Wed, Sep. 9, 9:05 AM
- Segment sales: Retail: $939M (-1.66%); College: $238.98M (+5.70%); NOOK: $54.34M (-22.41%).
- Digital content sales declined 28% to $37M & device and accessories sales -6.2% to $17M.
- Comparable-store sales for the college segment expanded 1.8%.
- Gross margin rate fell 210 bps to 28.9%.
- SG&A expense rate grew 90 bps to 29.5%.
- FY2016 Guidance: Retail core comparable bookstore sales: ~+1%; NOOK EBITDA losses: decline Y/Y.
- BKS +0.18% premarket.
Wed, Sep. 9, 8:32 AM
Tue, Sep. 8, 5:30 PM
Thu, Jun. 25, 8:42 AM
- Barnes & Noble (NYSE:BKS) announces all three of its segments saw sales decline in FQ4.
- EBITDA was higher for the quarter as the Nook loss was cut to $14.8M from $56M a year ago.
- Core comparable-store sales for the retail segment fell 0.5%.
- Comparable-store sales for the college segment were up 6%.
- Guidance: Retail core comparable bookstore sales are expected to rise 1% in FY16. EBITDA losses for the Nook segment are expected to decline again.
- BKS +2.54% premarket to $27.00.
Thu, Jun. 25, 8:35 AM
Wed, Jun. 24, 5:30 PM
Tue, Mar. 10, 9:07 AM
- Barnes & Noble (NYSE:BKS) reports comparable-store sales at its retail bookstore chain rose 1.7% in FQ3.
- Revenue dropped 1% for the bookstore business on a smaller store count.
- The college segment recorded revenue +7.2% to $521M and EBITDA -20% Y/Y to $28M. Investing in the digital side of the business was a factor.
- Losses at the Nook segment were narrowed to $29M, despite a sharp slide in revenue.
- Guidance: B&N expects the retail bookstore comp to be in the negative low single-digits in FY15 and Nook to be unprofitable again.
- Previously: Barnes & Noble misses by $0.30, beats on revenue
- BKS -2.45% premarket to $24.25.
Tue, Mar. 10, 8:33 AM
Mon, Mar. 9, 5:30 PM
Dec. 4, 2014, 8:34 AM
Dec. 3, 2014, 5:30 PM
Sep. 9, 2014, 8:59 AM
- Barnes & Noble (NYSE:BKS) reports a 5.3% drop in sales for its Retail segment to $955M in FQ1.
- Revenue for the College segment was flat at $226M, while Nook saw sales plummet 54% to $70M.
- Comp sales at the book chain were off 5.3% in FQ1, a mark that improves to a 0.4% dip if Nook products are backed out.
- The company expects the separation of the Nook business to occur by the end of Q1 in 2015.
- BKS +1.1% premarket
Sep. 9, 2014, 8:32 AM
Sep. 8, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jun. 25, 2014, 8:43 AM
- The board authorizes the separation of Barnes & Noble's retail operation from the NOOK Media business into two separate public companies, and BKS hopes to have this done by 2015 Q1.
- Management sees FY15 comp bookstore sales down in the low-single digits, with college comp sales down a similar amount. EBITDA losses in the NOOK segment are expected to continue to decrease.
- The earnings call is set for 10 ET.
- Shares +9.9% premarket
- Previously: Barnes & Noble misses by $0.13, beats on revenue
Jun. 25, 2014, 8:33 AM
BKS vs. ETF Alternatives
Barnes & Noble Inc is a booksellers and a content, commerce and technology company providing customers access to trade books, textbooks, magazines, newspapers and other content across its multi-channel distribution platform.
Other News & PR