment!
Wednesday, Jul 316:45 AMChina slows down BMW's expansion plans
Wednesday, Jul 316:45 AM| 4 Comments
- China's Ministry Of Environmental Protection denies an attempt by BMW (BAMXY.PK) to expand a factory in the nation in a development that could have far-reaching impact.
- Automotive analysts warns the expansion road ahead in China for automakers could have unexpected turns.
- Though sales growth has been strong for Volkswagen (VLKAY.PK), Ford (F), and General Motors (GM) in China, the issue of increased regulation on pollution concerns could crop up more frequently.
Monday, Jul 299:03 AMBMW hopes to make EV splash
Monday, Jul 299:03 AM| 1 Comment
- BMW's (BAMXY.PK) new i3 EV will be sold with an interesting perk to alleviate driving range anxiety. Owners will have the right to book a conventional full-sized sedan for a few weeks a year to take care of long-distance driving vacations.
- The automaker is taking a different approach to the EV market by designing a model from scratch, instead of converting a gas-powered version. Industry watchers think the gamble could help the i3 stand out compared to rivals on efficiency and performance.
- The car will debut in the fall priced roughly halfway between the Tesla Model S and lower-end EVs such as the Chevrolet Volt and Nissan Leaf.
Friday, Jul 127:09 AMToyota (TM) was issued more patents by the USPTO than any other automaker last year, beating out General Motors (GM) and Honda by a decent margin. The patent scene is taking on increased importance in the automobile industry with companies vying to develop the killer communications systems. So far, analysts think GM, BMW (BAMXY.PK), and Tesla Motors (TSLA) have a leg up on their rivals. |Friday, Jul 127:09 AM| 7 Comments
Tuesday, Jul 92:10 PMSelf-driving cars might seem 100 years away when considering how to solve the insurance pickle, but that's not stopping optimists like Piper Jaffray's Gene Munster from seeing the upside. The analyst cites the huge productivity gains and safety advantages that autonomous solutions could bring before making an exceedingly rosy forecast on the self-driving car timetable. Though the auto industry is beginning to increase their focus on R&D for self-driving technology, Google's passionate push in the area might have the efforts of interested automakers such as General Motors (GM), BMW (BAMXY.PK), Audi (VLKAY.PK), and Nissan (NSANY.OB) appearing small in its rear-view mirror. |Tuesday, Jul 92:10 PM| 4 Comments
Monday, Jul 87:45 AM
Friday, Jul 57:16 AM
Tuesday, Jul 212:34 PM
Thursday, Jun 2710:58 AMLuxury automakers in China have been reveling with outsized margins for a few years now, but analysts think that all that could change as the market in the nation matures. The Chinese luxury automobile is forecast to pass the U.S. in size as soon as 2016, but a shift to slightly smaller cars will impact the mix of vehicles sold. What to watch: Though the margin pinch should occur slowly, it could hit German automakers (BAMXY.PK, VLKAY.PK, DDAIF.PK) and Tata Motors (TTM +1.7%) a bit harder than the Big Three (GM, F, FIATY.PK). |Thursday, Jun 2710:58 AM| 2 Comments
Friday, Jun 218:24 AM
Wednesday, Jun 127:15 AMThe U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission filed a lawsuit agaisnt BMW (BAMXY.PK) in which it alleges the automaker used criminal background checks in a discriminatory manner. The agency is seeking a court order to force BMW to make changes with its hiring practices. |Wednesday, Jun 127:15 AM| 1 Comment