SA News • Wed, Nov. 12
From other sites
BlackRock Investment Quality Municipal Trust Inc. (BKN) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for December 10, 2014at Nasdaq.com (Dec 9, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Dec 5, 2014)
at Fox Business (May 8, 2013)
at MarketWatch.com (Feb 12, 2013)
One For Tax Day: Tax-Free 6.6% With Strong Upside Potential
- BKN is a municipal-bond closed-end fund yielding a tax-free 6.6%.
- BKN's market price has missed the 2014 run up in municipal bond prices despite a strong performance for the fund's NAV.
- With its attractive yield and price growth potential, BKN could be a solid buy for the muni bond fund investor.
There are no Transcripts on BKN.
Wed, Nov. 12, 12:51 PM| Comment!
Sat, Jan. 11, 9:00 AM
- Ranking about dead last a year ago in Barron's handicapping of where to go for yield, municipal bonds climb nearly to the top for 2014. Long-term issues yield 4.5-5%, towering over the 30-year Treasury at 3.8% ... and don't forget the tax exemption. Credit worries are high, but the "real news is that the credit profile of local governments throughout the U.S. will improve as property valuations rise, local sales and income-taxes increase, and major reform of public employee pension plans accelerates," says John Loffredo, co-manager of the MacKay Shields Municipal High Yield Fund.
- A few closed-end funds trading at discounts to NAV: NIO, NVG, BTT, NPM, NRK, MUC, VCV, NEA, NMA, NAD, ETX, BKN
- Muni ETFs: MUB, HYD, BAB, PZA, MUNI, TFI, ITM, MLN, HYMB, CMF, BABZ, BABS, XMPT, SHM, SUB, PRB, SMB, PZT, NYF, CXA, PWZ, PVI, SMMU, MUAF, INY, MUAD, MUAG, MUAE, VRD, MUAC, GMMB, RVNU
- Topping the list are the best performers from last year: dividend stocks. Even after a big rally, plenty of blue chips yield more than the 10-year Treasury and payouts are still low, says S&P's Howard Silverblatt, who sees a double-digit rise in cash payouts this year.
- Dividend ETFs: DVY, IDV, VIG, SDY, VYM, SDIV, HDV, SCHD, DWX, KBWD, PID, DES, DTN, PEY, SPHD, DIV, DHS, DLN, LVL, DTD, DGRW, DON, FDL, FVD, PFM, FGD, NOBL, DOO, DOL, SDYL, DVYL, DEW, IDOG, HGI, DGRS, DNL, DGRE, DVYA, RDIV, QDF, RDVY, QDEF, QDYN, IQDF, EMDG, IQDY, WDIV, IQDE, FIEG
- Near the bottom of the list this year after a big move in 2013 are MLPs, which trade for nearly twice the valuation of utilities and telecom, based on Enterprise Value/EBITDA. Yields are tasty at 5.5%, but many MLPs barely cover their payouts - a contrast to the vast majority of dividend-paying corporations. Stick with MLPs comfortably covering their distributions like EPD and PAA.
- MLP ETFs: AMLP, AMJ, MLPL, YMLP, MLPI, MLPA, MLPN, EMLP, MLPS, MLPG, MLPY, MLPJ, MLPX, AMU, YMLI, ATMP, MLPW, IMLP, ENFR, MLPC
Dec. 17, 2013, 12:55 PM
- The combination of credit issues and rising interest rates have municipal closed-end funds selling at near-record discounts (10%+) to net asset values, says Doug Kass, and at near-record pretax-equivalent yields vs. taxable bonds. Those conditions, says Kass, constitute a margin of safety and he's an owner of: NMA, NAD, ETX, BKN.
- Related ETFs: MUB, HYD, BAB, PZA, MUNI, TFI, ITM, MLN, HYMB, CMF, BABZ, BABS, XMPT, SHM, SUB, PRB, SMB, PZT, NYF, CXA, PWZ, PVI, SMMU, MUAF, INY, MUAD, MUAG, MUAE, VRD, MUAC, GMMB, RVNU
BKN vs. ETF Alternatives
To provide high current income, exempt from regular Federal income tax, consistent with the preservation of capital. At least 80% of the securities in the portfolio are rated at least investment grade or determined by the Adviser to be of equivalent credit
Other News & PR