5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
BMW CEO Discusses Q2 Results - Earnings Call TranscriptAug. 30, 2010
There are no News articles on BAMXY.
BAMXY vs. ETF Alternatives
Wednesday, Oct 92013, 8:30 AM
Wednesday, Oct 22013, 8:22 AM
Wednesday, Oct 22013, 8:22 AM| Comment!
- Germany's Federal Motor Transport Authority reports new car registrations dropped 1.2% to 247,199 in September to mark a solid improvement from the 5% fall seen in August.
- German automakers (BAMXY.PK, VLKAY.PK, DDAIF.PK) continue to improve sales in their home nation in fits and starts, while Opel (GM) showed some unexpected strength during the month.
Tuesday, Oct 12013, 1:37 PM|Tuesday, Oct 12013, 1:37 PM| Comment!
Tuesday, Oct 12013, 9:29 AM
Monday, Sep 302013, 1:14 PM
Monday, Sep 302013, 1:14 PM| 1 Comment
- Auto sales in the U.S. are expected to post the first year-over-year decline in 28 months, but the industry is far from panicked.
- A calendar quirk had the Labor Day weekend included in sales tallies for August and September will have two fewer selling days than a year ago.
- Kelley Blue Book projects a seasonal adjusted selling rate of 15.2M units for the month.
- What to watch: A far better tell on the direction of U.S. auto sales is the steady stream of reports of vehicle shortages due to hot demand.
- Related stocks: GM, F, TM, FIATY.PK, HMC, NSANY.OB, TSLA, VLKAY.PK, DDAIF.PK, HYMLF.PK, BAMXY.PK, KIMTF.PK, VOLVY.PK, MZDAY.PK, MMTOF.PK, FUJHY.PK, FUJHF.PK
- Related ETFs: CARZ, VROM
Monday, Sep 302013, 9:07 AM
Monday, Sep 302013, 9:07 AM| Comment!
- BMW's (BAMXY.PK) China venture, BMW Brilliance Automotive, is recalling 75.8K 5 Series vehicles to fix faulty socket adapters for tail lights. 2 months ago, the company recalled 143K 5 Series models due to problems with the electric power steering system.
- Hyundai (HYMLF.PK) is recalling 65K Hyundai and Kia cars due to problems with the brake pedals. And Kia's separate China JV is recalling 41K vehicles for the same reason. Previously, Hyundai and Kia recalled 660K cars in South Korea to repair a faulty brake switch.
Thursday, Sep 262013, 10:07 AM
Thursday, Sep 262013, 10:07 AM| 2 Comments
- BMW (BAMXY.PK) and Hyundai (HYMLF.PK) are in talks with Mexican authorities over building factories in the nation.
- If the government lands a deal it would mark the first new car factory in Mexico since April 2012.
- The big picture: A strong yen in Asia and slumping auto sales in Europe has a prompted a host of major automakers to increase capacity in North America.
Friday, Sep 202013, 8:05 AM|Friday, Sep 202013, 8:05 AM| Comment!
Tuesday, Sep 172013, 11:54 AM
Tuesday, Sep 172013, 11:54 AM| Comment!
- Electric car sales in Germany could pick up over the next few years, according to the Association of the Automotive Industry.
- The group thinks sales of at least 100K are possible by mid-decade in the nation.
- Volkswagen (VLKAY.PK), BMW (BAMXY.PK), and Daimer (DDAIF.PK) are all becoming more active in the domestic EV market.
Tuesday, Sep 172013, 7:08 AM
Tuesday, Sep 172013, 7:08 AM| 1 Comment
- IHS Automotive's Carlos Da Silva thinks the European automobile market has bottomed out after dissecting the latest round of sub-par sales tallies on the continent.
- The analyst notes the rate of decline has slowed enough to call a bottom, although the general sentiment in the industry is that any recovery will be choppy at best.
- Related stocks: GM, F, TM, FIATY.PK, HMC, NSANY.OB, VLKAY.PK, DDAIF.PK, BAMXY.PK, VOLVY.PK
Tuesday, Sep 172013, 4:30 AM
Tuesday, Sep 172013, 4:30 AM| 1 Comment
- European car sales dropped 4.9% on year in August to 686,957 units after rising 4.9% in July as new registrations fell in France, Italy and Germany last month. However, the U.K. again continued to enjoy growth, with volumes increasing 10%.
- In January-August, European sales dropped 5.2%.
- Peugeot (PEUGF.PK) had a particularly bad August as sales slumped 18%, with Honda (HMC) -19.6%, Fiat (FIATY.PK) -4.9%, Toyota (TM) -4%, Volkswagen (VLKAF.PK) -11%, Audi -6.4% and Ford (F) -0.9%,
- BMW (BAMXF.PK) +9.9%, Daimler (DDAIF.PK) +5.5%, Renault (RNSDF.PK) +5.8% and GM (GM) +0.7%.
- The data comes after car executives had expressed hope at the Frankfurt Motor Show that the European car market was stabilizing. (PR)
Monday, Sep 162013, 8:10 AM
Monday, Sep 162013, 8:10 AM| 3 Comments
- U.S. automobile sales will rise to over 16M next year, according to a survey of analysts by Bloomberg.
- If the forecast is correct, 2014 will be the best year for auto sales since at least 2007.
- The best news of all for the sector is that consumer demand is solid without incentives or promotions being broadly increased by automakers.
- Related stocks: GM, F, TM, FIATY.PK, HMC, NSANY.OB, TSLA, VLKAY.PK, DDAIF.PK, HYMLF.PK, BAMXY.PK, KIMTF.PK, VOLVY.PK.
- Related ETFs: CARZ, VROM
Wednesday, Sep 112013, 10:32 AM
Wednesday, Sep 112013, 10:32 AM| 26 Comments
- One of the biggest developments at the Frankfurt Auto Show is the showcasing of new electric vehicles models from luxury automakers such as Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Volkswagen, and BMW.
- But with only a paltry 0.2% of total vehicle registrations in Europe of the EV/hybrid variety will all the development costs pay off?
- Industry insider think it will as they point to the ability of automakers to lower their average fleet mileage ratings to appease regulators and a long-term trend toward alternative-fuel vehicles that nobody wants to miss out on.
- Related stocks: GM, F, TM, FIATY.PK, HMC, NSANY.OB, TSLA, VLKAY.PK, DDAIF.PK, BAMXY.PK, VOLVY.PK.
Wednesday, Sep 112013, 9:16 AM|Wednesday, Sep 112013, 9:16 AM| Comment!
Wednesday, Sep 112013, 7:52 AM
Wednesday, Sep 112013, 7:52 AM| Comment!
- BMW (BAMXY.PK) vows to take back the market share it lost to Mercedes (DDAIF.PK) last year with new models crammed with tech features.
- The automaker highlighted its new X5 model this week at the Frankfurt Auto Show, including showcasing the car's ability to drive itself in traffic jams and switch to night vision.
- Even though the X5's features could rival the Batmobile, analysts also point to the X5's improved gas mileage as a selling point in its favor in comparison to Audi and Mercedes models.
Tuesday, Sep 102013, 9:14 AM