Thu, Jan. 8, 4:42 PM
- Bed Bath & Beyond's (NASDAQ:BBBY) comparable store sales rose 1.7% Y/Y in FQ3, a slowdown from FQ2's 3.4%.
- The retailer continues to expect FQ4 EPS of $1.78-$1.83, in-line with a $1.80 consensus.
- FQ3 gross margin fell 80 bps Y/Y to 38.4%. SG&A spend rose 4% to $776.3M, slightly outpacing revenue growth of 3%.
- A $1.1B accelerated buyback was finished in December. $200M had been spent via BBBY's $2B buyback program as of Nov. 29.
- FQ3 results, PR
Thu, Jan. 8, 4:18 PM
Wed, Jan. 7, 5:35 PM
Sep. 23, 2014, 4:17 PM| 1 Comment
Sep. 22, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jun. 25, 2014, 4:35 PM
- Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) expects FQ2 EPS of $1.08-$1.16, below a $1.20 consensus. FY14 guidance for mid-single digit % EPS growth is being reiterated.
- Comparable store sales rose just 0.4% Y/Y in FQ1 vs. 1.7% in FQ4 and 1.3% in FQ3.
- Gross margin fell to 38.8% from 40.4% in FQ4 and 39.5% a year ago. SG&A spend rose 3% Y/Y to $730.2M.
- $273M was spent to buy back 4.2M shares.
- FQ1 results, PR
Jun. 25, 2014, 4:17 PM| Comment!
Jun. 24, 2014, 5:35 PM
Apr. 9, 2014, 4:17 PM
Apr. 9, 2014, 12:10 AM
Apr. 8, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jan. 8, 2014, 4:28 PM
- A slight miss in FQ3 and lowered guidance is sending Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) shares tanking 8.3% in AH trading.
- Comparable store sales growth slowed to 1.3% during the quarter, down from 1.7% in FQ3 of last year.
- During the quarter, BBBY opened 5 Bed Bath & Beyond stores, 2 Christmas Tree Shops/andThat! locations, and 3 World Market shops. It closed 3 namesake stores.
- Gross margin fell to 39.2% in FQ3 from 39.8% in the respective period last year.
- Management sees EPS of $1.60-$1.67 in FQ4, down from previous guidance of $1.70-$1.77, and well below analyst expectations of $1.78.
- PR, conference call at 5pm ET
Jan. 8, 2014, 4:19 PM| Comment!
Jan. 8, 2014, 12:10 AM
Jan. 7, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 25, 2013, 5:14 PM
- Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) +4.6% AH after FQ2 earnings rose 11% on a 9% jump in sales, both increases at the upper end of company guidance.
- BBBY also raised the lower end of its full-year earnings estimate by $0.04/share, now seeing EPS of $4.88-$5.01; forecasts FQ3 EPS of $1.11-$1.16 vs. $1.12 analyst consensus and FQ4 outlook of $1.70-$1.77 EPS vs. $1.83 consensus.
- FQ2 comp store sales rose ~3.7% vs. a ~3.5% increase in the year-ago quarter.
- Gross margin narrowed to 39.4% from 39.8%.
BBBY vs. ETF Alternatives
Bed Bath & Beyond Inc operates a chain of retail stores. It operates under the names Bed Bath & Beyond, Christmas Tree Shops, Harmon and Harmon Face Values, buybuy BABY & World Market or Cost Plus World Market.
Other News & PR