Wed, Aug. 5, 3:35 PM
- Baxter International (BAX +4.7%) is up on more than a 4x surge in volume in apparent response to a 13D filing by noted investor Daniel Loeb's Third Point LLC that disclosed a 7% stake of 37,925,000 shares.
- In a press release, Baxter says that it has "engaged in discussions with Third Point representatives and expects to continue a constructive dialogue." It also says that the Board and management are committed to enhancing value for all Baxter shareholders.
Tue, Aug. 4, 7:46 AM
- Shire plc (NASDAQ:SHPG) discloses that it made a proposal to Baxter (NYSE:BAX) spin-off Baxalta (NYSE:BXLT) to combine the firms in an all-stock transaction valued at $30B or $45.23 per share. Baxalta had previously declined to enter into discussions with Shire about a potential merger.
- Update: BXLT up 19% premarket on robust volume. SHPG down 4% on high volume.
Mon, Aug. 3, 9:14 AM
- Baxalta (BXLT) announces that it published pivotal Phase 3 data for its investigational Von Willebrand treatment BAX 111 in the journal of American Society and Hematology.
- The data demonstrated that 100% of the patients treated with BAX 111, a highly purified recombinant von Willebrand factor candidate, achieved success in the management of bleeding episodes.
- BAX 111 is currently under review by FDA. If approved, it would become the first recombinant replacement treatment for managing bleeding episodes for von Willebrand patients. Previously: Baxter's recombinant von Willebrand factor delivers 100% treatment success rate (April 20)
- Related tickers: (BAX)
Wed, Jul. 29, 4:41 PM
- Baxter International (NYSE:BAX) Q2 results ($M): Total Revenues: 3,893 (-8.7%); BioScience: 1,429 (-18.4%); Medical Products: 2,464 (-1.9%).
- Sales by segment: Hemophilia: 672 (-25.7%); Immunoglobulin Therapies: 422 (-41.4%); Inhibitor Therapies: 183 (-0.5%); BioTherapeutics: 152 (-1.9%); Fluid Systems: 518 (-3.0%); Renal: 949 (-9.1%); Integrated Pharmacy Solutions: 548 (-16.3%); Surgical Care: 333 (-3.8%).
- Net Income: 332 (-36.2%); EPS: 0.60 (-36.8%).
- Q3 Guidance: Revenues: flat from (9 - 10%); GAAP EPS: $0.00 - 0.02.
- H2 Guidance: GAAP EPS: $0.23 - 0.27.
- Shares are unchanged after hours.
Wed, Jul. 29, 4:35 PM
Wed, Jul. 29, 12:26 PM
Tue, Jul. 28, 5:35 PM
- ACGL, AEGN, AEL, AEM, AFFX, ALGT, ANIK, AR, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, ASH, ATW, BANC, BAX, BKCC, BLKB, BXP, CAVM, CBL, CEMP, CGI, CHDN, CHMT, CLD, CMO, CMPR, CNO, CNW, CROX, CSGP, CW, CWT, CXO, DDR, DOX, DRE, DYAX, EHTH, ELY, EQIX, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXR, FARO, FB, FBP, FICO, FISV, FMI, FNF, FOE, FORM, FORR, HLS, HOLX, HOS, HY, IPCM, ISIL, IXYS, KEG, KEX, KGC, KRA, KRG, KS, LNC, LOCK, LPSN, LRCX, MAA, MANT, MAR, MC, MCK, MDAS, MEOH, MET, MMLP, MTGE, MTW, MUR, NBIX, NE, NOW, NSIT, NTRI, NXPI, O, OGS, OI, ORLY, OTEX, PDM, PEGA, PEIX, PPC, PSA, PTC, PVA, QGEN, QUIK, RKUS, ROG, RRTS, SBAC, SCI, SCTY, SFLY, SGMO, SKX, SPRT, SSNC, SSS, STAA, SU, TAL, TER, THG, THRM, THRX, TILE, TTEK, UNM, VAR, VGR, VNDA, VRTX, WDC, WES, WFM, WGP, WLL, WMB, WMGI, WSTL, WTS, WYNN
Wed, Jul. 8, 7:53 AM
- Relypsa (NASDAQ:RLYP) initiated with Buy rating and $42 (29% upside) price target by Cantor Fitzgerald.
- K2M Holdings (NASDAQ:KTWO) initiated with Buy rating and $30 (24% upside) price target by Needham.
- Baxter International (NYSE:BAX) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by BMO Capital Markets. Price target lowered to $36 (3% downside risk) from $80.
Tue, Jul. 7, 10:50 AM
- Edwards Lifesciences (EW -0.8%) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight with a $168 (17% upside) price target (up from $135) by Morgan Stanley.
- HealthSouth (HLS -0.7%) upgraded to Market Outperform from Market Perform with a price target of $54 (15% upside) by JMP Securities.
- AstraZeneca (AZN -0.6%) upgraded to Buy from Hold with an $81 (25% upside) price target by Berenberg.
- Humana downgraded to Hold from Buy by Argus Research.
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG -1.1%) downgraded to Underweight from Equal Weight by Morgan Stanley. Price target lowered to $500 (6% upside) from $560.
- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals (AEGR -0.5%) downgraded to Sell from Neutral by Guggenheim Securities.
- Centene (CNC -3.3%) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight by Barclays. Price target lowered to $81 (20% upside) from $88.
- Raptor Pharmaceutical (RPTP -1.8%) downgraded to Underperform from Perform with an $8 (40% downside risk) price target by Oppenheimer.
- Aetna (AET -3.5%) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by FBR Capital Markets. Price target lowered to $120 (6% upside) from $130.
- Baxter International (BAX -2.3%) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Bank of America. Price target lowered to $40 (8% upside) from $78.
Wed, Jul. 1, 10:54 AM
- Baxter International (BAX -45.9%) spin-off Baxalta (BXLT -2.1%) begins trading today. Baxter retains almost a 20% stake in the firm.
- Previously: Baxter details post-split financial objectives (May 18)
- Previously: Baxter moves ahead on Baxalta spin-off; share dividend declared (June 5)
- Previously: Baxalta projected to log $5.9B in sales this year (May 19)
Wed, Jun. 24, 12:40 PM
- Baxter International (BAX +1.6%) initiated with Buy rating and $45 (post Baxalta) price target by Goldman Sachs.
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH -2%) initiated with Outperform rating and $159 (33% upside) price target by RBC Capital.
- Esperion Therapeutics (ESPR +2.1%) initiated with Neutral rating and $86 (4% upside) price target (down from $130) by Credit Suisse.
- Corindus Vascular Robotics (OTCPK:CVRS +0.2%) initiated with Buy rating and $6 (38% upside) price target by Stifel.
- Perrigo (PRGO -0.1%) initiated with Outperform rating and $246 (30% upside) price target by BMO Capital.
- Signal Genetics (SGNL +3.8%) initiated with Buy rating and $2.50 (55% upside) price target by Chardan Capital.
- CASI Pharmaceuticals (CASI +2.8%) initiated with Buy rating and $2.50 (39% upside) price target by HC Wainwright.
- Eagle Pharmaceuticals (EGRX -0.8%) initiated with Outperform rating and $97 (11% upside) price target by RBC Capital.
- BioLineRx (BLRX -0.2%) initiated with Outperform rating and $5 (117% upside) price target by JP Morgan.
- OncoSec Medical (ONCS -2.5%) initiated with Buy rating and $25 (255% upside) price target by HC Wainwright.
- Ignyta (RXDX +1.4%) initiated with Overweight rating and $34 (103% upside) price target by Piper Jaffray.
- Acadia Healthcare (ACHC -1.6%) initiated with Buy rating and $84 (11% upside) price target by Mizuho Securities.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX -6.2%) initiated with Market Perform rating and $86 (23% upside) price target by Leerink Swann.
Mon, Jun. 22, 7:48 AM
- Kamada (NASDAQ:KMDA) collaborates with Baxter (NYSE:BAX) subsidiary Baxalta on a Phase 1/2 clinical trial evaluating Kamada's proprietary alpha-1 antitrypsin (AAT) for the prevention of lung transplant rejection.
- Under the terms of the agreement, Baxalta will assist in the development of the study as well as the funding. The trial is expected to commence in H1 2016.
- Kamada's AAT demonstrated positive results in a proof-of-concept Phase 2 study in Graft-versus-Host-Disease conducted with Baxalta.
- Baxalta has distribution rights to AAT, branded as Glassia, for all indications in the U.S., Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Kamada retains full rights in all other territories.
- Baxalta will begin trading as a separate company on July 1 under the symbol "BXLT."
Fri, Jun. 19, 8:28 AM
- Baxter International (NYSE:BAX) subsidiary Baxalta prices a $5B private offering of senior notes with yields ranging from 2.00% to 5.25%, with one floating rate tranche ($375M). Net proceeds will be used to make a $4B cash distribution to Baxter and for general corporate purposes, including acquisitions.
- Baxter will use the cash to redeem certain outstanding debt.
- Baxalta will be spun out by the end of the month. Shares will begin trading on the NYSE under the symbol "BXLT" on July 1.
Fri, Jun. 5, 4:45 PM
- Baxter International's (NYSE:BAX) Board of Directors approves the separation of its biopharmaceuticals business, known as Baxalta, and declares a special dividend distribution of 80.5% of Baxalta's common stock to Baxter shareholders who will receive one share of Baxalta for each BAX share owned. Baxter will retain a 19.5% stake.
- Baxalta will begin trading as an independent company on the New York Stock Exchange on July 1 under the symbol "BXLT."
Mon, Jun. 1, 10:13 AM
- CTI BioPharma (CTIC +17.5%) jumps in early trading in response to its announcement at ASCO (abstract #LBA7006) that patients with myelofibrosis treated with its lead product candidate, pacritinib, in a Phase 3 trial called PERSIST-1 met the primary efficacy endpoint of a statistically significant reduction in spleen volume compared to baseline at week 24. The results were originally reported in March.
- Fast Track-designated pacritinib, an oral tyrosine kinase inhibitor, is being co-developed with Baxter International (BAX -0.2%). Tyrosine kinase is an enzyme that serves as an "on/off" switch in many cellular functions. If stuck in the "on" position, unregulated cell growth occurs.
- Previously: CTI Bio up 19% premarket on Phase 3 results (March 9)
Thu, May 21, 11:18 AM
- Under the decentralized procedure, Baxter International (BAX -0.7%) submits a marketing authorization application to 17 authorities in Europe seeking approval of its 20% concentration subcutaneous immune globulin treatment for patients with primary immunodeficiencies. The company is advancing the 20% product in an effort to expand its treatment portfolio in primary immunodeficiencies.
BAX vs. ETF Alternatives
Baxter International Inc is a healthcare company. It develops, manufactures and markets products that save and sustain the lives of people with hemophilia, immune disorders, infectious diseases, kidney disease, trauma and other chronic conditions.
Other News & PR