Wed, Jan. 14, 2:29 PM
- Auto sales in India rose 11.8% to 262,795 units in December, according to WardsAuto.com.
- Sales for 2014 ended at 3.213M units, down 1.8% Y/Y.
- Higher prices from automakers due to increased excise taxes are expected to hold back demand in 2015.
- Related stocks: OTCPK:SZKMF, HMC, TTM, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:NSANY.
Mon, Jan. 12, 10:23 AM
- General Motors (GM -0.1%) calls the new Bolt concept a "game-changing" model in the EV segment.
- "Chevrolet believes electrification is a pillar of future transportation and needs to be affordable for a wider segment of customers," proclaims GM.
- The automaker plans to offer the model in all 50 states and in many global markets. That statement could indicate GM plans to partner with an existing retail chain in an ambitious charging station build-out initiative.
- A starting price of $30K for the Chevrolet Bolt is expected.
- The details on performance, style, tech features, and crossover aesthetics are quite impressive - although it's relevant to note that GM use the word "concept" 22 times in its press release.
- There's a vigorous debate on this 434-comment stream on the impact for Tesla Motors (TSLA -3.3%) and other EV manufacturers (TM, OTCPK:NSANY, OTCPK:BAMXY) from the Bolt development.
Sat, Jan. 10, 9:20 AM
- General Motors (NYSE:GM) plans to introduce a new all-electric model with a driving range of close to 200 miles.
- The automaker will unveil a concept version of the Chevrolet Bolt at the Detroit Auto Show next week.
- The Bolt will be priced in a range of $30K to $35K, below that of several other EV entries including the anticipated selling price of the Model 3 from Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA).
- A more advanced battery from LG Chem is promised than the one used in Chevrolet Volts.
- 2014 GM EV sales: Chevrolet Volt 18.8K, Cadillac ELR 1.31K (full EV report)
- Related stocks: OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCPK:NSANY, TM.
Fri, Jan. 9, 4:38 AM
- German automakers had a great year in 2014 despite stiff competition in the growing market for luxury cars and SUVs.
- BMW's (OTCPK:BAMXY) vehicle sales soared past the 2M mark for the first time last year, as deliveries of its BMW, Mini and Rolls-Royce brands rose 7.9% to 2.12M cars.
- Volkswagen’s (OTCQX:VLKAY) Porsche brand also sold more cars than ever in 2014, delivering 190K vehicles to customers, and reporting a 17% rise in annual sales.
Wed, Jan. 7, 8:02 PM
- Sales of electric vehicles in the U.S. rose 23% to 119.7K in 2014, according to a summary from InsideEVs.com.
- December was the peak month of the year with EV sales of 12,784 units.
- 2014 EV sales by model (estimated): Nissan Leaf 30.2K, Chevrolet Volt 18.8K, Tesla Model S 17.3K, Toyota Prius 13.2K, Ford Fusion Energi 11.55K, Ford C-Max Energi 8.4K, BMW i3 6.09K, Smart ED 2.59K, Ford Focus Electric 1.96K, Fiat 500e 1.79K, Cadillac ELR 1.31K, Toyota RAV4 1.18K.
- Plug-in entries from Porsche, Honda, Kia, Volkswagen, and Mitsubishi all recorded sales of less than a thousand for the year.
- Related stocks: OTCPK:NSANY, GM, TSLA, TM, F, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCPK:DDAIF, FCAU, OTC:HYMLF, OTCQX:VLKAY.
Tue, Jan. 6, 8:20 AM
- The spinoff of Ferrari could give Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (NYSE:FCAU) enough breathing room to seek a merger partner, according to auto industry analysts.
- The rising cost of developing clean cars in Europe and the U.S. sets the stage for automakers to join forces through mergers and extended partnerships.
- "Eventually it must happen," notes FCA chief Sergio Marchionne on the topic of mega-mergers.
- No company is too big to be ruled out of the merger discussions due to the benefits of scaling investment costs and matching strengths/weaknesses in Europe, Latin America, China, and the U.S, note insiders.
- Automakers: GM, F, TM, FCAU, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCPK:FUJHY, OTCPK:MMTOF, OTCPK:PEUGF, OTC:RNSDF, TTM, KNDI. OTCPK:SZKMY, OTCPK:MZDAY.
Tue, Jan. 6, 4:37 AM
- The Consumer Electronics Show that kicked off in Las Vegas yesterday is showing off some future technologies that could hit the auto industry.
- Likened to a luxury lounge that chauffeurs passengers autonomously, Mercedes Benz (OTCPK:DDAIF) showed off a prototype for its new concept car on Monday, called the F 015 Luxury in Motion.
- BMW (OTCPK:BAMXY) will unveil its wirelessly charging i8 hybrid sports car later this week, which uses a magnetic field to transmit electricity between a base pad on a garage floor and a coil on the underside of the vehicle.
Mon, Jan. 5, 1:54 PM
Mon, Jan. 5, 3:04 AM
- BMW (OTCPK:BAMXY) has agreed to pay 5.1B yuan ($820M) to its distributors in China to help cover their losses after the retailers stopped ordering cars from the manufacturer, Bloomberg reports.
- Slowing sales growth means a "new normal" is emerging in the country’s auto market, BMW said in an e-mailed statement.
- The carmaker and dealer group "reached consensus on the structure of optimized business measures and financial allocation for the dealers."
Fri, Jan. 2, 9:04 AM
- Automobile prices in India are set to increase as much as 6% after the government decides not to extend a tax break for manufacturers.
- Execs with several automakers have already weighed in on the development, saying the higher tax will be passed on to consumes.
- The development is expected to cut into demand in the short-term for an industry which was starting to gain traction.
- Related stocks: OTCPK:SZKMF, HMC, TTM, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:NSANY, OTC:RNSDF.
Thu, Jan. 1, 3:41 AM
- More than 60M vehicles were recalled in the U.S. in 2014, totaling an average of about two announcements a day and affecting the equivalent of one in five vehicles on the road.
- GM's (NYSE:GM) defective ignition switch, Honda's (NYSE:HMC) Takata (OTCPK:TKTDY) air bag crisis and Fiat Chrysler's (NYSE:FCAU) flammable gas tanks led the group, doubling the previous U.S. annual recall record set in 2004.
Dec. 31, 2014, 9:04 AM
- A sobering comment from China Automobile Dealers Association deputy secretary general Luo Lei could give manufacturers pause heading into 2015.
- "Carmakers have high market expectations. But the reality is: supply exceeds demand," maintains Lei.
- Dealers in China have been complaining this year about problems clearing inventory, even in the luxury sector, amid an unbalanced push by automakers to meet targets.
- Also on the Chinese automobile market: China extends EV subsidies, High hopes for Chinese luxury automobile segment, Toyota to miss China 2014 sales goal.
- Related stocks: OTCPK:DDAIF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCQX:VLKAY, GM, OTCPK:NSANY, TM, TTM, F, HMC, TSLA, KNDI.
Dec. 30, 2014, 8:37 AM
- China will extend subsidies on electric vehicles of up to 55K yuan ($8.8K) per vehicle until at least 2020, according to new draft rules published by the government.
- The development is the latest indication that Beijing plans to back the EV industry in the region as part of a broadened pollution-control initiative.
- Related news: Shenzhen (population ~10M) caps new car sales.
- Stocks of interest: TSLA, OTCPK:BAMXY, KNDI, TM, and Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A, BRK.B) via BYD Group.
Dec. 28, 2014, 12:40 PM
- Germany plans to build out the network of charging stations for battery-powered cars in the nation as it looks to stoke growth in the EV industry, according to Reuters.
- The government has a goal of having a million electric cars on the road by 2020.
- EV sellers in Germany: OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTCPK:MMTOF, TSLA, OTCPK:NSANY, OTC:RNSDF.
Dec. 23, 2014, 2:53 AM
- BMW (OTCPK:BAMXY) is next to expand a Takata (OTCPK:TKTDY) recall nationwide, following the lead of four rival automakers.
- The NHTSA has been pushing carmakers to broaden the recall beyond a limited area with high humidity and they have gradually followed suit.
- At least five deaths have been linked to the Takata inflaters, although none of them have been in BMW vehicles.
Dec. 22, 2014, 10:49 AM
- TrueCar projects automobile sales in the U.S will rise 2.6% to 17M next year.
- The research firm forecasts the average transaction price of new vehicles will increase 2.4% to a $32,589.
- TrueCar's models to watch: Ford F-Series, Mazda CX-3, Mercedes-Benz GLA.
- Related stocks: GM, F, TM, FCAU, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:FUJHY, KMX, CRMT, AN, OTCPK:MZDAY, LAD.
BAMXY vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR