Dec. 8, 2014, 11:30 AM
Dec. 8, 2014, 10:45 AM
- New data from Truecar.com indicates more than one million cars with a transaction price over $50K will be sold this year.
- Sales at the price point are up 30.8% through November compared to a year ago.
- Transactions for cars below the $50K level were up 4.1% for the same time period.
- Detroit automakers (GM, F, FCAU) have big plans for the Cadillac, Lincoln, and Fiat brands in the U.S. in 2015.
- Meanwhile, German automakers (OTCPK:DDAIF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCQX:VLKAY) are all increasing production capacity in the U.S. based on forecasts for strong high-end sales growth.
- Strong demand in the U.S. for cars priced over $50K also bodes well for Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA).
Dec. 5, 2014, 8:52 AM
- Mercedes-Benz (OTCPK:DDAIF) will increase North America production in Q1 of 2015 by 21.8%, according to a forecast from WardsAuto.
- German peer BMW (OTCPK:BAMXY) ranks 2nd of the larger automakers on the WardsAuto list with an estimated production boost of 15.6%.
- Volkswagen (OTCQX:VLKAY) is also listed above the industry average at 6.2%.
Dec. 2, 2014, 2:17 PM
Dec. 1, 2014, 9:05 AM
- BMW (OTCPK:BAMXY) announces a new generation of plug-in hybrid vehicles, including hybrid versions of some its core models.
- The automaker plans to unveil a prototype of its BMW Series 3 plug-in hybrid today at an event in France.
- What to watch: BMW says its plug-in hybrid technology is adaptable enough to be integrated widely across its vehicle concepts. The German company also notes that a hydrogen fuel cell platform could be an option in the future.
Nov. 28, 2014, 12:19 PM
Nov. 28, 2014, 11:05 AM
- Automobile stocks are higher as a group after oil prices slide.
- General Motors (NYSE:GM) is up 2.3% and Toyota is 1.1% higher, while shares of Ford (NYSE:F) are just poking out a modest 0.1% gain.
- There's some concerns that Ford's big bet on aluminum loses some of its relevance if gas prices shoot lower.
- Daimler (OTCPK:DDAIF) and BMW (OTCPK:BAMXY) are both beating broad market averages with +1% gains.
- EV automaker Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) is down 2.1% on the day.
Nov. 28, 2014, 7:35 AM
- The European Commission is expected to disclose in December more details on future emissions targets for cars sold in the European Union.
- Many experts see the EC setting a CO2 emissions target of 75 grams/km for automakers to achieve by 2030.
- A 95 grams/km target by 2021 has already been set.
- Related stocks: OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCPK:PEUGY, GM, F, TM, OTC:RNSDF.
Nov. 24, 2014, 1:42 AM
- Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) is in talks with BMW (OTCPK:BAMXY) over a possible partnership in battery technology, charging stations and light-weight components, Elon Musk told German weekly Der Spiegel.
- In an interview published on Sunday, Musk called BMW's carbon fiber reinforced car body parts "interesting" and "relatively cost efficient," and expects Tesla to have a battery production plant in Germany in five to six years.
Nov. 22, 2014, 1:51 PM
- SGL Group (OTCPK:SGLFF), who supplies carbon fibre reinforced parts for BMW's (OTCPK:BAMXY) electric cars, is in talks with several other carmakers to supply carbon fibre, CEO Juergen Koehler tells Wirtschaftswoche.
- "VW (OTCPK:VLKAF), in particular through Audi (OTCPK:AUDVF) and Lamborghini are also banking on high-volume use of carbon components. General Motors (NYSE:GM) has also hinted recently that they want to use more carbon. Porsche (OTCPK:POAHF) is also very active," he said, adding that new contracts would not be as big as the BMW venture.
- BMW's i-series, which cost it billions to develop, has had weak sales. BMW had sold less than 11,000 i3s by the end of September.
- SGL's main business is making graphite electrodes used to recycle scrap metal into steel. Its carbon fibre business accounted for just 2% of sales last year.
- SGL has already cut 1,400 of its 6,000 workforce.
Nov. 18, 2014, 6:19 PM
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is seeking the recall of "millions of vehicles" containing Takata (OTCPK:TKTDY) airbags, and the DoT agency will "use the full extent of its statutory powers" to force action if Takata and auto manufacturers fail to "quickly agree" to a recall.
- Cars had been recalled only in areas along the Gulf coast with high humidity, but the NHTSA says it is basing the decision on a recent incident that happened outside of those areas.
- NHTSA also orders Takata and all 10 auto companies that use Takata's air bag inflators - BMW (OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCPK:BAMXF), Chrysler (NYSE:FCAU), Ford (NYSE:F), GM, Honda (NYSE:HMC), Mazda (OTCPK:MZDAY), Mitsubishi (OTCPK:MMTOF), Nissan (OTCPK:NSANY, OTCPK:NSANF), Subaru (OTCPK:FUJHY), and Toyota (NYSE:TM) - to provide detailed reports about ongoing testing of the products outside of the high-humidity regions that already had recalls in place.
Nov. 18, 2014, 7:35 AM| Comment!
Nov. 12, 2014, 10:06 AM
- The landmark emissions deal struck between the U.S. and China has implications for the automobile industry even if it is largely symbolic, according to analysts.
- There's some speculation that bickering between the nations over spying and other free trade issues won't reel in China-Western auto joint ventures and impact government EV subsidies as the nation stays focused on pollution control.
- Automaker stocks: GM, F, TM, FCAU, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTC:KIMTF, OTCPK:MMTOF, OTCPK:PEUGF, TTM, TSLA.
Nov. 11, 2014, 2:28 PM
- Domestic automobile sales in India fell 2.6% in October, according to the Society of Indian Automotive Manufacturers.
- A pulling back of government subsidies for diesel models impacted sellers in the category.
- Sales of trucks and buses also fell during the month.
- Related stocks: OTCPK:SZKMF, HMC, TTM, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:NSANY.
Nov. 11, 2014, 9:30 AM
Nov. 3, 2014, 12:40 PM
BAMXY vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR