Fri, May. 1, 5:36 PM
Wed, Apr. 1, 9:13 AM
Tue, Mar. 31, 5:36 PM
Tue, Mar. 31, 9:13 AM
Fri, Feb. 6, 5:37 PM
Thu, Jan. 22, 12:12 PM
- Thinly-traded micro cap NanoViricides (NNVC +20.5%) moves up in early trading on higher volume albeit on modest turnover of 230K shares. Before the open, the company announced that it shipped several anti-Ebola nanoviricide drug candidates to an unnamed "hi-security bio-containment facility" for evaluation.
- The company states that it progressed from design to synthesis of the drug candidates in only four months using its rapid design platform.
- Related tickers: (TKMR +0.2%)(BCRX -2.9%)(HEB -3.2%)(INO -2.3%)(SRPT -0.4%)(CMRX -1.4%)(ABIO -1.6%)
Dec. 22, 2014, 6:55 AM
- The FDA approves BioCryst Pharmaceuticals' (NASDAQ:BCRX) Rapivab (peramir injection) for the treatment of adult (18 years and older) patients with acute uncomplicated influenza who have been symptomatic for no more than two days.
- Rapivab is a neuraminidase inhibitor that is administered as a single 600 mg dose intravenously over 15 to 30 minutes.
- Shares are up 12% premarket on light volume.
Nov. 17, 2014, 12:06 PM
- Nano cap Aethlon Medical (OTCQB:AEMD +29.8%) jumps on massive turnover of 10M shares in response to its report of the successful treatment of a critically-ill Ebola patient in Germany with its Hemopurifier bio-filtration device. In a post-treatment analysis, the device captured 242M Ebola viruses. The patient is expected to make a full recovery.
- The Hemopurifier targets the broad-spectrum elimination of viruses and immunosuppressive proteins from the blood.
- The stock has more than tripled since mid-October when the first treatment with the Hemopurifier was reported.
- Some of the members of the trading behavior-characterized Ebola Small Cap Index have completed their round trips. (HEB +1.2%)(TKMR +5.1%)(NLNK +2.5%)(NNVC -3.8%)(INO -8.5%)(OTCQB:GOVX)(SRPT -0.7%)(CMRX +4.4%)(PLX -1%)(NSPH -0.2%)(BCRX +0.7%)(LAKE +1.3%)(APT +0.2%)(VSR -0.7%)(SMED -2.7%)
Oct. 23, 2014, 9:57 PM
- The physician - who lives in Upper Manhattan - had returned to NYC ten days ago after treating Ebola patients in West Africa. Late in the trading session today, stocks gave back some of their big gains on a report he had been hospitalized with Ebola-type symptoms.
- City officials are at work tracing the doctor's contacts to determine who else may be at risk, and his girlfriend is being tested for the disease.
- S&P 500 (NYSEARCA:SPY) futures are lower by 0.5%.
- Ebola Small-cap Index: HEB. TKMR, NLNK, NNVC, INO, OTCQB:GOVX, SRPT, CMRX, PLX, NSPH, BCRX, LAKE, APT, VSR, SMED.
Oct. 23, 2014, 3:49 PM
- The Ebola Small Cap Index is mostly up today after a report that a potentially infected patient is under quarantine in New York.
- (HEB -0.7%)(TKMR +2.9%)(NLNK -1.5%)(NNVC +1.8%)(INO +2.6%)(OTCQB:GOVX -9.1%)(SRPT +3.5%)(CMRX +4.7%)(PLX +1.7%)(NSPH +1.8%)(BCRX +4.2%)(LAKE +18.7%)(APT +5.6%)(VSR +6.1%)(SMED +3.3%)
Oct. 16, 2014, 9:09 AM
- Nano cap (NYSEMKT:IBIO) is up 52% premaket on robust volume in apparent response to its press release about the applicability of its iBioLaunch technology to the development of antibodies that target Ebola. Over zealous traders appear to be ignoring the long-term nature of the applicability.
- As previously reported,the company licensed iBioLaunch to would-be ZMapp manufacturer Caliber Biotherapeutics.
- Ebola Small Cap Index: (NYSEMKT:HEB) (NASDAQ:TKMR) (NASDAQ:NLNK) (NYSEMKT:NNVC) (NASDAQ:INO) (OTCQB:GOVX) (NASDAQ:SRPT) (NASDAQ:CMRX) (NYSEMKT:PLX) (NASDAQ:NSPH) (NASDAQ:BCRX) (NASDAQ:LAKE) (NYSEMKT:APT) (NYSEMKT:VSR) (NASDAQ:SMED)
Oct. 15, 2014, 12:47 PM
Oct. 15, 2014, 9:17 AM
Oct. 15, 2014, 8:57 AM
- The report of a second Ebola infection at the Texas hospital that treated Thomas Eric Duncan has traders clamoring for Ebola-related stocks this morning.
- Premarket moves for the Ebola Small Cap Index: (NYSEMKT:IBIO): +4%; (NYSEMKT:HEB): +5%; (NASDAQ:TKMR): +4%; (NASDAQ:NLNK): +6%; (NYSEMKT:NNVC): +1%; (NASDAQ:INO): +0.4%; (NASDAQ:BCRX): +5%; (OTCQB:GOVX): n/a; (NASDAQ:SRPT): +2%; (NASDAQ:CMRX): +4%; (NYSEMKT:PLX): +2%; (NASDAQ:NSPH): +5%; (NASDAQ:SMED): +6%; (NASDAQ:LAKE): +15%: (NYSEMKT:APT): +20%; (NYSEMKT:VSR): +37%.
- LAKE, APT and VSR are the only ones up on high volume.
Oct. 14, 2014, 12:04 PM
- Most members of the unofficial Ebola Small Cap Index are holding up in today's trading. Ibio and Nanosphere are the only ones getting roughed up.
- (IBIO -24.5%)(HEB -8%)(TKMR +1.7%)(NLNK +9.5%)(NNVC +6.7%)(INO +3.9%)(BCRX +5.5%)(OTCQB:GOVX +17.9%)(SRPT +5%)(CMRX +1.2%)(PLX -4.1%)(NSPH -39.9%)(SMED -1.6%)(LAKE -5.5%)(APT -0.5%)
Oct. 10, 2014, 4:18 PM
- Nano cap Ibio (IBIO +83.7%) was up big today on a massive 13.2M shares in response to reports that it may be a player in the government's efforts to ramp up production of Mapp Biopharmaceuticals' Ebola drug ZMapp.
- Ibio, working with Fraunhofer Center for Molecular Biotechnology, developed a plant-based technology called iBioLaunch that can bring vaccines to market more rapidly.
- The government is in advanced discussions with Caliber Biotherapeutics on the initiative. Caliber can produce ZMapp in large quantities utilizing its plant-based capabilities and Ibio's iBioLaunch technology which Caliber licensed last year. iBioLaunch causes green plants to produce commercial quantities of targeted human proteins in proper form for use in pharmaceuticals.
- Under the terms of the license agreement, Ibio will receive license and milestone fees based on the development of product targets selected by Caliber.
- Ebola-related tickers: (TKMR -4.3%)(BCRX -6.3%)(HEB +11.1%)(INO -0.5%)(NLNK -2%)(OTCQB:GOVX -15.7%)(SRPT -5.4%)(CMRX -2.4%)
BCRX vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR