CareFusion Shareholders: Read Here How The Board Of Directors Robbed You Yesterday
- The board of directors did not contact any other party breaching their fiduciary duties.
- Read the complete background of the merger to understand clearly how the merger was prepared.
- Read the illogical reasons not to contact other parties. Read to know why you are being less paid.
- The shareholders voted on January 21, 2015 the approval of the merger agreement.
- As well as the approval from shareholders, the merger is subject to the European Commission approval.
- The risk of the merger at this point is much lower than in the beginning. So, you can take a look if you are looking for low risk investments.
Becton, Dickinson & Company: CareFusion Acquisition Suggests A Widening Moat And Increase In Fair Value Estimate
- Shortly after my first look at Becton, Dickinson & Company, the firm announced the acquisition of CareFusion, a company specializing in intravenous infusion pumps and related products.
- The acquisition essentially gives BD access to CareFusion's highly sticky customers and purview of nearly the entire value chain in intravenous therapy products, from pump to needle.
- The acquisition looks to have been fairly valued based upon potential synergies, as CareFusion should benefit from Becton Dickinson's international exposure.
- Though little has changed in BD's standalone operating model, the potential for significant operating synergies with the addition of CareFusion suggests a widening economic moat.
- I increase my fair value estimate for the company, and while I regret not taking a position earlier when I had the chance, would consider starting a small position.
Profit For The Buyer, Profit For You: Becton, Dickinson To Acquire CareFusion
- The market likes very much this logical acquisition and you can profit from it.
- The M&A experience of the target will help the transaction and so surprises are not expected.
- The spread is very small and the M&A will be long so in this case we prefer to buy the buyer group.
Building A Core Investment Portfolio For The Next 20 Years: Becton, Dickinson & Co.
- Every investor should have a core portfolio that investors can rely on for steady gains without wild fluctuations.
- Becton Dickinson is a dividend aristocrat that recently raised its dividend for the 43rd consecutive year.
- The company's recent acquisition of CareFusion should fuel long-term growth.
- Becton, Dickinson shares currently trade at approximately 20 times forward earnings despite a modest earnings growth outlook.
- While the firm's track record of dividend growth is impressive and it is likely to announce another dividend increase later this month, the shares currently yield less than 2%.
- Based on a DRAG analysis, Becton, Dickinson shares have become significantly overvalued relative to the company's fundamental attributes and analysts' consensus earnings growth forecast.
Becton, Dickinson And Co. Has Provided Investors With Robust Returns For Years, But Currently Pricey
- Becton, Dickinson and Co. provides a wide range of medical devices and diagnostic products used in hospitals, doctors' offices, research labs and other settings.
- BDX has enjoyed more favorable demand and pricing than others in the industry. The company’s needle and surgical business has provided investors with robust returns for years.
- The stock is now trading at a premium to my calculated fair value and its current yield is under 2.0%.
Becton, Dickinson: Let's Do A Check-Up On Its Fiscal 2014 Earnings
- Becton, Dickinson reported mid-single digit revenue growth and high-single digit earnings per share growth for both the fourth quarter and all of fiscal 2014.
- Analysts expect this level of growth to continue in the foreseeable future, with the pending acquisition of CareFusion playing a role.
- This is a great company that operates in a recession-resistant industry. With the stock at fair value and a 1.7% dividend yield, decent returns can be expected going forward.
ModernGraham Quarterly Valuation Of Becton, Dickinson And Co.
- BDX is suitable for Enterprising Investors following the ModernGraham approach.
- According to the ModernGraham valuation model, the company is overvalued at the present time.
- The market is implying 6.22% earnings growth over the next 7-10 years, a rate which is unsupported by the company's recent earnings history.
The Importance Of Becton, Dickinson And Company's Q4 Results And 2015 Outlook
- BDX released its Q4 results this morning.
- The company has a 42 year streak of dividend increases, will growth continue?
- BDX stock has been on a tear over the last month, up 10%.
- Is BDX Outlook favorable?
Becton, Dickinson And Co. Continues To Print Money Like It's Going Out Of Style
- Becton, Dickinson and Co. has a storied dividend history, with annual raises dating back to 1973.
- The medical firm is currently growing earnings per share at a healthy 9% rate.
- This stock is not for everyone, as its low starter yield may be below some investors' entry requirements.
Dividend Aristocrats In Focus Part 18 Of 54: Becton, Dickinson & Company
- Find out why BDX is a strong buy and Top 10 stock based on the 8 Rules of Dividend Investing.
- The company has raised its dividend payments for 42 consecutive years and has strong growth prospects ahead.
- BDX has a full product pipeline ready to fuel future growth.
Becton Dickinson - Investors Cheer The CareFusion Deal, I Remain CautiousThe Value Investor • Oct. 6, 2014
- Becton Dickinson acquires CareFusion in a $12.2 billion deal.
- Investors like the deal for the operational and financial implications, adding upto $5 billion to the combined market capitalization.
- I remain a bit more cautious as all the good news is priced in with few potential triggers in the short to medium term.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company produces products essential for healthcare delivery and should benefit from long-term tailwinds and international expansion efforts.
- Though the Medical segment product lines suffer from commoditization, the company's size and cost efficiences are difficult to match, and margins in other segments should be protected by switching costs.
- Below, I offer an overview of the company, industry dynamics, and fair value estimate.
Becton, Dickinson: Better Bargain Than You Think
- Becton Dickinson's end markets are highly defensive and exhibiting above GDP growth.
- Valuation looks compelling compared to most of the company's past.
- Management is aggressively returning cash to shareholders.
Becton, Dickinson Vs. Medtronic: Battle Of Medical Dividend Aristocrats
- Medtronic is growing emerging market revenue at 12%.
- BDX Chinese revenues are growing at 17%.
- Both companies rank highly based on the 8 Rules of Dividend Investing.
- BDX may be somewhat overvalued at this time, while MDT may be undervalued.
- Both companies' future growth depends on emerging market expansion.
Becton, Dickinson: 17% Revenue Growth In China, Safety, And A 9% CAGR
- Shareholders can expect a CAGR of around 9% going forward.
- BDX may be somewhat overvalued.
- The company compares favorably to other Dividend Aristocrats.
- BDX has grown revenue per share by over 8% per year over the last decade.
- Revenue in China is growing at 17%.
Jul. 22, 2014, 4:44 PM| Comment!
Jun. 27, 2014, 6:14 PM| Comment!
May. 20, 2014, 5:26 PM| Comment!
May. 1, 2014, 7:33 AM
May. 1, 2014, 6:34 AM| Comment!
Apr. 30, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ABMD, ACIW, AFSI, AIT, AMT, ANR, ANSS, ARG, AVP, BBW, BDC, BDX, BG, BGCP, BKCC, BLL, BWA, BZH, CAH, CHD, CI, CIE, CLX, CME, CNP, CNSL, COP, CPN, CRCM, CROX, CVI, CVRR, DIN, DPZ, ENDP, EPD, EXAS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, FSS, FUR, GG, GNRC, GWR, HAR, HEP, HSNI, HST, I, IART, IDA, IDCC, IIVI, INCY, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, IT, ITC, ITT, IVZ, JAH, K, KMT, LAZ, LINE, LLL, LM, MA, MD, MDC, MFA, MFC, MPC, MPLX, MSI, MTOR, MWW, MYL, NGLS, NILE, NNN, NVO, O, OAK, OCN, OGE, PCG, PCRX, PEG, PMC, PPL, PRLB, PTRY, PWE, PWR, Q, RFP, RGLD, RRD, SBH, SFY, SHOO, SHPG, SMP, SNMX, STRZA, SWC, TEVA, THRM, TMUS, TXT, UAN, UPL, VG, VIAB, VICL, WLT, WWE, XEL, XOM, YRCW.
Mar. 24, 2014, 7:27 PM
- As U.S. corporations sit on $1T-plus in cash and with many facing organic growth challenges, Morgan Stanley lists 44 multi-billion dollar cap companies it thinks have a high likelihood of receiving at least one tender offer over the next 12 months.
- In the energy sector: NFX, SD, TDW.
- In materials: CLF, AXLL, UFS, RGLD.
- Consumer discretionary: SBGI, WEN, TPX, EAT, BYI, DWA, JCP, AEO.
- Consumer staples: INGR, HAIN, HSH, WWAV.
- Health care: CELG, ESRX, WLP, REGN, ALXN, AET, CI, BDX, CERN.
- Financial: NSM.
- Tech: BRCD, ONNN, TIBX, SPWR, IM, JBL, SUNE, TER, ARRS, NSR.
- Telecom: CCI, SBAC, LVLT, WIN, FTR.
Feb. 4, 2014, 7:15 AM
- Becton, Dickinson (BDX) FQ1 net profit falls to $271M from $625M a year earlier, which included income of $355M from discontinued operations.
- Total operating costs +8.5% to $1.64B.
- Revenue breakdown: Medical segment +8.2% to $1.06B, Diagnostics +3.1% to $672M. U.S revenues +2.3%, international +8.9%, reflecting strength in emerging markets.
- BD raises the lower end of its FY adjusted EPS guidance by 3 cents and now expects $6.19-6.22 vs $5.81 a year earlier. Consensus is for $6.23. BD projects that reported and currency-neutral revenues will increase 4.5-5% vs a previous prediction of +4-5%.
- BD intends to buy back $450M of its common stock during the FY. (PR)
Feb. 4, 2014, 6:01 AM| Comment!
Feb. 4, 2014, 12:05 AM
Feb. 3, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jan. 28, 2014, 2:23 PM| Comment!
Jan. 7, 2014, 12:02 PM
- Becton, Dickinson (BDX +1.6%) acquires privately-held Alverix, which makes diagnostic instruments.
- The two companies have worked together for the last five years designing and developing the BD Veritor System.
- The deal will be "minimally dilutive" to BDX's FY14 results and "will not impact ... 2014 earnings guidance." (PR)
Jan. 7, 2014, 9:58 AM
- BofA upgrades Perrigo (PRGO +1.2%) to Buy from Neutral. RBC starts the shares as a Top Pick, with a $187 price target.
- BofA upgrades Becton Dickinson (BDX +0.8%) to Neutral from Underperform.
- RBC upgrades Johnson & Johnson (JNJ +1.6%) to Outperform from Sector Perform. Price target is $104.
- Citi upgrades Varian Medical (VAR +1.6%) to Neutral from Sell.
- Roth starts ANI Pharma (ANIP +9.5%) at Buy. Price target is $27.
- RBC starts Teva (TEVA +0.1%) at Sector Perform. Price target is $39.
- RBC starts AcelRx (ACRX +2.5%) at Outperform. Price target is $15.
- RBC starts Mylan (MYL +2.3%) at Outperform. Price target is $50.
- RBC starts Allergan (AGN +1.3%) at Outperform. Price target is $131.
- RBC starts Impax Labs (IPXL +0.2%) at Sector Perform. Price target is $25.
Dec. 17, 2013, 8:30 AM
- Biodel (BIOD) jumps 14% in premarket trading.
- The company has inked a long-term supply deal with Becton, Dickinson (BDX) for exclusive rights to the BD Uniject SCF Disposable Auto-Disable Injection System.
- BIOD will leverage the device to serve the "glucagon rescue treatment market by replacing antiquated, difficult, and cumbersome multi-part kits with simple, convenient, portable therapies."
- In other words, the company is using the devices to deliver liquid glucagon for the treatment of hypoglycemia. (PR)
Nov. 26, 2013, 8:04 AM| 1 Comment
BDX vs. ETF Alternatives
Becton Dickinson & Co is a medical technology company, engaged in the manufacture and sale of medical devices, instrument systems and reagents used by healthcare institutions, life science researchers, general public and clinical laboratories.
Other News & PR