Thu, Feb. 12, 4:12 PM
Wed, Feb. 11, 5:35 PM
Nov. 5, 2014, 4:34 PM
Nov. 4, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABTL, ACAS, ACLS, ALNY, ALSK, ANDE, AR, AREX, ASH, ATO, ATSG, AVG, AWK, BALT, BCOR, BIOS, BKD, BREW, BWC, CBS, CDE, CF, CLR, CODI, CPE, CSOD, CTL, CVG, CXO, DATA, DEPO, DK, DPM, DRYS, DVR, DYN, ECOL, ECYT, EFC, ENS, ENSG, ETE, ETP, EXAR, EXXI, FMI, FNV, G, GNW, GPOR, GSM, HOLX, HTCH, IL, INWK, IO, JCOM, KGC, KW, LBTYA, LHCG, LPSN, MBI, MCHX, MCP, MDR, MDWD, MED, MHLD, MIDD, MRIN, MTDR, MTRX, MUSA, MWE, NDLS, NLY, NVAX, NWSA, OILT, ORA, ORIG, OSUR, PAA, PLNR, PMT, PODD, POWR, PPO, PRGN, PRU, PTC, QCOM, QEP, QUAD, RGP, RNDY, RUTH, SB, SBY, SCTY, SD, SKUL, SLF, SSNI, SSRI, STMP, SUSP, SWIR, SWM, SXL, SYMC, SZYM, TCAP, TEAR, TEG, TERP, THOR, TNGO, TPC, TRAK, TROX, TRUE, TS, TSLA, TSRO, TTEC, TXTR, UHAL, VVUS, WBMD, WFM, WMC, WMGI, WR, WTI, WWWW, XPO, Z
Aug. 8, 2014, 12:20 PM
- Though it beat Q2 estimates, Blucora (BCOR -7.9%) is guiding for Q3 revenue of $112.5M-$122.5M and EPS of $0.07-$0.14, below a consensus of $129.7M and $0.21.
- On the CC (transcript), Blucora noted the HowStuffWorks acquisition is expected to have a near-term impact on margins, and that its core Search & Content ops are "in the midst of a transition that may extend beyond the third quarter," following the partial renewal of a search/ad deal with Google in February (didn't cover mobile AdSense ads).
- Search & Content revenue fell 16% Y/Y in Q2 to $79.8M. Sales were hurt both by the Google deal changes, and "a technology change [at] search engine partners" that affected WebCrawler's performance.
- On the bright side, tax preparation sales (TaxACT) grew 17% to $26.5M. E-commerce revenue (Monoprice) grew 5% on an adjusted basis to $35.3M.
- Q2 results, PR
Aug. 7, 2014, 4:56 PM
Aug. 6, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AGO, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, ALJ, ALNY, AMRN, AMRS, ANAC, ANET, ASYS, ATLS, AUQ, BCEI, BCOR, BIOL, BNFT, BNNY, BOFI, BPZ, CARA, CBS, CENT, CFN, CLNE, CLVS, CPST, CSC, CUBE, CVT, DAR, DIOD, DMD, DV, EAC, EBS, ECPG, ED, EGOV, ELX, ENOC, FF, FI, FRT, FWM, FXCM, GHDX, GST, GXP, HGR, HTGC, IRG, KTOS, LGF, MASI, MDVN, MED, MELI, MNST, NES, NFG, NOG, NVDA, NWSA, OLED, OPLK, PFMT, PODD, PRO, PSIX, QTWO, RATE, RBCN, RENT, RPTP, RRMS, SCTY, SEM, SFM, SHOR, SLXP, SPPI, SSTK, TEAR, TRNX, TRUE, TUMI, UBNT, UNXL, VOLC, VVUS, WIFI, XOMA, ZNGA,
May. 1, 2014, 5:59 PM
- Blucora (BCOR) expects Q2 revenue of $135M-$145.5M and EPS of $0.46-$0.53, below a consensus of $164.3M and $0.64. The outlook follows the renewal of a Google search/advertising deal that doesn't cover mobile AdSense ads. Shares -8.7% AH. (Q1 results, PR)
- Maxwell (MXWL) expects Q2 revenue to be "similar" to a Q1 level of $46M; that's favorable to a $42.4M consensus. Though visibility for Chinese plug-in hybrid bus market sales remains "limited," ultracapacitor demand from other markets "remains robust." Shares +1.1% AH. (Q1 results, PR)
- Audience (ADNC) expects Q2 revenue of $37.5M-$40.5M and EPS of -$0.10 to -$0.14 vs. a consensus of $38.2M and -$0.08. Shares unchanged for now. (Q1 results, PR)
May. 1, 2014, 4:42 PM
Apr. 30, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABFS, ABTL, ACGL, ADNC, ADUS, AEM, AFFX, AHS, AIV, AKAM, ALDW, ALJ, AVD, BAGL, BBG, BCOR, BJRI, BKH, BMRN, BYI, CALD, CERS, CHGG, CPSI, CSOD, CTCT, CTRL, CUBE, CVD, DCT, DGI, DRC, DVA, DXCM, EGO, EHTH, ELLI, ENTR, EPAY, EXEL, EXPE, FI, FLR, FLT, GERN, HCI, HME, HT, HTCH, HTGC, IMMR, IMPV, INVN, IPXL, ITMN, KEYW, KOG, KRFT, LAYN, LNKD, LNT, LRE, MCRS, MHK, MITK, MODN, MOH, MRC, MTW, MTZ, MXWL, NGVC, NTRI, NU, OIS, OMCL, ONNN, ONTY, OPEN, OUTR, PCCC, PKT, PMCS, PSA, QLGC, RBCN, SBAC, SEM, SGEN, SKUL, SNAK, SPF, SQNM, SREV, SSNC, SWIR, SWN, TEG, TPX, TS, TSYS, VRTX, WU, WWWW, WYNN, XL, XPO.
Feb. 20, 2014, 6:05 PM
- Anadigics (ANAD) expects revenue in seasonally weak Q1 to fall 34%-37% from a Q4 level of $36.3M. That implies a range of $24M-$25M, below a $31.8M consensus. Shares -10.2% AH. (Q4 results, PR)
- Immersion (IMMR) expects 2014 revenue of $54M-$62M and EPS of $0.27-$0.50 vs. a consensus of $61.3M and $0.47. Excluding a $1.24/share tax benefit, Q4 EPS was $0.02, below a $0.07 consensus. Shares +2.3% AH. (Q4 results, PR)
- Tremor Video (TRMR) expects Q1 revenue of $29M-$31M, above a $25.5M consensus, and adjusted EBITDA of -$7.5M- to -$6.5M. Full-year guidance is for revenue of $155M-%165M, above a $148.1M consensus, and adjusted EBITDA of -$11M to -$8M. Shares +8.1% AH. (Q4 results, PR)
- Blucora (BCOR) expects Q1 revenue of $213M-$222M and EPS of $1-$1.06, below a consensus of $223.7M and $1.15. Shares -5% AH. (Q4 results, PR)
Feb. 20, 2014, 4:13 PM
Feb. 20, 2014, 12:10 AM| 2 Comments
Feb. 19, 2014, 5:35 PM| Comment!
Nov. 5, 2013, 5:26 PM
- Blucora (BCOR) shares surge 9.4% AH after the company beat estimates soundly in Q3, aided in part by its acquisition of Monoline (contribution to e-commerce revenue of $14.6M and net income of $0.9M).
- Search revenue grew 18% Y/Y to $107.7M, Tax preparation revenue was up 20% to $1.7M, and E-commerce revenue was $14.6M (non-comparable).
- Adjusted EBITDA of $16.6M was up 37% Y/Y.
- Management guides for Q4 revenue of $156M-$164M (vs. non-comparable consensus of $137.7M). EPS is seen at $0.34-$0.39 ($0.28).
Nov. 5, 2013, 5:19 PM
BCOR vs. ETF Alternatives
Blucora Inc operates as a diverse group of Internet businesses. It develops search tools and technologies that help consumers find content and information on the Internet. The Company operates in three segments; Search, Tax Preparation, and E-Commerce.
Other News & PR