There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
- At a market capitalization of almost $100 billion, BASF is the world's largest chemical company.
- The company offers favorable fundamentals compared to its peers.
- BASF currently yields three and a half percent and offers regular dividend increases.
- BASF has low multiples compared to its peer group and the broad market.
- BASF generates stronger margins than its peers by virtue of significant ongoing R&D investments, strong internal process development, and major operational scale.
- Shifting toward higher value-added specialty chemicals is an ongoing process, but the company is already highly leveraged to the auto OEM, construction, consumer goods, and ag markets.
- BASF has lagged peers over the past 12 months, but does not appear all that cheap on DCF, EBITDA, or sales.