Tue, Aug. 19, 7:14 AM
- After announcing the creation of its new global metals and mining company, BHP Billiton (NYSE:BHP) says it is now in talks with potential buyers for all, or part, of its Nickel West division in Australia, which was excluded from the company's major restructuring.
- "We continue to talk to interested parties," says CEO Andrew Mackenzie. "This is a matter of commercial discussions with several potential buyers."
Tue, Aug. 19, 3:40 AM
- BHP Billiton (NYSE:BHP) has announced its plans to form a new global metals and mining company based around its aluminium, coal, manganese, nickel and silver assets. The new company will be listed on the Australian stock exchange, with a secondary listing in South Africa.
- "With a simpler portfolio, we are targeting sustainable, productivity-led gains of at least $3.5B per annum by the end of the 2017 financial year," says CEO Andrew Mackenzie.
- The demerger will leave BHP Billiton focused on its long-life iron ore, copper, coal, petroleum and potash basins.
There are no StockTalks on this stock yet.
BHPBF vs. ETF Alternatives
BHP Billiton is engaged in minerals exploration, production and processing (particularly alumina, aluminium, copper, iron ore, metallurgical coal, ferroalloys, energy coal, nickel, diamonds and titanium minerals), and oil and gas exploration, development and production. Co. has grouped its major... More
Other News & PR