Thu, Feb. 12, 4:12 PM
Wed, Feb. 11, 5:35 PM
Nov. 5, 2014, 4:34 PM
Nov. 4, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABTL, ACAS, ACLS, ALNY, ALSK, ANDE, AR, AREX, ASH, ATO, ATSG, AVG, AWK, BALT, BCOR, BIOS, BKD, BREW, BWC, CBS, CDE, CF, CLR, CODI, CPE, CSOD, CTL, CVG, CXO, DATA, DEPO, DK, DPM, DRYS, DVR, DYN, ECOL, ECYT, EFC, ENS, ENSG, ETE, ETP, EXAR, EXXI, FMI, FNV, G, GNW, GPOR, GSM, HOLX, HTCH, IL, INWK, IO, JCOM, KGC, KW, LBTYA, LHCG, LPSN, MBI, MCHX, MCP, MDR, MDWD, MED, MHLD, MIDD, MRIN, MTDR, MTRX, MUSA, MWE, NDLS, NLY, NVAX, NWSA, OILT, ORA, ORIG, OSUR, PAA, PLNR, PMT, PODD, POWR, PPO, PRGN, PRU, PTC, QCOM, QEP, QUAD, RGP, RNDY, RUTH, SB, SBY, SCTY, SD, SKUL, SLF, SSNI, SSRI, STMP, SUSP, SWIR, SWM, SXL, SYMC, SZYM, TCAP, TEAR, TEG, TERP, THOR, TNGO, TPC, TRAK, TROX, TRUE, TS, TSLA, TSRO, TTEC, TXTR, UHAL, VVUS, WBMD, WFM, WMC, WMGI, WR, WTI, WWWW, XPO, Z
Aug. 28, 2014, 6:03 PM
- Mike Glover, head of Blucora's (NASDAQ:BCOR) Infospace unit, has "submitted his resignation and will pursue other opportunities." He'll be replaced by Peter Mansour, formerly the head of eBay's Seattle office.
- Mansour's job puts him in charge of both the Infospace search business and recently-acquired HowStuffWorks.
- Blucora is coming off a Q2 in which its search/content ops saw a 16% Y/Y sales drop, thanks in large part to the revising of the company's Google search/ad deal.
Aug. 8, 2014, 12:20 PM
- Though it beat Q2 estimates, Blucora (BCOR -7.9%) is guiding for Q3 revenue of $112.5M-$122.5M and EPS of $0.07-$0.14, below a consensus of $129.7M and $0.21.
- On the CC (transcript), Blucora noted the HowStuffWorks acquisition is expected to have a near-term impact on margins, and that its core Search & Content ops are "in the midst of a transition that may extend beyond the third quarter," following the partial renewal of a search/ad deal with Google in February (didn't cover mobile AdSense ads).
- Search & Content revenue fell 16% Y/Y in Q2 to $79.8M. Sales were hurt both by the Google deal changes, and "a technology change [at] search engine partners" that affected WebCrawler's performance.
- On the bright side, tax preparation sales (TaxACT) grew 17% to $26.5M. E-commerce revenue (Monoprice) grew 5% on an adjusted basis to $35.3M.
- Q2 results, PR
Aug. 7, 2014, 4:56 PM
Aug. 6, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AGO, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, ALJ, ALNY, AMRN, AMRS, ANAC, ANET, ASYS, ATLS, AUQ, BCEI, BCOR, BIOL, BNFT, BNNY, BOFI, BPZ, CARA, CBS, CENT, CFN, CLNE, CLVS, CPST, CSC, CUBE, CVT, DAR, DIOD, DMD, DV, EAC, EBS, ECPG, ED, EGOV, ELX, ENOC, FF, FI, FRT, FWM, FXCM, GHDX, GST, GXP, HGR, HTGC, IRG, KTOS, LGF, MASI, MDVN, MED, MELI, MNST, NES, NFG, NOG, NVDA, NWSA, OLED, OPLK, PFMT, PODD, PRO, PSIX, QTWO, RATE, RBCN, RENT, RPTP, RRMS, SCTY, SEM, SFM, SHOR, SLXP, SPPI, SSTK, TEAR, TRNX, TRUE, TUMI, UBNT, UNXL, VOLC, VVUS, WIFI, XOMA, ZNGA,
Jul. 9, 2014, 5:34 PM
May. 28, 2014, 3:53 PM
- Blucora (BCOR +1.2%) has added $35M to its buyback authorization, raising its total available funds to $53M. That's good for repurchasing 6% of outstanding shares at current levels.
- The company has $336M in cash/investments on its balance sheet to pay for the buybacks, partly offset by $259M in debt.
- Blucora's move comes with shares down 32% YTD, in part due to Google-related worries.
May. 12, 2014, 5:49 PM
May. 2, 2014, 9:18 AM
May. 1, 2014, 5:59 PM
- Blucora (BCOR) expects Q2 revenue of $135M-$145.5M and EPS of $0.46-$0.53, below a consensus of $164.3M and $0.64. The outlook follows the renewal of a Google search/advertising deal that doesn't cover mobile AdSense ads. Shares -8.7% AH. (Q1 results, PR)
- Maxwell (MXWL) expects Q2 revenue to be "similar" to a Q1 level of $46M; that's favorable to a $42.4M consensus. Though visibility for Chinese plug-in hybrid bus market sales remains "limited," ultracapacitor demand from other markets "remains robust." Shares +1.1% AH. (Q1 results, PR)
- Audience (ADNC) expects Q2 revenue of $37.5M-$40.5M and EPS of -$0.10 to -$0.14 vs. a consensus of $38.2M and -$0.08. Shares unchanged for now. (Q1 results, PR)
May. 1, 2014, 4:42 PM
Apr. 30, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABFS, ABTL, ACGL, ADNC, ADUS, AEM, AFFX, AHS, AIV, AKAM, ALDW, ALJ, AVD, BAGL, BBG, BCOR, BJRI, BKH, BMRN, BYI, CALD, CERS, CHGG, CPSI, CSOD, CTCT, CTRL, CUBE, CVD, DCT, DGI, DRC, DVA, DXCM, EGO, EHTH, ELLI, ENTR, EPAY, EXEL, EXPE, FI, FLR, FLT, GERN, HCI, HME, HT, HTCH, HTGC, IMMR, IMPV, INVN, IPXL, ITMN, KEYW, KOG, KRFT, LAYN, LNKD, LNT, LRE, MCRS, MHK, MITK, MODN, MOH, MRC, MTW, MTZ, MXWL, NGVC, NTRI, NU, OIS, OMCL, ONNN, ONTY, OPEN, OUTR, PCCC, PKT, PMCS, PSA, QLGC, RBCN, SBAC, SEM, SGEN, SKUL, SNAK, SPF, SQNM, SREV, SSNC, SWIR, SWN, TEG, TPX, TS, TSYS, VRTX, WU, WWWW, WYNN, XL, XPO.
Apr. 28, 2014, 3:25 PM| Comment!
BCOR vs. ETF Alternatives
Blucora Inc is engaged in operating Internet business. It operates an internet Search & Content business, an online Tax Preparation business, and an E-Commerce business providing search services to users, online tax preparation service & sales services.
Other News & PR