Mon, Jan. 26, 11:29 AM
- Brookdale Senior Living (BKD -10%) slumps on a 3x spike in volume after the company announced that it expects to report Q4 cash from facility operations (CFFO) of $0.53 per share, which is $0.10 lower that Q3's $0.63.
- Management lowered its 2015 CFFO guidance to $2.60 - 2.75 from $2.95 - 3.10.
- The company plans to report Q4 and full-year results on February 4 after the close. The conference call be held the next day, February 5, at 10:00 am ET.
- Consensus view for Q4 and 2014 are EPS of $0.64 and $2.60 on revenues of $1.23B and $3.81B, respectively.
Sep. 9, 2014, 9:22 AM
- The offering was upsized to 8.955M shares from 8.75M and it priced at $33.50 each for net proceeds of about $287.1M. The underwriters have a greenshoe option to buy another 1.343M shares at that price.
- Proceeds will be used to fund the exercise of purchase options on certain communities currently leased to the company. Brookdale (NYSE:BKD) will also pay of certain debt carrying a weighted-average interest rate of 7.3%.
- Source: Press Release
- Shares -0.9% premarket to $34.20.
Jul. 16, 2014, 12:18 PM
- Brookdale Senior Living (BKD +1.8%) is the upside outlier in senior living names today after Goldman initiates coverage with a Buy rating and $44 price target.
- Goldman rattled a few feathers earlier this month when it downgraded the Healthcare REIT sector, citing a preference for more economically-sensitive areas. Alongside that sector call, the team also pulled its Buy rating on Omega Healthcare.
May. 28, 2014, 9:42 AM
- Brookdale Senior Living (BKD) prices the 19.4M shares offered by Fortress Investment Group at $33 each.
- The stock's ahead 1% in early action to $33.50.
- Source: Press Release
- Previously: Brookdale -2% as Fortress sets sale of nearly 20M shares
May. 27, 2014, 4:18 PM| Comment!
Feb. 21, 2014, 10:05 AM
- "The combination will put Brookdale's (BKD +4.3%) market share in the private pay residential/senior housing market at ~10% and will offer numerous strategic and financial benefits," says analyst Darren Lehrich, maintaining his Buy rating on BKD and boosting the price target $3 to $38. "We conclude that the deal puts an exclamation point on the value of BKD's infrastructure and leadership position in the senior living space, and it should accelerate the value of ESC's portfolio over the mid/long-term ... Synergies should have upside risks."
- ESC +35%
- Earlier coverage of the deal
Feb. 20, 2014, 5:09 PM
- Brookdale Senior Living (BKD) is merging with fellow retirement home owner Emeritus (ESC) in a deal the companies state will create "the only nationwide network of senior living communities with fully integrated ancillary services across the continuum of care."
- Emeritus shareholders will receive 0.95 shares of Brookdale common stock for each Emeritus share they own. Based on today's close, the deal values Emeritus at $28.59/share, a 33% premium.
- Brookdale CEO Andy Smith will be CEO of the combined companies. Assuming regulators approve, the deal is expected to close in Q3.
- BKD -1.2% AH. Emeritus is currently trading at $27.
Jan. 14, 2013, 3:42 PMBrookdale Senior Living (BKD +2.8%) gets a boost today from an upgrade to Buy on valuation at Sidoti with a $32 price target. Once all the politics have been hashed out, clarity on rate cuts and expansion of coverage due to changes in health care laws means more customers and growth long term growth prospects prospects for the health care industrty, and BKD is going to be one of its prime beneficiaries. | 2 Comments
Sep. 27, 2012, 2:54 PMBrookdale Senior Living (BKD +6.4%) shares are riding high after Bloomberg says the company could be the next takeover target in the senior living space. BKD has the group's lowest valuation relative to cash flow, and operating margin is projected to reach a record high next quarter, Bloomberg calculates. Its stock price "doesn’t really reflect the improving fundamentals," an analyst says. | 5 Comments
Aug. 22, 2012, 9:10 AM
Feb. 16, 2012, 7:40 PM
Jun. 1, 2011, 9:24 AMHCP (HCP) +1.9% premarket after announcing a deal to own 61 senior living communities operated by Brookdale Senior Living (BKD). HCP says the venture "should produce attractive upside in cash flow growth for the portfolio, especially given where we are in the real estate cycle for senior housing." (PR) | Comment!
BKD vs. ETF Alternatives
Brookdale Senior Living Inc is an operator of senior living communities. It operates in six business segments: retirement centers; assisted living; CCRCs rental; CCRCs entry fee; Brookdale Ancillary Services and management services.
Other News & PR