Thu, Feb. 12, 10:55 AM| Comment!
Thu, Jan. 15, 10:52 AM
- Other firms are likely to feel a pinch after Bombardier ((OTCPK:BDRAF -18%),(OTCQX:BDRBF -20.8%)) announced it's pausing its Learjet 85 program.
- Rockwell Collins (COL +0.7%) supplies the Learjet 85's avionics, Pratt & Whitney (UTX +0.7%) Canada provides the jet's engines, while LMI Aerospace (LMIA -0.2%) takes part in the plane's engineering.
Sep. 26, 2014, 10:51 AM
- Bombardier (OTCQX:BDRBF +4.4%) says it received a firm order for 40 of its new CSeries jets, with options on another 10, from leasing company Macquarie AirFinance, bringing the plane maker’s total firm orders for the new aircraft to 243.
- The CSeries program has suffered repeated delays and ballooning costs; Bombardier resumed CSeries test flights on Sept. 7 after an on-ground engine fire halted them in May.
May. 21, 2014, 3:36 PM
- Bombardier's (BDRAF, BDRBF) biggest customer for the CSeries aircraft, Republic Airways (RJET), is reconsidering whether to follow through with a $3B jet order after a change in airline strategy.
- The 40 CS300 aircraft on order are no longer a top priority for RJET as it returns to its roots as a provider of regional flights for larger carriers, CEO Bryan Bedford says, adding to doubts about whether Bombardier can complete a deal valued first announced in 2010.
- Since then, Bombardier has had to postpone the debut of the model it sees as a mainstay of future revenue, and RJET has dropped plans to compete with major airlines by flying full-size jetliners such as the CSeries.
Dec. 6, 2012, 9:34 AMDelta Airlines (DAL) chooses Bombardier (BDRAF.PK) over Embraer (ERJ -5.3%) and orders 40 CRJ900 NextGen regional jets from the Canadian company, and takes an option to acquire another 30 in a deal that could be worth up to $3.29B. The initial value is $1.85B. The booking adds to orders worth billions of dollars that Bombardier received from Berkshire Hathaway's NetJets and VistaJet. | Comment!
BDRBF vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR