Dec. 30, 2014, 8:37 AM
- China will extend subsidies on electric vehicles of up to 55K yuan ($8.8K) per vehicle until at least 2020, according to new draft rules published by the government.
- The development is the latest indication that Beijing plans to back the EV industry in the region as part of a broadened pollution-control initiative.
- Related news: Shenzhen (population ~10M) caps new car sales.
- Stocks of interest: TSLA, OTCPK:BAMXY, KNDI, TM, and Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A, BRK.B) via BYD Group.
Dec. 28, 2014, 12:40 PM
- Germany plans to build out the network of charging stations for battery-powered cars in the nation as it looks to stoke growth in the EV industry, according to Reuters.
- The government has a goal of having a million electric cars on the road by 2020.
- EV sellers in Germany: OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTCPK:MMTOF, TSLA, OTCPK:NSANY, OTC:RNSDF.
Dec. 23, 2014, 2:53 AM
- BMW (OTCPK:BAMXY) is next to expand a Takata (OTCPK:TKTDY) recall nationwide, following the lead of four rival automakers.
- The NHTSA has been pushing carmakers to broaden the recall beyond a limited area with high humidity and they have gradually followed suit.
- At least five deaths have been linked to the Takata inflaters, although none of them have been in BMW vehicles.
Dec. 22, 2014, 10:49 AM
- TrueCar projects automobile sales in the U.S will rise 2.6% to 17M next year.
- The research firm forecasts the average transaction price of new vehicles will increase 2.4% to a $32,589.
- TrueCar's models to watch: Ford F-Series, Mazda CX-3, Mercedes-Benz GLA.
- Related stocks: GM, F, TM, FCAU, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:FUJHY, KMX, CRMT, AN, OTCPK:MZDAY, LAD.
Dec. 19, 2014, 3:00 PM
- U.S. automobile sales are forecast to increase 11% in December to an annual selling rate of 16.6M units, according to a fresh forecast from TrueCar.
- The research firm says the industry benefited from lower gas prices and a better month of weather than was seen a year ago.
- For the full year, TrueCar expects total U.S. vehicle revenue to be up 8.3% to close to $1T.
- Transaction prices on new cars are up 1.9% to $31,831 YTD.
- Used vehicle sales are up 3.3% for the year.
- Related stocks: GM, F, TM, FCAU, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:FUJHY, KMX, CRMT, AN, LAD.
Dec. 19, 2014, 2:17 PM
- The age of connected cars appears closer with Google pushing forward with its next-gen Android M software designed to be integrated into automobiles.
- The industry has a bit of an uneasy relationship with Google, despite the company's open-source approach to the technology.
- Though most major automakers collaborate with Google through the Open Automotive Alliance - which aims for a common platform to drive innovation - the self-driving car initiative of Google and their own infotainment ambitions keep them wary.
- Analysts originally forecast vehicle-to-vehicle communication would be part of the connected car concept and be integrated into some models by 2016, although that timetable now appears unlikely.
- What to watch: Before any major breakthrough occurs, the DOT needs to weigh in on next-gen connected cars. That gets trickier with safety and security concerns teed up again after the high-profile GM recall debacle and crippling Sony hacking incident.
- Automaker stocks: GM, F, TM, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCPK:MMTOF, OTCPK:PEUGF, OTC:RNSDF, TTM, OTCPK:MMTOF, OTCPK:SZKMY, OTCPK:FUJHY, OTC:RNSDF, OTCPK:GELYF, FCAU.
Dec. 18, 2014, 9:14 AM
- General Motors (NYSE:GM) suspends making deliveries to Russia due to the volatile situation with the ruble exchange rate.
- The company operates in the region through Opel-division GM Russia.
- Jaguar Land Rover (NYSE:TTM) and Audi (OTCQX:VLKAY) have also halted sales in the nation in reaction to the currency crisis.
- The above automakers - along with BMW (OTCPK:BAMXY), Daimler (OTCPK:DDAIF), Hyundai (OTC:HYMLF), and Renault (OTC:RNSDF) - face large hits in Q4 due to exposure to the Russian currency.
- Some estimates on ruble losses range over the $100M mark.
Dec. 16, 2014, 7:12 AM| Comment!
Dec. 9, 2014, 7:12 AM
Dec. 8, 2014, 11:30 AM
Dec. 8, 2014, 10:45 AM
- New data from Truecar.com indicates more than one million cars with a transaction price over $50K will be sold this year.
- Sales at the price point are up 30.8% through November compared to a year ago.
- Transactions for cars below the $50K level were up 4.1% for the same time period.
- Detroit automakers (GM, F, FCAU) have big plans for the Cadillac, Lincoln, and Fiat brands in the U.S. in 2015.
- Meanwhile, German automakers (OTCPK:DDAIF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCQX:VLKAY) are all increasing production capacity in the U.S. based on forecasts for strong high-end sales growth.
- Strong demand in the U.S. for cars priced over $50K also bodes well for Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA).
Dec. 5, 2014, 8:52 AM
- Mercedes-Benz (OTCPK:DDAIF) will increase North America production in Q1 of 2015 by 21.8%, according to a forecast from WardsAuto.
- German peer BMW (OTCPK:BAMXY) ranks 2nd of the larger automakers on the WardsAuto list with an estimated production boost of 15.6%.
- Volkswagen (OTCQX:VLKAY) is also listed above the industry average at 6.2%.
Dec. 2, 2014, 2:17 PM
Dec. 1, 2014, 9:05 AM
- BMW (OTCPK:BAMXY) announces a new generation of plug-in hybrid vehicles, including hybrid versions of some its core models.
- The automaker plans to unveil a prototype of its BMW Series 3 plug-in hybrid today at an event in France.
- What to watch: BMW says its plug-in hybrid technology is adaptable enough to be integrated widely across its vehicle concepts. The German company also notes that a hydrogen fuel cell platform could be an option in the future.
Nov. 28, 2014, 12:19 PM
Nov. 28, 2014, 11:05 AM
- Automobile stocks are higher as a group after oil prices slide.
- General Motors (NYSE:GM) is up 2.3% and Toyota is 1.1% higher, while shares of Ford (NYSE:F) are just poking out a modest 0.1% gain.
- There's some concerns that Ford's big bet on aluminum loses some of its relevance if gas prices shoot lower.
- Daimler (OTCPK:DDAIF) and BMW (OTCPK:BAMXY) are both beating broad market averages with +1% gains.
- EV automaker Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) is down 2.1% on the day.
BAMXY vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR