5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
BMW CEO Discusses Q2 Results - Earnings Call TranscriptAug. 30, 2010
There are no News articles on BAMXY.
BAMXY vs. ETF Alternatives
Wednesday, Apr 161:23 PM
Wednesday, Apr 167:50 AM
Thursday, Apr 1012:48 PM
Thursday, Apr 1012:48 PM| Comment!
- BMW (BAMXY) will recall more than 156K to address a potential issue with defective bolts.
- The vehicles in the recall include some from the well-received 3 Series.
- The pace of recalls in the automobile industry has picked over the last two weeks following criticism over GM's handling of an ignition switch issue.
Wednesday, Apr 97:49 AM
Wednesday, Apr 97:49 AM| Comment!
- BMW (BAMXY) increased its lead in the global premium segment after growing sales 17% in March to 186,126.
- Audi (VLKAY) passed BMW for a short spin earlier this year as the top premium seller.
- The gains this year for BMW have been paced by strong demand for the BMW X line and help to set it on a track to break its all-time sales record.
Tuesday, Apr 811:21 AM|Tuesday, Apr 811:21 AM| 1 Comment
Tuesday, Apr 112:37 PM
Monday, Mar 317:00 AM
Monday, Mar 317:00 AM| Comment!
- BMW (BAMXY) says it won't let Mercedes-Benz (DDAIF) have the market in the U.S. for a seven-seat crossover to itself.
- The automaker will start selling the X7 crossover in 2017 or 2018 to take on the Mercedes GL.
- The X7 will be built at BMW's plant in South Carolina which has become its plants with the largest capacity.
Friday, Mar 283:29 PM
Wednesday, Mar 2611:19 AM
Wednesday, Mar 2611:19 AM| 116 Comments
- Automobile dealerships no longer provide value for consumers, concludes a research paper by INSEAD professor Karan Girotra.
- "Car dealers and more generally intermediaries represent an extra layer of companies in the supply chain that clearly increases costs to customers," writes the prof.
- The industry has evolved such that a consumer could search and research a car online, test-drive at a product gallery, and service a purchased vehicle at a reputable repair shop without needing the backstop of a manufacturer-certified dealership, concludes Girotra.
- Related stocks: GM, F, TM, FIATY, HMC, NSANY, TSLA, VLKAY, DDAIF, HYMLF, BAMXY, KIMTF, MMTOF, PEUGF, RNSDF, TTM.
Monday, Mar 2412:50 PM
Monday, Mar 2412:50 PM| 23 Comments
- Cadillac (GM) plans to use test-drive centers and pop-up storefronts in Europe instead of expanding its dealership network.
- The concept will also be tested in the U.S. to varying degrees by Tesla Motors (TSLA -5.5%), Porsche (VLKAY), and BMW (BAMXY).
- What to watch: Though the dealership model is firmly entrenched and protected by state law in many regions, there's been more cracks to the model on the luxury side as of late. For now, automobile analysts see brand retail storefronts serving in a complementary role until some of the legal questions are answered on how far they can go in converting prospects to buyers.
Monday, Mar 247:30 AM
Monday, Mar 247:30 AM| 14 Comments
- An early read on automobile sales from J.D. Power and Associates indicates sales for March are tracking at an annual selling rate of 15.6M.
- The mark is slightly below the research firm's forecast of 15.8M.
- Analysts sees March as a make-or-break month for the industry if it hopes to reach full-year expectations after weather stalled traffic during the January and February.
- Prices will also be closely watched in March with inventory levels running high. Kelley Blue Book notes the average transaction price in March is up 1.6% Y/Y to $32,100 so far.
- Related stocks: GM, F, TM, FIATY, HMC, NSANY, TSLA, VLKAY, DDAIF, HYMLF, BAMXY.
Wednesday, Mar 197:01 AM|Wednesday, Mar 197:01 AM| Comment!
Monday, Mar 177:43 AM
Monday, Mar 177:43 AM| Comment!
- BMW (BAMXY) says it will recall vehicles in China due to potential problems with an engine control component.
- The automaker wasn't specific on the number of vehicles that will be included in the recall.
- It's also not clear yet if the BMW recall will broaden out from China.
Wednesday, Mar 57:49 AM
Wednesday, Mar 57:49 AM| Comment!
- BMW (BAMXY) will add 25 new cities to its DriveNow rental business as it looks to expand the car-sharing concept.
- The automaker says it's looking at 10 locations in the U.S. and another 15 in Europe.
- DriveNow lets users rent BMW Mini vehicles and 1-series compacts by the minute in a program that BMW thinks helps develop its brand with younger consumers.
Tuesday, Mar 41:53 PM
Tuesday, Mar 41:53 PM| 2 Comments
- The overall tone at the Geneva Motor Show is positive as sales patterns in Europe have stabilized and even shown some pockets of strength. Perhaps the biggest question is if the sales gains are organic or the results of heavy discounting? Autohaus PulsSchlag reports price cuts of at least 10% at most major manufacturers.
- European automakers are downplaying the impact on sales in Russia from the ongoing conflict in Ukraine. Russia is Europe's second largest automobile market and is expected to pass Germany within a few years.
- Jeep unveiled its all-new 2015 Renegade compact crossover SUV. The model is unique in that it will feature seven different engine choices tailored to different global markets.
- BMW announced plans to build over ten new smaller models on its latest platform. The Mini Clubman concept has created a stir with analysts.
- New models from Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Maserati show that the ultra-wealthy haven't been forgotten by automakers at the show. Related stocks: GM, F, TM, FIATY, HMC, NSANY, TSLA, VLKAY, DDAIF, HYMLF, BAMXY, MMTOF, PEUGF, RNSDF, TTM, SZKMY, FUJHY, RNSDF.
Tuesday, Mar 46:54 AM|Tuesday, Mar 46:54 AM| Comment!
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.