Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctive British heritage, core outerwear and large leather goods base and some of the most recognised icons in the world.
Burberry designs and sources apparel and accessories, selling through a diversified network of retail (including... More
Friday, Oct 182013, 3:33 PM
Friday, Oct 182013, 3:33 PM| Comment!
- Burberry (BURBY.PK +1%) tells investors incoming CEO Christopher Bailey will take an "unconventional" approach, Financial Times reports. Bailey, the designer credited with turning Burberry into a global luxury brand, will meet with a creative and executive team to determine how responsibilities will be divided once CEO Angela Ahrendts departs for Apple next year.
- A source told the paper, "What he is not going to do is take his eye off the 8-ball in terms of all the creative stuff, which is so crucial to the company." The appointment is unprecedented, and investors' concerns sent shares tumbling 10% in 2 days before they started clawing back losses.
Tuesday, Oct 152013, 12:01 PM
Tuesday, Oct 152013, 12:01 PM| 26 Comments
- Tim Cook (AAPL +0.7%) has issued a company memo praising new retail chief/ex-Burberry CEO Angela Ahrendts. "She places the same strong emphasis as we do on the customer experience. She cares deeply about people ... she is wicked smart."
- Those remarks might in part be an attempt to reassure employees Ahrendts' mindset is different from that of John Browett, who alienated retail workers with a perceived bottom line-focused approach. Burberry (BBRYF.PK) shares fell 6.2% in London.
- French site MacG.co reports (translation) new 13" and 15" MacBook Pros will go on sale on Oct. 24 or 25, following Apple's expected Oct. 22 iPad event. It also reports the new, cylindrical, Mac Pro (previewed in June) will be available on Nov. 15. A 5th-gen iPad and iPad Mini are expected to go on sale at month's end.
- Gene Munster says a survey of U.S. iPhone 5S buyers found 46% saying they plan to buy an iPad in the next 12 months. That compares with 34% of iPhone 5 buyers indicating the same a year ago.
Tuesday, Oct 152013, 2:57 AM
Tuesday, Oct 152013, 2:57 AM| 11 Comments
- Apple (AAPL) has named Angela Ahrendts, the CEO of British luxury brand Burberry (BBRYF.PK), to the newly created position of Senior VP of Retail & Online Stores. Ahrendts is set to join in the spring.
- Apple has been without a retail head since John Browett was shown the door a year ago, leaving CEO Tim Cook in charge of retail on an interim basis
- Burberry will replace Ahrendts with its Chief Creative Officer, Christopher Bailey. (PR)
Wednesday, Jul 102013, 5:11 AMBurberry's (BBRYF.PK) FQ1 revenue jumped 18% on year to £339M and beat consensus of £316M, while comparable-store sales at the British luxury brand grew 13% vs 8% in FQ4. Of note is that Hong Kong and China helped drive double-digit growth in comparable sales in Asia, a tale that contrasts with a fall in Chinese imports in May and June. Still, Burberry warned that "the macro outlook remains uncertain." (PR) |Wednesday, Jul 102013, 5:11 AM| Comment!
Thursday, Oct 42012, 3:31 PMChinese spending in Hong Kong during this year's (currently ongoing) Golden Week holiday is expected to fall at least 10% Y/Y, according to the Travel Industry Council. "The macroeconomic situation is dreadful," an analyst. "The number of big-ticket transactions has shrunk." |Thursday, Oct 42012, 3:31 PM| Comment!
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.