Quote & Headlines
5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
To learn more about Seeking Alpha PRO, click here.
There are no News articles on BAMXY.
BAMXY vs. ETF Alternatives
Tuesday, Dec 32:32 PM
Monday, Dec 29:29 AMGerman automakers dabble with online sales|Monday, Dec 29:29 AM| Comment!
Monday, Dec 29:23 AMAutomakers walk tightrope with inventory levels
Monday, Dec 29:23 AM| 4 Comments
- Automakers are walking a tightrope between accounting for strong demand in the U.S. and keeping inventory at levels where they don't have to use painful incentives to clear dealer lots.
- The industry entered November with inventory of 3.4M cars which at 76 days' supply reps the highest level for the month since 2005.
- What to watch: Analysts like the approach of Ford which has scheduled periods of downtime at select plants to keep inventory at optimal levels.
- November U.S. Auto Sales preview
- Related stocks: F, GM, TM, VLKAY, NSANY, HMC, FIATY, HYMLF, DDAIF, BAMXY, TSLA.
Friday, Nov 297:08 AMLuxury automakers not sitting out Black Friday
Friday, Nov 297:08 AM| 1 Comment
- Luxury automobile sales are forecast to be strong for the Black Friday this weekend as manufacturers become more aggressive with promotions.
- Mercedes-Benz (DDAIF) and BMW (BAMXY) have increased their marketing spend into their year-end battle for being the top-selling luxury seller in the U.S. - while both General Motors (GM) and Ford (F) expect strong traffic at dealerships.
- Previous: November U.S. Sales preview
Saturday, Nov 2311:45 AML.A. Auto Show wrap: Back to the Future
Saturday, Nov 2311:45 AM| 28 Comments
- The L.A. Auto Show hit full stride with global automakers tipping off plans to ramp up production and designs to take advantage of the North American demand boom.
- Honda (HMC), Toyota (TM), and Hyundai (HYMLF) pounded home the commitment they will make to hydrogen fuel cells. This is no flux capacitor chatter. All three plan to invest to have fuel cell models on the U.S. market within two years, although details on charging station infrastructure are sketchy.
- General Motors (GM) was the talk of the town as the Chevy Colorado truck impressed analysts mightily and looks set to give challengers from Nissan and Toyota a run for their money.
- BMW (BAMXY), Porsche (VLKAY, POAHF), and Mercedes-Benz (DDAIF) all have big plans for the luxury market, while Kia enters the segment as a darkhorse with the K900. Kia?
- On the zero-emission front, Honda was full of swagger by landing a major green award for the new hybrid Honda Accord on gaudy fuel economy ratings.
- Automakers to watch: Subaru (FUJHY) and Chrysler (FIATY) look well-positioned for 2014 market share gains. Tesla (TSLA) CEO Elon Musk is off monitoring his latest Space X rocket, while the Tesla debate gets even livelier on SA.
Wednesday, Nov 203:46 PMStrong demand for BMW i3 and i8 electric offerings
Wednesday, Nov 203:46 PM| Comment!
- BMW (BAMXY -1.2%) has had orders for nearly 10K of its i3 electric cars, global sales chief Ian Robertson said at the LA Auto Show. First deliveries were made in Germany last week, and the vehicle will go on sale in America during Q2 of 2014.
- The i8 plug-in hybrid sports model, which will be introduced in mid-2014, has already sold out for its first year of availability.
- Previous: BMW's new i-brand launches
Friday, Nov 88:01 AMBMW's new i-brand launches|Friday, Nov 88:01 AM| Comment!
Tuesday, Nov 57:09 AMBMW's profit pinched by tech costs and discounting
Tuesday, Nov 57:09 AM| Comment!
- BMW (BAMXY) says Q3 operating profit fell 6% to €1.55B ($2.09B) to just miss the estimate of analysts.
- Sales of BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce brand cars during the period rose by 10.7% to 481,657 units.
- The automaker saw higher technology costs and an increased degree of discounting in key European markers take a toll on earnings. (PR)
Friday, Nov 112:57 PM
Tuesday, Oct 156:48 AMBMW sees strong early demand for EV entry|Tuesday, Oct 156:48 AM| Comment!
Saturday, Oct 1210:40 AMEuropean automobile market: Beware of taking on the Germans
Saturday, Oct 1210:40 AM| 15 Comments
- Major automobile companies are making a big mistake in thinking they can increase profit margins by taking on German automakers (BAMXY.PK, VLKAY.PK, DDAIF.PK) in the luxury market on their home turf, argues Neil Winston of The Detroit News.
- The "delusional" strategy to invest in the high-end market - instead of slashing capacity and following the lead of the successful South Korean automakers (KIMTF.PK, HYMLF.PK) in Europe - has proven disastrous to automakers such as Saab, Renault (RNSDF.PK), and Volvo (VLKAY.PK) in the past.
- Peugeot (GM, PEUGF.PK) and Ford (F) are guilty of falling for the temptation to move more models into the European upscale market, while Fiat (FIATY.PK) is playing small ball on the continent.
Thursday, Oct 1010:10 AMAutomakers keep plugging away in India despite weak demand
Thursday, Oct 1010:10 AM| 1 Comment
- BMW (BAMXY.PK) and Volkswagen (VLKAY.PK) both introduced new models in India today in a market that has been underwhelming this year.
- Volkswagen is out with new compact, while BMW is offering consumers a fresh look at it 5 Series sedans.
- The launches were timed right in front of the nation's festival season which is forecast to give a short-term bounce to auto demand.
- Previous: Gloomy forecast for auto sales in India
Wednesday, Oct 98:30 AM
Wednesday, Oct 28:22 AMAuto sales in Germany slowly turning a corner
Wednesday, Oct 28:22 AM| Comment!
- Germany's Federal Motor Transport Authority reports new car registrations dropped 1.2% to 247,199 in September to mark a solid improvement from the 5% fall seen in August.
- German automakers (BAMXY.PK, VLKAY.PK, DDAIF.PK) continue to improve sales in their home nation in fits and starts, while Opel (GM) showed some unexpected strength during the month.
Tuesday, Oct 11:37 PMBMW September U.S. sales|Tuesday, Oct 11:37 PM| Comment!
Tuesday, Oct 19:29 AM