Wed, Nov. 5, 2:01 AM
- BHP Billiton (NYSE:BHP) is planning to export ultralight oil from the U.S. without getting formal approval from Washington, testing the waters of exporting the minimally processed oil without a permit.
- People in the industry say the U.S. Commerce Department, which oversees oil exports, has been encouraging companies to pursue independent exports without having to issue new rulings permitting it, a process being called "self-classification."
- Pioneer Natural Resources and Enterprise Products Partners surprised oil markets earlier this year when they said they had obtained government approval to export the ultralight oil, known as condensate.
- BHP Billiton says it has already signed an agreement to sell a 650K barrel cargo to Swiss trader Vitol.
Tue, Aug. 19, 7:14 AM
- After announcing the creation of its new global metals and mining company, BHP Billiton (NYSE:BHP) says it is now in talks with potential buyers for all, or part, of its Nickel West division in Australia, which was excluded from the company's major restructuring.
- "We continue to talk to interested parties," says CEO Andrew Mackenzie. "This is a matter of commercial discussions with several potential buyers."
Tue, Aug. 19, 3:40 AM
- BHP Billiton (NYSE:BHP) has announced its plans to form a new global metals and mining company based around its aluminium, coal, manganese, nickel and silver assets. The new company will be listed on the Australian stock exchange, with a secondary listing in South Africa.
- "With a simpler portfolio, we are targeting sustainable, productivity-led gains of at least $3.5B per annum by the end of the 2017 financial year," says CEO Andrew Mackenzie.
- The demerger will leave BHP Billiton focused on its long-life iron ore, copper, coal, petroleum and potash basins.
There are no StockTalks on this stock yet.
BHPBF vs. ETF Alternatives
BHP Billiton is engaged in minerals exploration, production and processing (particularly alumina, aluminium, copper, iron ore, metallurgical coal, ferroalloys, energy coal, nickel, diamonds and titanium minerals), and oil and gas exploration, development and production. Co. has grouped its major... More
Other News & PR