Tue, May 5, 3:29 PM
- With the Nasdaq down 1.4%, major tech decliners are easily outnumbering major gainers.
- Notable decliners include carrier/enterprise Wi-Fi hardware vendor Ruckus (RKUS -5.6%), IP licensing firm Acacia (ACTG -4.9%), VoIP/unified communications software vendor BroadSoft (BSFT -8.4%), LED/chip equipment maker Veeco (VECO -4.6%), language software vendor Rosetta Stone (RST -8.5%) mortgage origination software vendor Ellie Mae (ELLI -5.6%), and online video hosting platform Brightcove (BCOV -8.4%).
- Veeco has been hit by a downgrade to Outperform from Buy by CLSA; its Q1 report arrives tomorrow. Ruckus and Brightcove are adding to last week's post-earnings losses (I, II), while Acacia and Ellie Mae are giving back some of their recent post-earnings gains (I, II). BroadSoft soared yesterday after beating Q1 estimates and slightly hiking its 2015 EPS guidance.
- Previously covered: Chinese Internet stocks, cybersecurity stocks, LendingClub, Allot, Kulicke & Soffa, InterCloud, MicroVision
- Notable gainers: Salesforce, RetailMeNot, ChannelAdvisor, A10 Networks, IDT
Fri, May 1, 6:30 PM
- Though Brightcove (NASDAQ:BCOV) beat Q1 estimates, its customer count fell by 192 Q/Q to 5,578. Premium customers rose by 1 to 1,864, with average revenue per premium customer rising by $3K Q/Q and Y/Y to $63K. Premium customer count rose by 16 in Q4.
- CFO Kevin Rhodes on the CC (transcript): "Adding new customers is a priority for the company, but our primary goal is to drive faster revenue growth, which in any given quarter maybe skewed towards new customer addition or up-sells into our installed base."
- Also: While Q2 revenue guidance of $33M-$33.5M is above a $32.8M consensus, full-year guidance of $132.5M-$134.5M is only in-line with a $133.9M consensus. Q2 EPS guidance of -$0.03 to -$0.05 and full-year EPS guidance of -$0.05 to -$0.12 is favorable to consensus estimates of -$0.05 and -$0.11.
- Q1 results, PR
Wed, Apr. 29, 11:48 AM
- B. Riley has upgraded Brightcove (NASDAQ:BCOV) to Buy ahead of tomorrow afternoon's Q1 report. Shares have soared back above $7 in response.
- The online video hosting/monetization platform jumped in February in response to a Q4 beat and improved recurring dollar retention rate, but gradually gave back its gains.
Fri, Feb. 6, 11:32 AM
- Brightcove (NASDAQ:BCOV) ended Q4 with 5,770 customers, down from 5,899 at the end of Q3. However, its recurring dollar retention rate came in at 101%, up from Q3's 86% and above a low-to-mid 90s guidance. On the CC (transcript), Brightcove attributed the improvement to "strong upsell activity in the quarter, particularly in the media segment."
- Also: While the online video hosting provider's total customers declined, premium customers rose by 16 to 1,863. Average annual subscription revenue per premium customer was $60K, down from $61K in Q3 but up from $56K a year earlier.
- Guidance isn't spectacular, but with expectations fairly low going in, it didn't need to be: Q1 revenue of $31.8M-$32.3M and EPS of -$0.04 to -$0.05 vs. a consensus of $31.9M and -$0.05, and full-year revenue of $131.5M-$134.5M and EPS of -$0.07 to -$0.14 vs. a consensus of $134.4M and -$0.12.
- GAAP operating expenses rose 13% to $23.6M. The deferred revenue balance rose 25% Y/Y to $29.6M. Deferred revenue growth allowed Brightcove's cash balance to rise by $1.2M Q/Q to $22.9M, in spite of negative EPS.
- Q4 results, PR
Nov. 10, 2014, 5:00 PM| Comment!
Oct. 30, 2014, 6:17 PM
- Brightcove (NASDAQ:BCOV) expects Q4 revenue of $30.3M-$30.8M and EPS of -$0.08 to -$0.09 vs. a consensus of $30.5M and -$0.10.
- The Web video hosting platform's subscription/support revenue rose 15% Y/Y in Q3 to $30.5M. Professional services/other revenue fell 45% to $1.1M.
- Shares had gone into earnings near a 52-week low of $5.06.
- Q3 results, PR
Jul. 25, 2014, 12:45 PM
Jul. 25, 2014, 9:13 AM
Jul. 24, 2014, 7:04 PM
- Though Brightcove (NASDAQ:BCOV) beat Q2 estimates, it's guiding for Q3 revenue of $30M-$30.5M and EPS of -$0.08 to -$0.09, below a consensus of $32.4M and -$0.07.
- Full-year guidance is also light: Revenue of $122M-$123.5M and EPS of -$0.24 to -$0.28 vs. a consensus of $128.9M and -$0.22.
- The video encoding/hosting platform says it "experienced slower than expected progress on large deal opportunities and certain customer implementations" in Q2. In addition, a "large customer with an uncommon use case" is expected to churn in Q3.
- Q2 results, PR
Apr. 30, 2014, 5:32 PM
- WebMD (WBMD) expects Q2 revenue of $137M-$140M vs. a $139.7M consensus. Net income is expected to be in a range of $7.5M-$8.5M, up from Q1's $6.3M. Full-year guidance (hiked on April 14) is reiterated, and WebMD's buyback authorization has been raised by $30M to $44M. Shares +1.6% AH. (Q1 results, PR)
- Brightcove (BCOV) expects Q2 revenue of $29.7M-$30.2M and EPS of -$0.11 to $0.12, below a consensus of $31.1M and -$0.10. Full-year guidance is healthier: Revenue of $126M-$130M and EPS of -$0.19 to -$0.25 vs. a consensus of $128.5M and -$0.35. Shares +7.2% AH. (Q1 results, PR)
- LifeLock (LOCK) expects Q2 revenue of $113M-$114M and EPS of $0.03-$0.04 vs. a consensus of $112.6M and $0.06. Full-year guidance is for revenue of $460M-$468M and EPS of $0.44-$0.48 vs. a consensus of $463.5M and $0.45. Shares -3.8% AH. (Q1 results, PR)
Apr. 30, 2014, 4:15 PM
Mar. 19, 2014, 5:37 PM
Jan. 6, 2014, 12:45 PM
Jul. 26, 2013, 12:45 PM
Jun. 11, 2013, 5:30 PM
May 1, 2013, 12:50 PM
BCOV vs. ETF Alternatives
Brightcove Inc is a provider of cloud services for video, offers a family of products that revolutionize the way organizations deliver video experiences. The Company's products include Video Cloud, Zencoder & HTML5 video player.
Other News & PR