Sun, May 10, 7:06 AM
- The World Health Organization has declared Liberia free of Ebola, marking the end of a national outbreak that infected as many as 400 new victims a week at its peak.
- Liberia has now gone 42 days - twice Ebola's maximum incubation period - since the burial of its last confirmed patient without discovering a new case.
- The disease is still spreading in Sierra Leone and Guinea, though at a slower pace. According to WHO statistics, more than 11,000 people have died from the virus, with about half of them in Liberia.
- Ebola-related stocks: JNJ, GSK, HEB, BCRX, NLNK, NNVC, INO, TKMR, OTCQB:GOVX, SRPT, CMRX, PLX, NSPH, LAKE, APT, VSR, SMED.
Fri, May 8, 9:19 AM
- BioCryst Pharmaceuticals (BCRX -0.2%) Q1 results: Revenues: $6.8M (+94.3%); R&D Expense: $17.1M (+85.9%); SG&A: $4.1M (+156.3%); Operating Loss: ($14.4M) (-94.6%); Net Loss: ($15.2M) (-50.5%); Loss Per Share: ($0.21) (-23.5%); Quick Assets: $108.6M (-4.7%).
- 2015 Guidance: Cash burn: $65M - 80M; Operating expenses: $75M - 95M.
Fri, May 8, 7:00 AM| Comment!
Thu, May 7, 5:30 PM
Fri, May 1, 5:36 PM
Tue, Apr. 21, 9:42 AM
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY +1.3%) upgraded to Overweight with $80 (21% upside) by Morgan Stanley.
- Align Technology (ALGN +4.6%) upgraded to Overweight with a $79 (46% upside) price target by Morgan Stanley.
- Biocryst Pharmaceuticals (BCRX +4.5%) upgraded to Neutral with $12 (20% upside) by Bank of America.
- Rosetta Genomics (ROSG -1%) upgraded to Buy with $5.50 (32% upside) price target by Cantor Fitzgerald.
- Phibro Animal Health (PAHC -2.7%) downgraded to Underweight with $35 (3% upside) price target by Morgan Stanley.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL +0.5%) downgraded to Sell with $36 (28% downside risk) price target by UBS.
Wed, Apr. 1, 9:13 AM
Tue, Mar. 31, 5:36 PM
Tue, Mar. 31, 9:13 AM
Tue, Mar. 31, 8:31 AM
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response's Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) awards BioCryst Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:BCRX) a contract for the continued development of BCX4430 for the potential treatment of diseases caused by RNA pathogens, including filoviruses.
- The base contract of $12.1M will support the manufacturing of BCX4430, while $22.9M in additional development options may be exercised by the government. The scope of the work in the base contract pertains to manufacturing, process improvement and scale-up over an 18-month period. The BCX4430 produced under the contract will be used in clinical trials and non-clinical toxicology studies that will support a New Drug Application (NDA) filing with the FDA for both intravenous and intramuscular formulations of BCX4430.
- President & CEO Jon P. Stonehouse says, "BCX4430 currently represents the only single drug that has demonstrated a survival benefit in non-human primates infected with Marburg or Ebola viruses. This new BARDA contract provides continuity in the ongoing development of our broad spectrum antiviral, '4430, and moves this program closer to the finish line."
- BCX4430 is an RNA dependent-RNA polymerase inhibitor that has shown broad-spectrum activity against in vitro against more than 20 RNA viruses in nine different families, including filoviruses, togaviruses, bunyaviruses, arenaviruses, paramyxoviruses, coronaviruses and flaviviruses.
Fri, Feb. 20, 7:15 AM
- The World Health Organization (WHO) approves the use of a 15-minute point-of-care test developed by Corgenix Medical (OTCQB:CONX) to detect the presence of the Ebola virus. The company developed the assay with funding assistance of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Paul G. Allen Family Foundation.
- Procurement and roll-out in Africa will begin in a few weeks pending the completion of administrative procedures with the U.S. FDA.
- Ebola-related tickers: (NYSE:MRK) (NASDAQ:NLNK) (NYSEMKT:IBIO) (NASDAQ:NVAX) (NYSE:GSK) (NYSE:JNJ) (NASDAQ:TKMR) (NYSEMKT:HEB) (NASDAQ:BCRX) (NASDAQ:SRPT) (NASDAQ:CMRX) (NASDAQ:ABIO) (OTCQB:AEMD) (OTCPK:BVNRY) (NASDAQ:INO) (OTCQX:RHHBY)
Wed, Feb. 18, 8:20 AM
- BioCryst Pharmaceuticals (BCRX +0.7%) Q4 results: Revenues: $5.4M (-49.1%); R&D Expense: $18.5M (+19.4%); G&A: $2M (+42.9%); Operating Loss: ($15.2M) (-141.3%); Net Loss: ($11.7M) (-116.7%); Loss Per Share: ($0.16) (-77.8%).
- FY2014 results: Revenues: $13.6M (-21.4%); R&D Expense: $51.8M (+23.6%); G&A: $7.5M (+25.0%); Operating Loss: ($45.8M) (-49.2%); Net Loss: ($45.2M) (-50.2%); Loss Per Share: ($0.68) (-23.6%); Quick Assets: $32.6M (+999%).
- 2015 Guidance: Cash burn: $65M - 80M; operating expenses: $75M - 95M.
Wed, Feb. 18, 6:58 AM| 1 Comment
Tue, Feb. 17, 5:30 PM
Wed, Feb. 11, 3:38 AM
- President Obama is expected to announce plans today to withdraw most of the U.S. troops assigned to combat the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, where they had been deployed to assist with supply logistics, construction and training.
- The return of the troops comes as the number of new infections drops in the region - from 1,000 new suspected, probable and confirmed Ebola cases a week in October to about 150 a week in recent reports.
- Ebola-related stocks: JNJ, GSK, HEB, BCRX, NLNK, NNVC, INO, TKMR -0.5% AH
Fri, Feb. 6, 5:37 PM
BCRX vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR