at MarketWatch.com (Dec 15, 2011)
Bonanza Creek Energy Inc is an independent energy company. The Company is engaged in acquisition, exploration, development & production of onshore oil & natural gas in U.S. Its operations are focused in Rocky Mountain and in Mid-Continent regions.
Thursday, Feb 274:43 PM|Thursday, Feb 274:43 PM| Comment!
Thursday, Feb 2712:10 AM
Thursday, Feb 2712:10 AM| 2 Comments
- ACAD, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, AMRN, APEI, ARNA, ATLS, AVD, BAGL, BCEI, BID, BIO, CEMP, CHUY, CLNE, CRM, DCO, DECK, ELGX, EPR, EVC, GPS, HALO, HTGC, KBR, KOG, LINE, MDVN, MELI, MENT, MNST, MTZ, NGD, NMBL, NOG, OLED, OVTI, PKT, PODD, REGI, ROST, SD, SFM, SLXP, SPLK, SPNC, SQNM, SWN, TESO, TUMI, UHS, WES, WG, WTR, XTEX, YOKU
Wednesday, Feb 265:35 PM
Wednesday, Feb 265:35 PM| 6 Comments
- AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, AMRN, APEI, ARNA, ATLS, AVD, BAGL, BCEI, BID, BIO, CEMP, CHUY, CLNE, CRM, DCO, DECK, ELGX, EPR, EVC, GPS, HALO, HTGC, KBR, KOG, LINE, MDVN, MELI, MENT, MNST, MTZ, NGD, NMBL, NOG, OLED, OVTI, PKT, PODD, REGI, ROST, SD, SFM, SLXP, SPLK, SPNC, SQNM, SWN, TESO, TUMI, UHS, WES, WG, WTR, XTEX, YOKU
Monday, Feb 39:53 AM
Monday, Feb 39:53 AM| 4 Comments
- Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI +0.2%) says CEO/President Michael Starzer has retired from the company and as a member of the board effective Jan. 31.
- Starzer has served as founder, director, and President/CEO of each of the predecessor Bonanza Creek companies.
- During the search for a successor, Marvin Chronister will act as interim President and CEO.
Tuesday, Jan 710:45 AM
Tuesday, Jan 710:45 AM| Comment!
- Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI +2.7%) moves higher after announcing its 2014 guidance for production volumes of 23K-25K boe/day, a 44%-56% increase over the top end of 2013 guidance of 16K boe/day.
- During Q4, BCEI finished its scheduled 2013 completion program with the tie-in to sales of 14 gross horizontal wells in the Wattenberg Field and 10 gross vertical wells in southern Arkansas.
Monday, Jan 612:27 PM
Monday, Jan 612:27 PM| Comment!
- Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI +3.8%) is upgraded to Buy from Neutral and Hess (HES -0.7%) is cut to Neutral from Buy at Mizuho on valuation as part of the firm's broader sector outlook, which sees crude prices remaining above breakeven for key basins despite headwinds.
- The firm expects further efficiency gains as key players in the Bakken (HES), Permian (APA, APC), Eagle Ford (MRO, APC) and DJ Basin (APC, NBL, PDCE, SYRG, BCEI) continue to hone skills; its top picks going into 2014 are APA, Kosmos (KOS) and, on the riskier side, APC.
- With APA, the firm sees a continued turnaround to a leaner, shareholder-focused E&P with material catalysts; with KOS, a seasoned explorer with big drilling upside alongside cash flow generation; with APC, market caution until a Tronox damages number is revealed but rebounding given solid assets and liquidity.
Friday, Dec 62013, 5:27 AM
Friday, Dec 62013, 5:27 AM| Comment!
- Brean downgrades Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) to Hold from Buy.
- "Attractive, linear growth and long-lived inventory make this a solid story, but we find the upside in PDC Energy (PDCE) and Synergy Resources (SYRG) as more compelling at this point despite richer multiples."
- NBL analyst meeting on December 18th might give reason to revisit NAV assumptions.
Friday, Nov 152013, 12:41 PM
Friday, Nov 152013, 12:41 PM| 6 Comments
- Voters in the Denver suburb of Broomfield, Colo., narrowly approve a five-year moratorium on fracking after a recount by county officials; the new results mean that all four Colorado communities with similar measures on the ballot this month voted to reject fracking.
- The results in Broomfield, on the edge of the Niobrara Shale, were closely watched because the community is considered less liberal than those which passed anti-fracking measures.
- Active in the Niobrara: NBL, APC, WPX, BBG, CRZO, BCEI, SYRG, PDCE.
Monday, Nov 112013, 2:59 PM
Monday, Nov 112013, 2:59 PM| Comment!
- Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI +1.3%) is upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $60 price target at Wunderlich, which says valuation is attractive again in a less frothy market.
- BCEI reported a strong Q3, in which revenues, production, pricing costs and earnings all exceeded expectations, and it released positive test results from Codell, Niobrara C, and extended reach lateral Niobrara B wells; BCEI plans to bring 14 horizontal Niobrara wells on line during Q4.
- BCEI plans to provide its 2014 outlook next January, with production in Q1 2014 likely "lumpy" as wells from the "Super Section" will not come online until March, the firm adds.
Thursday, Nov 72013, 5:03 PM|Thursday, Nov 72013, 5:03 PM| Comment!
Thursday, Nov 72013, 12:10 AM
Thursday, Nov 72013, 12:10 AM| Comment!
- ADES, ADUS, AIRM, AL, ALJ, ANAC, ARAY, AREX, ARNA, ATLS, ATW, AUQ, AVG, BCEI, BEBE, BIO, BNNY, BPZ, CFN, CLNE, CUBE, DAR, DIS, DMD, EAC,EBS, ECPG, ELON, ENOC, EZPW, FEYE, FF, FUEL, FXEN, GERN, GRPN, GXP, HTGC, IL, KRO, KTOS, LCI, LFVN, MCP, MDRX, MITK, MNST, MNTX, MSCC, NES,NFG, NKTR, NOG, NVDA, OCLR, OLED, PCLN, PEGA, PODD, RNDY, SF, SGMS, SLXP, SNTS, SQNM, SWIR, TSRO, TUMI, UBNT, UNXL, VVC, WIFI, WR, WTR, XNPT, XTEX, YRCW
Wednesday, Nov 62013, 5:35 PM
Wednesday, Nov 62013, 5:35 PM| 2 Comments
- ADES, ADUS, AIRM, AL, ALJ, ANAC, ARAY, AREX, ARNA, ATLS, ATW, AUQ, AVG, BCEI, BEBE, BIO, BNNY, BPZ, CFN, CLNE, CUBE, DAR, DIS, DMD, EAC,EBS, ECPG, ELON, ENOC, EZPW, FEYE, FF, FUEL, FXEN, GERN, GRPN, GXP, HTGC, IL, KRO, KTOS, LCI, LFVN, MCP, MDRX, MITK, MNST, MNTX, MSCC, NES,NFG, NKTR, NOG, NVDA, OCLR, OLED, PCLN, PEGA, PODD, RNDY, SF, SGMS, SLXP, SNTS, SQNM, SWIR, TSRO, TUMI, UBNT, UNXL, VVC, WIFI, WR, WTR, XNPT,XTEX, YRCW
Wednesday, Sep 182013, 8:58 AM
Wednesday, Sep 182013, 8:58 AM| Comment!
- Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) says it has shut-in 13 horizontal wells and 26 vertical wells in the Wattenberg field for precautionary reasons due to flooding in northern Colorado.
- While BCEI says it has experienced slight delays in drilling and completion operations, it does not expect any material impact to its 2013 scheduled operations.
Monday, Sep 162013, 9:31 AM
Monday, Sep 162013, 9:31 AM| Comment!
- Anadarko Petroleum (APC) has shut in at least 300 wells in the Wattenberg field, one of several operators affected by strong floods in Colorado over the weekend.
- Encana (ECA) says it shut in an unspecified number of wells and closed a field office due to lack of road access.
- Noble Energy (NBL) says its operations north of Denver are operating normally.
- Other smaller operators such as Synergy Resources (SYRG) and PDC Energy (PDCE) likely are affected; operators such as EOG, Bonanza Creek (BCEI) and Carrizo (CRZO) may have logistical issues.
Thursday, Aug 82013, 4:49 PM|Thursday, Aug 82013, 4:49 PM| Comment!
Thursday, Aug 82013, 12:10 AM
Thursday, Aug 82013, 12:10 AM| Comment!
- AGO, AIRM, AL, ALNY, AMRS, ANAC, ASYS, ATLS, AUQ, BCEI, BNNY, BRKS, CFN, CLNE, CPE, DAR, DATA, DV, ELON, ELX, FF, FXEN, GERN, GXP, IPXL, KTOS, LGF, MCP, MDRX, MDVN, MIDD, MNST, MRGE, NDLS, NES, NFG, NOG, NPSP, NVDA, OLED, ONXX, PCLN, PDLI, RAX, RICK, RNDY, SAAS, SF, SHOR, SLXP, UBNT, UNXL, YOKU, ZGNX
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.